Bike Touring

Gelsemium

Feb 17, 2015
I think that bike touring events are the best ones. I've joined a few with my older kid and wife, along with friends and relatives and it's great, it's a possibility to explore a new region, to do an healthy activity and simply hang out with those we love. Have you been bike touring? How often do you do it?

I'd agree that it's a great and leisurely experience. I've only done it a few times with friends and family members, but it's a nice break from constantly trying to push yourself in competition or training. I'd rather make up my own bike tour rather than pay for someone to guide a tour themselves, though. I know a couple of friends that love taking bike tours in other cities that they travel to, but that's not something that interests me nearly as much while I'm traveling somewhere else.

[SIZE=10.5pt]Yes it is very fun and fulfilling to go bike touring because we are able to see new places and it is a great exercise. It is also happier when we are with our family and friends. I have also gone bike touring with my father and friends and we surely enjoyed the view of the farmland that we explored to. It is relaxing because we are not racing with each other like we always do in training, but we are biking together with each other. We talk, laugh and enjoy every moment in that tour then enjoy a sumptuous breakfast after the morning tour. [/SIZE]

I do feel that the people organizing the tours must have in mind the people that the tour is directed too. I've been in great tours, but this last one - even if great for me - it was totally inadequate for kids and we did have a lot with us.

Although I have been biking for a couple of years, I have never bike toured in my life. My cousins and wife would definitely enjoy this, so I will plan this soon. Do you have any good places for beginner riders? My wife and I ride on a daily basis, but my relative are not that experienced to be riding on steep mountains and such.

I guess that depends a lot on where you are located. In my city (a big city) there aren't many tours that I am aware of, but in smaller cities they happen more often. Sometimes we just need to look for them too.