Bike worth

bmur37

Aug 29, 2011
I got this bike in 2008/09 (http://www.llbean.com/llb/shop/59572?page=mens-sport-tour-bike) and have been looking to sell it. The thing is I have no clue how much to ask for it. When I bought it, the price was probably around $350 and right now it's still in great shape and getting tuned up.

Also (planning to use cash from above to buy road bike), when checking out bikes from random people, is there anything I should look at or ask for?

It is used and it's a used mtb which brings less money then road bikes, but I would start at $350 and give the LL Bean site on Craigslist so they can see how much it cost, don't tell them you paid $350, don't tell them anything let them assume you paid $499. If you get an offer for $300 counter with $325, always split the offer, if they offer 325 come back with 340 etc, but I think you should be able to get at least $300. You start high and see if you get any bites, if after 2 weeks of advertising you get nothing wait a week then relist the bike for $325 and do the counter offer stuff. Wax it up so everything sparkles, just use good car wax, but don't wax the braking surfaces of the rim or the bike won't stop!! but wax everything else.

What to ask for? You haven't told us what your willing to spend.

What I can't believe is that the original post was done 9 FREAKING YEARS AGO??? Man time just flies by, just think, in a blink of an eye, it will be eternity.

Man time flies.

Hey there! Time definitely does seem to fly, especially when you're passionate about something like road racing. Speaking of which, staying focused on your training regimens and race strategies can help you make the most of that time. Remember to prioritize consistency and specificity in your workouts to maximize performance. Keep pushing and stay motivated! ;)