Bike Tools

HANDSOME PRINCE

Guest
I would say the decision to buy "good" or "cheap" depends on the buyer's
age. If under twenty, buy "good", if over forty, buy "cheap". I'm still
using tools on a daily basis that I bought over 50 years ago.

HANDSOME PRINCE <[email protected]> writes:

> I would say the decision to buy "good" or "cheap" depends on the
> buyer's age. If under twenty, buy "good", if over forty, buy
> "cheap". I'm still using tools on a daily basis that I bought over 50
> years ago.

Wow. I will say this twice in one week : I dont think I ever heard such
stupid advice in this NG.

Hadron Quark wrote:
> HANDSOME PRINCE <[email protected]> writes:
>
>> I would say the decision to buy "good" or "cheap" depends on the
>> buyer's age. If under twenty, buy "good", if over forty, buy
>> "cheap". I'm still using tools on a daily basis that I bought over 50
>> years ago.

> Wow. I will say this twice in one week : I dont think I ever heard such
> stupid advice in this NG.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

On Fri, 19 May 2006 17:18:41 -0500, HANDSOME PRINCE
<[email protected]> wrote:

>I would say the decision to buy "good" or "cheap" depends on the buyer's
>age. If under twenty, buy "good", if over forty, buy "cheap". I'm still
>using tools on a daily basis that I bought over 50 years ago.

There's cheap, and there's inexpensive, and there's cost-effective. A
tool that does not do the job isn't cost-effective, no matter how
inexpensive it is. This can be a costly lesson.
--
Typoes are a feature, not a bug.