Bike Trainers

JanelS

Jul 3, 2013
Does anyone else have a bike trainer?? I just got one and figured out how it works and am very excited. But when I went to use it this morning for my workout I was very disappointed. I was in my highest gear and my heart rate was only 80 BPM. Normally when I work out my HR is in the 160's. Am I doing something wrong??

What kind of trainer did you get? Is the roller adjusted to provide appropriate pressure on the tire?

The directions did not say anything about the roller putting pressure on the tire. I am going to check that out. Thank you so much!!

Originally Posted by JanelS .

The directions did not say anything about the roller putting pressure on the tire.
I am going to check that out.
Thank you so much!!
I'd be curious to know what model/brand trainer you purchased and how it's working out for you now that you've had some time with it.

Winter is just around the corner (I'm in the NW) and I am considering getting a trainer for the days I won't be outdoors riding.

Anyone with any experience on trainers that can chime in and lend some input, I'd greatly appreciate it. There are so many variations on the theme with everything cycling and with that seems as many differing opinions. Would love to get some first hand input. TIA

I have a Kinetic by Kurt Road Machine fluid trainer and LOVE it! It truly is 'fluid', very smooth and quiet. Easy to connect/disconnect your bike, simple turn of knob to adjust connection/contact of tire to flywheel, realistic coast down, and comes with multi-heights front real circular block. It also has a small footprint while remaining very sturdy. And I can easily reach 180bpm at a sprint. Having a good trainer that is easy to connect, feels road-real and with quiet performance means I'm on my trainer every day that I can't get on the road. I hope this helps. All the best in your training!

Hi there I have a jet black fluid hydro gel trainer and it s easy to use.... It give s me a great work out any day any time at home and i find it to give me a harder work out that riding outdoors. I am new to cycling but i have used the trainer on days i cant find time to go out and during the winter it kept me going Get one it s great : )

Thanks for both responses. I have a stationary recumbent at home, but hate using it, so I'm thinking of moving to a trainer and using my road bike.

:)

Once I got it all figured out I love it!!! My tensioning wheel wasn't tight and that was the problem. After my husband got done laughing at me, he showed me how it works. I felt really dumb :-( But I use it often now and it's great, but the one I have is loud. I bought this one: http://www.roadbikeoutlet.com/conquer-indoor-bicycle-trainer-exercise-stand.html And it works great. I just wish it were quieter. Good luck!!

I have the cheapest model that www.ukturbotrainers.com sell the only problem I had with mine was a slight issue with the clamp but that was resolved with a quick email. I am having great fun on it at the moment but I think I have the same problem ..... wish it was quieter! Has anyone tried a 'Riva Sport' Turbo Trainer?