Bike theft

Corzhens

May 26, 2015
In the news the other day are the cctv footage that showed bikes being stolen. In Metro Manila, a safety lock does not give security to a parked bike. The rule is don't leave your bike parked when there is no attendant because the risk of being stolen will always be there.

I feel like anything isn't safe in Metro Manila. It doesn't only apply with Bicycles, I also cautiously use my smartphone and make sure no one is following behind me. I keep my backpack in front of me because there is a high risk of getting your valuables pilfered especially near the bus stations.

There are really some cities where bikes aren't safe even with locks, so it's best to park only when there is some security personnel, that way at least when someone steals your bike, it's partly the responsibility of the security and the building.

Case in point, one of my buddies has a secured gated home with high fence and CCTV cams, one night 2 years back when it was raining a person climbed over the gate and opened the gate from the inside and sped off with his bike. We watched the security video and the guys face is hard to identify and they reported it but the bike was never found again. Usually the economic situation of the country or place is a big factor for theft.

Case in point, one of my buddies has a secured gated home with high fence and CCTV cams, one night 2 years back when it was raining a person climbed over the gate and opened the gate from the inside and sped off with his bike.
One would have to question the fact that the secured gate at an "open gate" switch on the inside of the perimeter.
Secondly, why wasn't the bike locked up in a shed, or inside the house. Having on show so that people on the outside of the secured fence can see it doesn't give it protection.

One has to surmise all of this from what was posted.

One would have to question the fact that the secured gate at an "open gate" switch on the inside of the perimeter.
Secondly, why wasn't the bike locked up in a shed, or inside the house. Having on show so that people on the outside of the secured fence can see it doesn't give it protection.

One has to surmise all of this from what was posted.

yeah, I was wondering that too, it should have a remote controlled access coming or going which is what all the gated communities I've ever seen had. Of course jumping over the fence and perhaps shouldering the bike and climbing back over, or lean the bike against the fence climb on top of the fence and reach down and lift the bike up and over and place it on the other side of the fence than climb down could be done as well depending on the height of the fence.