Road Cycling · Public discussion

bike tire recycling?

Started by Ben Pfaff · · Last activity · 4 posts · 488 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Road Cycling
Published
23 November 2004
Last activity
26 November 2004
Original author
Ben Pfaff
Posts
4
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
488
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–4 of 4
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. I have a pair of old, worn-out bike tires. Are they recyclable?
    Any hints where?

    --
    Ben Pfaff
    email: [email hidden]
    web: http://benpfaff.org

  2. Try your Local Bike Shop. They might have an idea.

  3. Ben Pfaff said:

    I have a pair of old, worn-out bike tires. Are they recyclable?
    Any hints where?

    I know of a program in my area that sends old rubber to Cuba. I think they
    have clever ways to patch the tires, or simply use tires that are too worn
    by our standards, and I'm certain that anyone who needs tires that badly
    is putting them to good use.

    If you're in the states you may have a hard time hooking up with this
    particular program, but I'm sure there would be similar ones that can be
    found.

  4. My father-in-law would cut the bead off, and place it inside another tire.
    It really helped to preven flats, but cut down on performance. Of course
    performance was not his concern since he was over sixty.

    Tom

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.