BikeE NX parts

Discussion in 'Recumbent bicycles' started by Gene Cosloy, Feb 13, 2003.

  1. Gene Cosloy

    Gene Cosloy Guest

    The Freehub body on my NX is skipping and needs to be replaced. So far no one seems to be able to
    find the right replacement parts. Does anyone have any advise short of rebuilding the wheel with a
    new hub that will accept a standard shimano free hub body.

    Gene

    Tags:

  2. Rorschandt

    Rorschandt Guest

    [email protected] (Gene Cosloy) wrote in news:[email protected]:

    > The Freehub body on my NX is skipping and needs to be replaced. So far no one seems to be able to
    > find the right replacement parts. Does anyone have any advise short of rebuilding the wheel with a
    > new hub that will accept a standard shimano free hub body.
    >
    > Gene

    What brand is the hub? If it is mainstream like Shimano and the parts aren't available anyway, try
    buying an entire free-hub on closeout, like at PricePoint or SuperGo, Nashbar, etc. If the parts
    aren't useable in your hub (Buying the same brand and model doesn't always ensure this), then you
    have the replacement hub you needed.

    rorschandt

  3. Tom Sherman

    Tom Sherman Guest

    rorschandt wrote:

    > [email protected] (Gene Cosloy) wrote in news:[email protected]:
    >
    > > The Freehub body on my NX is skipping and needs to be replaced. So far no one seems to be able
    > > to find the right replacement parts. Does anyone have any advise short of rebuilding the wheel
    > > with a new hub that will accept a standard shimano free hub body.
    > >
    > > Gene
    > >

    > What brand is the hub? If it is mainstream like Shimano and the parts aren't available anyway, try
    > buying an entire free-hub on closeout, like at PricePoint or SuperGo, Nashbar, etc. If the parts
    > aren't useable in your hub (Buying the same brand and model doesn't always ensure this), then you
    > have the replacement hub you needed.
    >
    > rorschandt

    I believe a BikeE NX would need a disc brake compatible hub, since Hayes hydraulic disc brakes were
    standard equipment on the NX.

    Tom Sherman - Quad Cities USA (Illinois side) Various HPV's