BikeE E2 sold for $2125 !!!

Well, I believe it sold new for about $2200. And BikeE is out of biz. Go figure.

--
Gator Bob Siegel EasyRacers Ti Rush "Bri" <"Share,D,Computer"@boeing.com> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Wow, is that $2125, a good price for a new BikeE tandem??

I thought it would be a good deal at about $1500 but it zoomed past that in the last minutes of
the auction.

Robert Siegel wrote:

> Well, I believe it sold new for about $2200. And BikeE is out of biz. Go figure.
>
> --
> Gator Bob Siegel EasyRacers Ti Rush "Bri" <"Share,D,Computer"@boeing.com> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > Wow, is that $2125, a good price for a new BikeE tandem??

I felt at $1200 it would have been a good buy (remember, he's adding $100 to ship it). I rode one
and sort of liked it ... my s.o. said the stoker's position was much better for her 5'3" height than
the $4000 Screamer we rode the same day. Plus, it wasn't a hell of a lot slower. Both weigh around
two tons. ;-))

The new EasyRacer-designed tandem around $2000 might be a better choice, though. ER will be around
for a long time.

--
Gator Bob Siegel EasyRacers Ti Rush "Bri" <"Share,D,Computer"@boeing.com> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> I thought it would be a good deal at about $1500 but it zoomed past that in the last minutes of
> the auction.
>

> Robert Siegel wrote:
> >
> > Well, I believe it sold new for about $2200. And BikeE is out of biz.
Go
> > figure.
> >
> > --
> > Gator Bob Siegel EasyRacers Ti Rush "Bri" <"Share,D,Computer"@boeing.com> wrote in message
> > news:[email protected]...
> > > Wow, is that $2125, a good price for a new BikeE tandem??

Wow, I bid it up to $1300 but I never expected it to exceed the price of the new EZ-Tandem. I'd
rather have the EZ but I thought "if I can get this one cheap". Guess not. Craig "Robert Siegel"

In article <[email protected]>, "Share,D,Computer"@boeing.com (Bri) wrote:

> Wow, is that $2125, a good price for a new BikeE tandem??

As it was the only 'bent tandem for lugging around a kid on the back seat ( large 6 year old) in
towns (bike friendly Oxford) with the need to get into or around the back gardens of smallish
English urban semi detached or terrace houses etc. the short wheelbase made it about the only
feasible option.

If I had the dosh to pay that much for something in the UK, I'd probably have had it too.

Wish someone would design a practical urban everyday transport tandem :-(

Would the Barcroft Columbia meet your needs? http://www.barcroftcycles.com/ Its possibly even more
compact than the BikeE E2. Craig