Bike-to-Work Month/Day

Dennis Pedrick

Guest
Now here's a cause I _think_ we can all agree on :)>)...

The month of May has been designated as "Bike to Work" Month, with May 16th as "Bike to Work" day.
Sponsored by the League of American Cyclists, this campaign is designed to create awareness of
bicycling as a mode of transportation, recreation, fitness, etc. It also coincides with National
Transportation Month that is also pushing for alternative transportation modes, fuels, etc.

Several local, state, national, and international organizations are putting together events that
coincide with this promotion. Looks like a great way for LBS's and clubs to get involved.

For more information:

http://www.bikeleague.org/educenter/bikemonth.htm
http://www.bicyclinginfo.org/insight/features/nbm.htm http://www.ntweek.org/home.htm

Regards -- DP

So do we cyclists get/have to take credit for POBs involved in and perhaps at fault in accidents
during this month/day? You know that they skew our statistics and not in our - cyclists - favor.

"Dennis Pedrick" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Now here's a cause I _think_ we can all agree on :)>)...
>
> The month of May has been designated as "Bike to Work" Month, with May 16th as "Bike to Work" day.
> Sponsored by the League of American Cyclists, this campaign is designed to create awareness of
> bicycling as a mode of transportation, recreation, fitness, etc. It also coincides with National
> Transportation Month that is also pushing for alternative transportation modes, fuels, etc.
>
> Several local, state, national, and international organizations are putting together events that
> coincide with this promotion. Looks like a great way for LBS's and clubs to get involved.
>
> For more information:
>
> http://www.bikeleague.org/educenter/bikemonth.htm
> http://www.bicyclinginfo.org/insight/features/nbm.htm http://www.ntweek.org/home.htm
>
> Regards -- DP

In May 2000, a Bike to Work Day flyer in my place of motivated me to bike commute for the first time
in about 15 years. I've put several thousand miles on my bikes since then. It works!

--
Greg Dunn www.BicycleCommuter.com