bike trade-ins (melbourne) ?

dej

Guest
gday,
anyone know of stores around melb that will accept trade-ins on bikes?
im trying to offload my litespeed roady so i can buy a decent mtb but
no one
wants to buy the litespeed on ebay:(
figured trade-in would be a last resort..

thanks

dej said:
gday,
anyone know of stores around melb that will accept trade-ins on bikes?
im trying to offload my litespeed roady so i can buy a decent mtb but
no one
wants to buy the litespeed on ebay:(
figured trade-in would be a last resort..

thanks

Brunswick Street Cycles in Fitzroy will definately do a trade-in and have a good MTB range - ask for big Rob. :)

dej wrote:
> gday,
> anyone know of stores around melb that will accept trade-ins on bikes?
> im trying to offload my litespeed roady so i can buy a decent mtb but
> no one
> wants to buy the litespeed on ebay:(
> figured trade-in would be a last resort..

Another alternative would be trying to sell it through a bike club.
What's the details of the bike? Size? Groupset etc?

ahh thanks, yeah, not a member of any club so didnt really think of
that..
its a litespeed capella (2004) alu frame with carbon forks, carbon rear
shimano 9sp ultegra group with fsa compact crankset, ultegra spdsl
pedals
ITM bars/stem
mavic cosmos wheels, sigma bc1600 computer
size is medium/large (55.3 top tube, 73.1cm standover) frame weight
1300grams
the cranks / chainrings have done about 500kms at most..
rest of the bike is about 7000kms old..

dej said:
gday,
anyone know of stores around melb that will accept trade-ins on bikes?
im trying to offload my litespeed
Bicycle Recycle, South Rd., Moorabbin, 9555 8692. They also buy bikes, so they'll most likely give you cash for it, but obviously nowhere near as much as you'd get if you sold it elsewhere. You need ID to sell them a bike

Bleve said:
dej wrote:
> gday,
> anyone know of stores around melb that will accept trade-ins on bikes?
> im trying to offload my litespeed roady so i can buy a decent mtb but
> no one
> wants to buy the litespeed on ebay:(
> figured trade-in would be a last resort..

Another alternative would be trying to sell it through a bike club.
What's the details of the bike? Size? Groupset etc?
some of the shops might be happy to hang it up and offer to consignment sell for you, if you want to buy their product...just depends how well you know them...

but yeah, whats the specs?...you'll probably sell it quick here...no promises but never know!

cheers

dej said:
gday,
anyone know of stores around melb that will accept trade-ins on bikes?
im trying to offload my litespeed roady so i can buy a decent mtb but
no one
wants to buy the litespeed on ebay:(
figured trade-in would be a last resort..

thanks
You should be able to get more selling it on ebay or on bike forums than you would get as a trade in.

531Aussie said:
Bicycle Recycle, South Rd., Moorabbin, 9555 8692. They also buy bikes, so they might even give you cash for it, but obviously not as much as you'd get if you sold it elsewhere. You need ID to sell them a bike
just dont go in unwashed, starry eyed and offer them a full dura ace and corima equipped track bike for a few hundred, you might see a few blue shirts in the flesh kinda sooner than expected....

although last week this wasnt the case...a friend had his house broken into in Sth Melb, they stole a roadie (bling bling), a top track bike and an MTB...

the roadie and trackie were customs so he called the maker who called BicRecycle, they actually had the dudes there at the time and the maker called the 000 line and after 20 mins nothing happened. Called the cops again and they didnt beleive that the dudes were thiefs and asked the maker how do you know its a stolen bike? WTF...BS BS BS from them...so the maker called the local constabulary and they whizzed over there, but the dudes had got sick of being stalled and took off (with the bikes), later that day they got tracked to two other LBSs and a Cashies and that night were picked up at Sunshine with most of their booty...the trackie was redeemed from the Cashies for $150 bucks , it was worth over $2k+ and cost a lot more to build up.

*********** what a process

have your bikes ID recorded and an identifying mark, transponder, etching, secret sign on them, and have the local police dudes number handy, save a lot of heartache!

Kinda OT , but well a reminder now and again doesnt hurt us eh?

On 2006-05-01, SomeGuy <[email protected]> wrote:
> You should be able to get more selling it on ebay or on bike forums
> than you would get as a trade in.

Which is always the case. The shop has to be able to sell it at a
profit. You sell to the shop, they sell it to somebody else. Stands to
reason that if you cut out the middleman (aka the shop), you pocket more
of the cash.

Worst case, you could try stripping it down to the components ...

dej said:
gday,
anyone know of stores around melb that will accept trade-ins on bikes?
im trying to offload my litespeed roady so i can buy a decent mtb but
no one
wants to buy the litespeed on ebay:(
figured trade-in would be a last resort..

thanks

Nooooooooooooooooo!!!

Dont do it, Dej!
that is a noice bike. you may actually get more selling it in bits?
(not that i have done this...)

rooman said:
although last week this wasnt the case...a friend had his house broken into in Sth Melb, they stole a roadie (bling bling), a top track bike and an MTB...

holy cr*p!! where about in South Melbourne ? I live on Park Street near the intersection with Kings Way, I am insured should they get stolen, but still don't want them stolen.

but but what about all the fun to be had doing face plants in the 24hr
mtb races!
it is a nice bike, i like it a lot:(
just dunno if i can afford a good mtb without selling this one first

SuzieB wrote:

> dej Wrote:
>
>>gday,
>>anyone know of stores around melb that will accept trade-ins on bikes?
>>im trying to offload my litespeed roady so i can buy a decent mtb but
>>no one
>>wants to buy the litespeed on ebay:(
>>figured trade-in would be a last resort..
>>
>>thanks

> Brunswick Street Cycles in Fitzroy will definately do a trade-in and
> have a good MTB range - ask for big Rob. :)

After scaring myself on the TCR on the mad ride I think I am looking for
a TREK btw guys.

Dave

"dej" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> gday,
> anyone know of stores around melb that will accept trade-ins on bikes?
> im trying to offload my litespeed roady so i can buy a decent mtb but
> no one
> wants to buy the litespeed on ebay:(
> figured trade-in would be a last resort..
>
> thanks

You were obviously asking too much money on ebay....put it on with no
reserve and I guarantee you will sell it. Let the market set the price.

Gags