Bike Week events

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by John Hearns, Jun 4, 2004.

  1. John Hearns

    John Hearns Guest

    Hopefully not too early to start plugging rides and
    events for Bike Week!

    For anyone in London or the South East, you are most welcome
    on any of the Greenwich Cyclists events.
    http://www.greenwichcyclists.org.uk/events/jun04.html

    If you're looking for an easygoing ride, or want to get someone
    else out cycling, we have a tour of the public works of art
    around Canary Wharf on Saturday. Suitable for everybody.

    Tags:

  2. JohnB

    JohnB Guest

    John Hearns wrote:

    > Hopefully not too early to start plugging rides and
    > events for Bike Week!

    I'm running three events with my cycle-training hat on, as well as
    taking a stand at the Winchester Bike Fair. I am using them to launch my
    cycle-training schemes.

    Saturday 12th July:
    Stand at Winchester Bike Fair 10am - 3pm

    Sunday 13th July
    Cycle Skills Taster Session
    Wree introductory session to safe-cycling for children and adults.
    Certificates to participants
    Whitchurch (Hampshire), Bell Street, 9.45 - 10.45am

    Sunday 14th July
    Family and Friends Cycle Ride
    Leisurely ride along parts of the Bourne and Test valleys with a pub
    stop, or bring a picnic. Around 15 - 20 miles.
    Whitchurch Bell Street 11.30am, returning for tea at 3.30pm

    Saturday 19th July
    Doctor Bike
    Meet Sir George Young Bt MP, the 'cycling baronet'
    Free bike mechanical check, BMXs to shoppers.
    10% reduction on parts at specified bike shops.
    Outside Whitchurch Town Hall, 9.30am - 12noon

    Full details at:
    http://www.hampshirecycletraining.org.uk/

    John
    Hampshire Cycle Training

  3. JohnB wrote:

    > John Hearns wrote:
    >
    >>Hopefully not too early to start plugging rides and
    >>events for Bike Week!

    > I'm running three events with my cycle-training hat on

    Oh, please don't start another helmet thread!

    ;-)

    --
    Mark.

  4. JohnB

    JohnB Guest

    Mark Tranchant wrote:

    > JohnB wrote:
    >
    > > John Hearns wrote:
    > >
    > >>Hopefully not too early to start plugging rides and
    > >>events for Bike Week!

    > > I'm running three events with my cycle-training hat on

    > Oh, please don't start another helmet thread!
    >
    > ;-)

    LOL

    This has already been considered and a special cycle training martlehat
    is available if required:

    http://freespace.virgin.net/jpb.design/martlehat.html

    John

  5. Tony Raven

    Tony Raven Guest

    JohnB wrote:

    > This has already been considered and a special cycle training martlehat
    > is available if required:
    >
    > http://freespace.virgin.net/jpb.design/martlehat.html

    Please, please wear that when you meet Sir George Young Bt MP BHIT the
    "cycling helmet baronet"

    Tony

  6. JohnB

    JohnB Guest

    Dave Larrington wrote:

    > JohnB wrote:
    >
    > > This has already been considered and a special cycle training
    > > martlehat is available if required:
    > >
    > > http://freespace.virgin.net/jpb.design/martlehat.html
    > >

    > Martlehat! Genius! BIG gold star for that man!

    Cheers <puffs chest>

    FWIW the pic is of one of those weird hpv entrants in a Milton Keynes
    car-free day a couple of years ago ;-)
    Wozn't you woz it?

    John

  7. JohnB <[email protected]>typed

    > Saturday 12th July:
    > Stand at Winchester Bike Fair 10am - 3pm

    > Sunday 13th July
    > Cycle Skills Taster Session
    > Wree introductory session to safe-cycling for children and adults.
    > Certificates to participants
    > Whitchurch (Hampshire), Bell Street, 9.45 - 10.45am

    > Sunday 14th July
    > Family and Friends Cycle Ride
    > Leisurely ride along parts of the Bourne and Test valleys with a pub
    > stop, or bring a picnic. Around 15 - 20 miles.
    > Whitchurch Bell Street 11.30am, returning for tea at 3.30pm

    > Saturday 19th July
    > Doctor Bike
    > Meet Sir George Young Bt MP, the 'cycling baronet'
    > Free bike mechanical check, BMXs to shoppers.
    > 10% reduction on parts at specified bike shops.
    > Outside Whitchurch Town Hall, 9.30am - 12noon

    These days and dates don't fit.
    Should it be in June, not July?

    That first Sunday seems to have two consecutive dates, too

    --
    Helen D. Vecht: [email protected]
    Edgware.

  8. JohnB

    JohnB Guest

    Helen Deborah Vecht wrote:

    > JohnB <[email protected]>typed
    >
    > > Saturday 12th July:
    > > Stand at Winchester Bike Fair 10am - 3pm

    > > Sunday 13th July
    > > Cycle Skills Taster Session
    > > Whitchurch (Hampshire), Bell Street, 9.45 - 10.45am

    > > Sunday 14th July
    > > Family and Friends Cycle Ride
    > > Whitchurch Bell Street 11.30am, returning for tea at 3.30pm

    > > Saturday 19th July
    > > Doctor Bike
    > > Meet Sir George Young Bt MP, the 'cycling baronet'

    > These days and dates don't fit.
    > Should it be in June, not July?
    > That first Sunday seems to have two consecutive dates, too

    Bah.
    You're right. Must be the sun.
    They are all in June and both the Sunday events _are_ both on the Sunday (13th)
    One follows the other on the same day.

    Correct dates are of course on:

    http://www.hampshirecycletraining.org.uk/

    <slaps head with wet fish>