bike tool store

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by [email protected], Jan 31, 2005.

  1. http://www.biketoolsetc.com/

    search for:
    VAR
    Stein
    bicycle research
    shimano
    HOZAN
    makers of an affordable spoke tension meter

    the rim pliers are triple third hands price!!! howcum?
    the site lacks turd's wit and cartoonist and a free geisha coupon.
    after plowing the drive.

    Tags:

  2. Earls61

    Earls61 Guest

  3. Earls61 wrote:
    > Sure looks like Loose Screws....
    > http://www.loosescrews.com/index.cgi
    >
    > Bob

    Since both Bike Tools Etc. and Loose Screws/The Third Hand are located
    in Ashland, Oregon, I'd be surprised if the two weren't related
    somehow. Former business partners that went their seperate ways,
    perhaps?

    BTW: I received my Bike Tools Etc. printed catalog today. Drooling on
    paper sure is messy, but it beats drooling on the computer. Bzzzt!!
    Jeff

  4. [email protected] wrote:
    > Earls61 wrote:
    > > Sure looks like Loose Screws....
    > > http://www.loosescrews.com/index.cgi
    > >
    > > Bob

    > Since both Bike Tools Etc. and Loose Screws/The Third Hand are

    located
    > in Ashland, Oregon, I'd be surprised if the two weren't related
    > somehow. Former business partners that went their seperate ways,
    > perhaps?
    >
    > BTW: I received my Bike Tools Etc. printed catalog today. Drooling on
    > paper sure is messy, but it beats drooling on the computer. Bzzzt!!
    > Jeff

    A few years ago, Loose Screws (then known as the Third Hand/Loose
    Screws) announced that they were closing up shop. I think they sold
    their tool business to biketoolsetc. Later, the owners of Loose Screws
    announced that they were going to continue in business on a smaller
    scale (just spare parts, not tools). At least that's how I remember it.

  5. coelcanth

    coelcanth New Member

    Joined:
    Mar 20, 2004
    i bought almost all my tools that i didn't buy second hand from themm..
    service was good and prices and selection are hard to beat

    A few years ago, Loose Screws (then known as the Third Hand/Loose
    Screws) announced that they were closing up shop. I think they sold
    their tool business to biketoolsetc. Later, the owners of Loose Screws
    announced that they were going to continue in business on a smaller
    scale (just spare parts, not tools). At least that's how I remember it.[/QUOTE]