Bike Types Ans Shopping Tips and Help

cutegirl

Jul 7, 2010
I want a complete guide line on Buy a a perfect bike for me. Can some one help me??

Hey, same here. Looking for help to choose the perfect bike for me. I want to add that I am actually looking for a bike for my day to day use. Which bike is gonna perfect for me? To learn about the facts before buying my bike, I am surfing around various biking forums since last few days. But this is making me more confused. Son, is there anybody who can help me to choose the best bike as per my requirement?

This is taken from the League of American Bicyclists, but it's a good start --

Answering these few questions will help you discover what type of bike is best for you:

•Why am I buying a bike?
•How fit am I?
•Where will I ride?
•What kind of terrain will I be riding?
•Will I be carrying anything?
•How much do I want to spend?

Types of bikes:
Road: Dropped handlebars and skinny tires, for racing or touring
Mountain: Flat handlebars with a wide range of gears, large tires and suspension for unpaved terrain
Hybrid/Comfort: Provides an upright position for a more relaxed ride
Recumbent: Have a reclined position and come in a wide variety of styles

If you answer those questions, you can have a better idea of what you should be looking at. Hybrid bikes are going to be the most all-around day-to-day bikes, and the most affordable, and sounds to me like would be best for your situation. Fitness/Adventure bikes are good for this as well, and will generally be better quality and more expensive.

If you're planning on riding mostly on the road, look at a road bike.

If you're mostly going to be on trails, look at a Mountain Bike.

In general, it's about comfort. If you'll be riding for long periods of time and mostly on the roads, a touring bike is a good idea. If you're someone who would prefer to stay as upright as possible, a cruiser is your best bet.

Good luck! :)