Bike touch up paint?

gs3286

Jun 5, 2013
I am looking to touch up some scratches on a used Bianchi I just bought. Any ideas where I can get some touch up paint in the classic Bianchi green? Would it look worse if I tried to paint over the scratches? Thanks!

My favourite is to use the small enamel tins as used by the model building crowd. Plenty of shades and hues available, suitable size and good shelf life.

Others prefer nail varnish, likewise available in many, many colours.

Celeste Green may be a bit of a challenge without going to a paint house that will custom mix for you.

For your white and black trim to touch up small chips and scratches, nothing beats nail polish. Wilier red was a snap to match at Wallyworld. About a dollar per bottle.

Who knows? Women paint themselves every imaginable shade...there may be a Light Lizard Lover Green that perfectly matches Bianchi Celeste!

L&M number 85 or 88?

Remember, you can find your perfect nail bike shade by mixing two colors together to obtain the perfect tint to match your handbag...er...handlebar tape!

Originally Posted by gs3286 .

I am looking to touch up some scratches on a used Bianchi I just bought. Any ideas where I can get some touch up paint in the classic Bianchi green? Would it look worse if I tried to paint over the scratches? Thanks!
Why dont you put some electrical tape over it? /img/vbsmilies/smilies/biggrin.gif

I think that you should'nt worry much about paint problems. Cracks and oxidation are a different story though... (When hidden with paint might be more difficult to discover)

Originally Posted by alienator .

What Bianchi did you buy?
That's what I want to know. I lusted after Bianchi steel in my younger days.

"93"

Are you crazy?

THAT won't bring out the natural gleam in my eyes!

When matching up the Fire Engine Red on the Wilier, I just bought the closest four shades of "Ima *****" red on the shelves. The bike got touched up and the wife looks great!

Originally Posted by CAMPYBOB .

"93"

Are you crazy?
Quite possibly. I'm thinking the darker shades will draw the eye right to the blemish.

But heck, looks like Yahoo images can't even decide...