Bike without pedals

SirJoe

Mar 8, 2016
There was a concept that was launched some years back but ended up not taking off. Pedaless bikes are by no means a new concept and were quit popular by the turn of the previous century. This concept was on the other hand like nothing that had been launched before.

FLIZ-creative-bicycle-design.jpg

I don't think you have to be genius to realize why it didn't take off. It does look odd.

Reactions: Kakashi
Yeah that looks... terrible. It's not practical, it's not easy to use, looks messy, maybe it's even worse than walking or running. Odd is an understatement.

Reactions: SirJoe
I am not an inventor but that bike with no pedals is just a novelty and nothing more. How does it run, by walking the bike? That would be silly. It would have been beneficial for the rider if the bike is designed like a trolley where you can use your feet to push and you rest on the saddle while the bike is moving. The brakes in the handle bar would be fine and comparing the wheels of a kid's trolley with the bike's wheels, you have a big edge in terms of inertia.

I guess you are using the momentum of your running and then just let it ride which is kind of okay until you have to go up some hill. I think when that happens it is harder than walking up the hill. Too many important issues like where do you put you feet or legs or why it looks like you are in a baby stroller? I don't really know why was this made but I will have to see a video.

I guess you are using the momentum of your running and then just let it ride which is kind of okay until you have to go up some hill. I think when that happens it is harder than walking up the hill. Too many important issues like where do you put you feet or legs or why it looks like you are in a baby stroller? I don't really know why was this made but I will have to see a video.
Wait no longer, feast your eyes on this.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

It still looks very odd.

It sure does look very odd and exhausting to me. In the first two images, I had the feeling that the guy behind the wheels was not enjoying at all. It still looks odd in the video. I feel like the conventional design is still much safer. I'm quiet contented with how my pedaled bike works for me right now. :)

Mmm I don't like it at all. It looks pretty much retarded. Or maybe is me that I just can't tolerate seeing something so unconvencional and silly like this design.

Reactions: gracer
It sure does look very odd and exhausting to me. In the first two images, I had the feeling that the guy behind the wheels was not enjoying at all. It still looks odd in the video. I feel like the conventional design is still much safer. I'm quiet contented with how my pedaled bike works for me right now. :)
Haha he certainly doesn't look happy, I don't know if he is the inventor but if he is he could try and put a smile on his face it would sell better.

Reactions: gracer
So the point of this is?

I thought we got over foot dragging when this thing grew pedals in the early 1800s.
American-Made-Hobby-Horse-16500-LIVE-PIC.jpg

Of course, the new one has (sic) dics breaks.

Haha he certainly doesn't look happy, I don't know if he is the inventor but if he is he could try and put a smile on his face it would sell better.

Lol! I agree 100%. If just in case he's just modeling the bike and he wants to convince people to try it out, he should have at least looked happy using it so people would be convinced. In my case, I wasn't convinced at all. Lol! :D

Ugh! This bike looks so uncomfortable and it also looks unstable... look at him swerving all over the place even where there are no obstacles in his way. It looks like painful back strain could be in his future, and the whole mess just seems so restrictive. Why not have a frame that you sit upon, like a regular bike? He can barely move in that thing, and what about being able to turn his head to look around for traffic, or other people? Weird concept, that's for sure. With a little revision, I would ride it perhaps, but I would not want to wear the thing on my back. Nope.

Here are another bikes without paddles and you can see how these kids are riding and perform stunts on it.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I don't like it. It looks exhausting. And maybe not so safe. I'd have to agree with the others. It's more of a novelty than an actual invention.

The design looks very uncomfortable for me, as well as its purpose for cycling is not good. This isn't a suitable type for rough roads or areas. It also looks like you are the one carrying for the bike.

I don't mean to be rude to the inventor, but I honestly laughed out loud when I first saw this "bike." It certainly is an original concept, to say the least.

That being said, if it wasn't already obvious, I'm not really a fan of the concept. It looks terribly uncomfortable, and I really can't see how this would improve upon the established model for bicycles. I live by an "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" philosophy, and this idea strongly goes against that.

Honestly if I had to use some sort of transportation on two wheels that involves using your legs in a running motion, I'd rather use a scooter. I'll be sticking to my traditional, pedal bicycle for now.

Even if it gets optimized, I still prefer pedaling my bikes, I love working my calves.

Maybe the inventor was just under the influence of alcohol during that time. :) and I think you will get a lot of back pain after an hour of using this bike.

There was a concept that was launched some years back but ended up not taking off. Pedaless bikes are by no means a new concept and were quit popular by the turn of the previous century. This concept was on the other hand like nothing that had been launched before.

FLIZ-creative-bicycle-design.jpg

I don't think you have to be genius to realize why it didn't take off. It does look odd.

I think it's not practical, by the looks of it, it could be used only to free wheel down a slope but I don't really think you can ascend on it and besides, it really looks funny.