BikeE

Discussion in 'Recumbent bicycles' started by Katerwin, Apr 10, 2003.

  1. Katerwin

    Katerwin Guest

    I would like opinions on the BikeE (CT) for purchase new for a decent price of $369 plus $40
    shipping for a newbie bent rider like myself. I am not for speed, but for leisure and
    fitness. Thanks.

    Tags:

  2. Richard

    Richard Guest

    "Katerwin" <[email protected]> wrote in message > I would like opinions on the BikeE (CT) for
    purchase new for a decent price of
    > $369 plus $40 shipping for a newbie bent rider like myself. I am not for
    speed,
    > but for leisure and fitness. Thanks.

    I have had several models of BikeEs over the years: CT, AT, and RoadE. It was my first bent. I have
    enjoyed riding all of them. They are not the fastest - but the engine ultimately determines this.
    They were reliable. Used decent level components. I really rode them. Fun was the byword. However, I
    could not keep up a decent pace on the bike tours which I like to do (cross-state and cross
    country). I switched to a GoldRush and now have the speed I like. I have found it is about 3-4 mph
    faster than the AT. I still have my AT and ride it sometimes when I want to travel on some
    dirt/gravel roads where my GoldRush fears to travel.

    At $369 it is a pretty good value. But they are no longer manufactured and parts may become harder
    to obtain. But you really shouldn't need any BikeE specific parts. Tires, tubes, chains, wheels,
    SRAM components, etc should be easily obtainable.

    HTH Richard

  3. Thediff

    Thediff Guest

    Katerwin, that's not a bad deal, go for it! I have an AT and a CT they are great bikes for
    commuting, light touring, liesure and exercise. This news group tends to down play BikeEs somewhat
    cause they want speed ... for an opinion from those who ride and Love bikeEs for what they are, look
    at the BikeE List: http://whettens.org/mailman/listinfo/bikee-list or go to the bikeE info pages for
    info, tips and modifications: http://www.simplecom.net/poleary Larry 2bent in Leduc

  4. bentcruiser

    bentcruiser New Member

    Joined:
    Apr 18, 2003
    For your uses, this BikeE will be right up your alley and then some. They are good bikes. I rode mine for three years and thosands of thousands of miles including three state tours.

    Derek