Bike trails in the California Pennisula

Discussion in 'Recumbent bicycles' started by Kathy, May 21, 2003.

  1. Kathy

    Kathy Guest

    I live in the Mountain View area and am looking for trails for a moderate exerciser. I'd appreciate
    some tips on trails around the county.

    Tags:

  2. <Chas>

    <Chas> Guest

    "Kathy" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > I live in the Mountain View area and am looking for trails for a moderate exerciser. I'd
    > appreciate some tips on trails around the county.

    The "Portola Valley Loop" is popular and not too strenuous. It is basically Alpine Rd.; Portola Rd,;
    and Sand Hill Rd in any combination you like. You should check out www.chainreactionbicycles.com for
    some ride suggestions. And might pay a visit to the Bicycle Outfitters shop on Foothill Blvd at
    Loyola Corners in Los Altos for advice on good routes.

    Good luck and have fun

    <Chas> Haluzak Hybrid Race -- the inline wheelchair

  3. Eddie H

    Eddie H Guest

    Kathy, try to pick up a Krebs bike map at your local bike shop - they have great trails mapped out
    all over the SF Bay area. Also try maps here:

    http://www.transitinfo.org/Bikes/bikemap.html

    [email protected] (Kathy) wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > I live in the Mountain View area and am looking for trails for a moderate exerciser. I'd
    > appreciate some tips on trails around the county.

  4. Gary Broeder

    Gary Broeder Guest

    A very nice trail (bike/walk, no cars) starts in San Jose near the Hellyer Park Velodrome and goes
    all the way to Morgan Hill. Lost of trees, Coyote river once you get south of Metcalf road. About 14
    miles one way. Pretty much flat to slight rolling hills. GaryB. Morgan Hill

    [email protected] (Kathy) wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > I live in the Mountain View area and am looking for trails for a moderate exerciser.

  5. Glenn Beer

    Glenn Beer Guest

    The Del Puerto Canyon run between Patterson on I-5 and Mines Road is a neat trip. You want to start
    from the Patterson side. It's generally up hill from there. From Patterson to Frank Rains Park (a
    little more than half way) is rolling hills. From the park to the top is a climb. The ride back down
    is a blast.