Bikers welcome............

Luigi de Guzman <[email protected]> wrote:
:>Is Fab a real person? Are you a pair of gloves and a donut?

: Fab is a real persona, if not a real person.

people used to append to this ..

"and he can kick your ass."

ryan has been derelict in his duty so i'll pick up the slack here.
--
david reuteler [email protected]

On Sat, 28 Feb 2004 10:36:04 -0500, Luigi de Guzman <[email protected]>
wrote:

>>>I was trying to be nice.
>>
>>I'm still picking up the lingo and subtlety around here.
>>
>>Is Fab a real person? Are you a pair of gloves and a donut?
>>

>Fab is a real persona, if not a real person.
>
>Eric leads an AMAZING DOUBLE LIFE as....BANANAMAN!
>
>-Luigi watched too many cartoons as a kid.
>
>>-B

He told me in email he was the Tick! (aka Patrick Warburton)

He said he made the switch b/c he got to wear a cape. I see that, too is an exaggeration.

Wow, I'm impressed. Is he full animation? Or that Clutch Cargo kind of 'toon?

So Luigi, you're really 'DangerMouse'?

-B "This is 29, Acacia Road. And this is Eric, the schoolboy who leads an exciting double life. For
when Eric eats a banana, an amazing transformation occurs. Eric is Bananaman."

On Sat, 28 Feb 2004 17:18:18 GMT, "Claire Petersky"
<[email protected]> wrote:

>"B a r r y" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>news:[email protected]...
>
>> If I were a 5'4", 130 lb. man, things may be different.
>
>That describes my old riding buddy, "Luvs Hills" Lester, except he might have been shorter. Legs
>and lungs of steel -- he could just purr up any slope. He also rode a motorcycle, too -- struck me
>as someone who probably would have done ok with both sets of two-wheeling folks.
>
>It's funny how you don't notice someone's height that much while you're on a bike. I rode with him
>hundreds of miles before I really noticed how short he was. But I tend not to notice those sorts of
>things, anyway.

Chalo is 12'5 on his bike. I saw the .jpg!

-B

On 27 Feb 2004 16:49:02 -0800, [email protected] (Bill Meredith)
wrote:
>In any case I always found a warm welcome, and motor bikers who are somewhat surprise that anyone
>would be fifty miles or so from home on a two wheelers without a large motor somewhere on it.

I rode in the nearly pleasant weather today; as I reached the traffic light at the edge of main
street, I found myself next to a couple harleys. I was afraid to offend by going "Vroom vroom" and
twisting my hand on the handlebar, as described by some here, although they claim the harley riders
enjoy the humor.

The guy, however, took the initiative and said how nice the weather was; I happily agreed and said
"I'm just glad to finally be out here". I proceeded to keep the pace with them all the way through
town -- traffic was somewhat heavy and a bit slow, to match my winter-atrophied legs. Still, I was
amazed at how well I kept up.

An older guy on a bicycle, however, gave me the evil eye. On the way to a bike shop, just after the
motorcycles pulled away from me, I passed him, going significantly faster than him. I was on my fast
bike (nice light aero racing bike), with my young legs, and he was on a MTB-based comfort bike. I
was really jamming, too, high on excitement from keeping up with the automotive traffic for so long.
As a result of going all-out like that, my arms were a bit busy, and my mind a bit distracted, for a
wave or a "nice day" blurted as I flew by.

On the way out, waiting for the non-stop traffic to ease (why so much?), he came tooling along and
really gave me the evil eye. Is what I did _that_ offensive? I passed with plenty of room.
--
Rick Onanian

>On the way out, waiting for the non-stop traffic to ease (why so much?), he came tooling along and
>really gave me the evil eye. Is what I did _that_ offensive? I passed with plenty of room.

As long as you passed on the left he shouldn't have a problem.

If you passed on the right you should be taken out and shot.

