Bike Trailers

october-king

May 12, 2010
I'll be taking possession of my new Surly LHT tomorrow. I'm really looking forward to it. I'm planning to do a little touring this fall. I know the subject of panniers vs trailers has been beat to death so I'm not going there. I am however interested in those of you that do use trailers, which ones you prefer and why. The two trailers that I'm most interest in is the Maya Cycle,
Maya Cycle Bicycle Trailer ::
and the Aevon Kit L80
AEVON Bicycle trailers
The Maya Cycle is unique in that it has built in kick stand, swing out handles for when it's not coupled to the bike. It's also light and affordable.
I like the Aevon because the way it links to the bike by way of the seat tube. Its light as well. I don't think its available here in the US so it might be a moot point. So if you have opinion about trailers I'll be happy to hear about it.

I use the Burley Nomad that I got for $279 years ago, now it's $350. I tow groceries with it, and did long distance shopping workouts with it in Houston. Problem is the wheel would fall off if the wheel release wasn't adjusted well. I use it with the alternate hitch too.

See these pages for reviews too --
Burley Nomad bicycle cargo trailer - Free Shipping

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Burley-Design-945202-Nomad-Trailer/dp/B001MRZ6WC]Amazon.com: Burley Nomad Bike Trailer: Sports & Outdoors[/ame]

If you have any Maya Cycle questions I can help with that! Maya Cycle is for sure an awesome, convenient and easy to use option. It is now available in the US and there is a promo for 25% off! Use promo code: SantaHoHoHo2010 and you'll get 25% off the price which brings the price down substantially. Check it out www.mayacycle.com, let me know your thoughts or questions, I'm happy to help. And for the record I use the trailer. This year I sold my car and started cycling with the trailer daily, it is perfect when you need to bring ANYTHING with you anywhere. Cheers!!