Bike travel insurance

Discussion in 'Australia and New Zealand' started by DeF, Jan 4, 2006.

  1. DeF

    DeF Guest

    I've travelling to Adelaide from Perth
    with my nice bike (onix/chorus/zonda).
    I'm taking it to an LBS for packing up
    then flying over.

    Anyone have any idea about getting insurance
    for this mad escapade?

    Cheers,
    DeF.

    --
    e-mail: [email protected]
    To reply, you'll have to remove finger.

    Tags:

  2. flyingdutch

    flyingdutch New Member

    Joined:
    Feb 8, 2004
    Messages:
    5,700
    if your flying and checking it on as luggage (presumably) wont they offer insurance?

    PS your a woos :D ride over. tailwinds all the way. honest*

    * so i have read...

  3. steve46au

    steve46au New Member

    Joined:
    Oct 7, 2005
    Dutchy, so very, very cruel LOL

  4. dej

    dej Guest

    "DeF" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > I've travelling to Adelaide from Perth
    > with my nice bike (onix/chorus/zonda).
    > I'm taking it to an LBS for packing up
    > then flying over.
    >
    > Anyone have any idea about getting insurance
    > for this mad escapade?
    >
    > Cheers,
    > DeF.
    >
    > --
    > e-mail: [email protected]
    > To reply, you'll have to remove finger.

    i used qbe insurance when travelling overseas with the bike
    as part of the travel insurance they covered a certain amount for luggage
    and i just paid extra for the bike..(as it cost more than their luggage
    coverage)
    they just mentioned that if anything happened, i'd have to provide them a
    receipt showing the cost of the bike to make a claim..