Biker's Dream Mini Foot Pump

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by Colin Blackburn, Mar 9, 2004.

  1. A friend has just pointed out to me that the above pump is
    currently on sale for 9.95 at Lakeland Limited (used to be
    Lakeland Plastics) which is half the price charged in most
    bike shops.

    Colin

  2. Zust Zis Guy

    Zust Zis Guy Guest

    news:eek:[email protected]...

    > A friend has just pointed out to me that the above pump is
    > currently on sale for 9.95 at Lakeland Limited (used to be
    > Lakeland Plastics) which is half the price charged in most
    > bike shops.

    And still twice what it's worth...

    Guy

  3. On Wed, 10 Mar 2004 09:19:44 -0000, Zust zis Guy, you know?
    <[email protected]> wrote: ^ Has the estate of the
    late Douglas Adams finally taken action?

    Colin
    --

  4. Zust Zis Guy

    Zust Zis Guy Guest

    news:eek:[email protected]...

    > On Wed, 10 Mar 2004 09:19:44 -0000, Zust zis Guy, you
    > know? <[email protected]> wrote:

    > Has the estate of the late Douglas Adams finally
    > taken action?

    Sorry, I no unnerstan. The nick? I used it on Adams' own
    website for years!

    --
    Guy
    ===

    88% of helmet statistics are made up, 65% of them at
    Washington University

  5. On Wed, 10 Mar 2004 10:04:24 -0000, Zust zis Guy, you know?
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    > "Colin Blackburn" <[email protected]> wrote in
    > message news:eek:[email protected]...
    >
    >> On Wed, 10 Mar 2004 09:19:44 -0000, Zust zis Guy, you
    >> know? <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    >> Has the estate of the late Douglas Adams finally taken
    >> action?
    >

    > Sorry, I no unnerstan. The nick? I used it on Adams' own
    > website for years!

    Your Just has become Zust.

    Colin
    --

  6. Graeme

    Graeme Guest

    "Zust zis Guy, you know?" <[email protected]> wrote in news:c2mo0s
    [email protected]ws.uni-berlin.de:

    > And still twice what it's worth...

    I thought they were meant to be pretty good? I've read
    plenty of posts by people raving about them.

    Graeme

  7. Just Zis Guy

    Just Zis Guy Guest

    "Graeme" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...

    [of Biker's Dream mini-pumps]
    > > And still twice what it's worth...

    > I thought they were meant to be pretty good? I've read
    > plenty of posts by people raving about them.

    I thought so too until I tried to use it in anger. It's OK
    for pumping up footballs but for anything else, forget it.

    --
    Guy
    ===
    posting. http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk

    88% of helmet statistics are made up, 65% of them at
    Washington University

  8. W K

    W K Guest

    > [email protected]:
    >
    > > And still twice what it's worth...
    > >

    > I thought they were meant to be pretty good? I've read
    > plenty of posts by people raving about them.

    I've had one or two of such things, and they were OKish for
    car tyres, and not too good for anything other than getting
    30 psi into knobblies.

    I now occaisionally pump up the car tyres with my
    "track" pump.

  9. Mark

    Mark Guest

    W K wrote:

    > I now occaisionally pump up the car tyres with my
    > "track" pump.

    I can remember 30 something years ago pumping up my
    grandfathers Ford Consul tyres with what you could call a
    track pump. It was made of brass with a wooden handle.
    --
    Mark

    After thinking long about a signature I've decided not to bother.