Bike trails in the California Pennisula

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

Kathy

I live in the Mountain View area and am looking for trails for a moderate exerciser. I'd appreciate
some tips on trails around the county.

"Kathy" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> I live in the Mountain View area and am looking for trails for a moderate exerciser. I'd
> appreciate some tips on trails around the county.

The "Portola Valley Loop" is popular and not too strenuous. It is basically Alpine Rd.; Portola Rd,;
and Sand Hill Rd in any combination you like. You should check out www.chainreactionbicycles.com for
some ride suggestions. And might pay a visit to the Bicycle Outfitters shop on Foothill Blvd at
Loyola Corners in Los Altos for advice on good routes.

Good luck and have fun

<Chas> Haluzak Hybrid Race -- the inline wheelchair

A very nice trail (bike/walk, no cars) starts in San Jose near the Hellyer Park Velodrome and goes
all the way to Morgan Hill. Lost of trees, Coyote river once you get south of Metcalf road. About 14
miles one way. Pretty much flat to slight rolling hills. GaryB. Morgan Hill

[email protected] (Kathy) wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> I live in the Mountain View area and am looking for trails for a moderate exerciser.

The Del Puerto Canyon run between Patterson on I-5 and Mines Road is a neat trip. You want to start
from the Patterson side. It's generally up hill from there. From Patterson to Frank Rains Park (a
little more than half way) is rolling hills. From the park to the top is a climb. The ride back down
is a blast.

"Kathy" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> I live in the Mountain View area and am looking for trails for a moderate exerciser. I'd
> appreciate some tips on trails around the county.

Status
Not open for further replies.