Bike week

Danny Colyer wrote:
>>> DD brought home a Key Stage 1 cycling worksheet today. One of the
>>> activities is a multi-choice quiz.
>>> Question 1:
>>> When riding a bike what should you always wear on your head?
>>> a) A traffic cone
>>> b) A helmet
>>> c) Swimming goggles

> No organisation appears to claim responsibility. It's not
> professionally printed, it's just come off of a normal office printer.
> I'd guess that it was knocked together by a teacher at the school,

Thanks; hope you're right about the source, so it has a narrow
circulation.

If I ever get a tuit I want to trawl all the 'road safety' websites I
can find to see who is misleading the innocent in this way. I suspect
much of it is coming from organisations that also claim to promote
cycling.

Colin McKenzie

--
No-one has ever proved that cycle helmets make cycling any safer at
the population level, and anyway cycling is about as safe per mile as

On 20/06/2008 20:17, Ian Smith wrote:
>> http://www.redpedals.co.uk/temp/z-oyb1.jpg (side 1, with the quiz)

> Ooh. Couple of tough questions there - where _is_ the chain on that
> bike?

LOL, I hadn't noticed that (hadn't more than glanced at the picture).

DW reckons this has gone out to every KS1-aged child in S Glos.

--
Danny Colyer <http://www.redpedals.co.uk>
"The plural of anecdote is not data" - Frank Kotsonis