(USA rules)

the Texas Elvis"------------------

Badger_South wrote:
> On Sat, 28 Feb 2004 17:18:18 GMT, "Claire Petersky" <[email protected]> wrote:
>

>>"B a r r y" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>>news:[email protected]...
>>

>>> If I were a 5'4", 130 lb. man, things may be different.
>>
>>That describes my old riding buddy, "Luvs Hills" Lester, except he might have been shorter. Legs
>>and lungs of steel -- he could just purr up any slope. He also rode a motorcycle, too -- struck me
>>as someone who probably would have done ok with both sets of two-wheeling folks.
>>
>>It's funny how you don't notice someone's height that much while you're on a bike. I rode with him
>>hundreds of miles before I really noticed how short he was. But I tend not to notice those sorts
>>of things, anyway.
>

> Chalo is 12'5 on his bike. I saw the .jpg!

Was that vertical or horizontal?

--
Apologies to those easily confused. Address is spam-resistant. Correct email address like pdlamb 'round-
about comcast point net.

On Sat, 28 Feb 2004 17:51:32 -0600, Patrick Lamb <[email protected]>
wrote:

>Badger_South wrote:
>> On Sat, 28 Feb 2004 17:18:18 GMT, "Claire Petersky" <[email protected]> wrote:
>>

>>>"B a r r y" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>>>news:[email protected]...

>>>That describes my old riding buddy, "Luvs Hills" Lester, except he might have been shorter. Legs
>>>and lungs of steel -- he could just purr up any slope. He also rode a motorcycle, too -- struck
>>>me as someone who probably would have done ok with both sets of two-wheeling folks.
>>>
>>>It's funny how you don't notice someone's height that much while you're on a bike. I rode with
>>>him hundreds of miles before I really noticed how short he was. But I tend not to notice those
>>>sorts of things, anyway.
>>

>> Chalo is 12'5 on his bike. I saw the .jpg!
>
>Was that vertical or horizontal?

Depends on if he's glad to see you!

-B Size doesn't matter, it's angular momentum.

Rick Onanian <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...

> An older guy on a bicycle, however, gave me the evil eye. On the way to a bike shop, just after
> the motorcycles pulled away from me, I passed him, going significantly faster than him. I was on
> my fast bike (nice light aero racing bike), with my young legs, and he was on a MTB-based comfort
> bike. I was really jamming, too, high on excitement from keeping up with the automotive traffic
> for so long. As a result of going all-out like that, my arms were a bit busy, and my mind a bit
> distracted, for a wave or a "nice day" blurted as I flew by.
>
> On the way out, waiting for the non-stop traffic to ease (why so much?), he came tooling along and
> really gave me the evil eye. Is what I did _that_ offensive? I passed with plenty of room.

You can't please all the people all the time (why should you?) and mind reading is just too
difficult! I'm enjoying the weather too. I think spring is here. If not, at least winter's back is
broken. Best regards, Bernie

There is a popular motorcycle spot, "The Rock Store" on an equally popular motorcycle road,
Mulholland Hwy, in NW El Lay County. Many times, local bicycle clubs also take this hwy. As The Rock
Store is the only rest stop on it's 50 mile length, it is a popular stop for us as well.

Their is never any friction between the two brands of cyclists. Rather, there is a sort of
camaraderie, bourne, I'm sure, of the freedom of the open road, by two almost equally
repressed groups.

I always treat motercyclists on the road as distant brethren, as they do
me.

"May you have the wind at your back. And a really low gear for the hills!"

Chris'Z Corner http://www.geocities.com/czcorner

Sat, 28 Feb 2004 19:10:49 -0500, <[email protected]>,
Eric S. Sande" <[email protected]> wrote:

>>On the way out, waiting for the non-stop traffic to ease (why so much?), he came tooling along and
>>really gave me the evil eye. Is what I did _that_ offensive? I passed with plenty of room.
>
>As long as you passed on the left he shouldn't have a problem.
>
>If you passed on the right you should be taken out and shot.
>
>(USA rules)

I've a nagging suspicion that some exemplary automobilist was trying to pass me on the right
last evening.

I approached the stop sign in my usual position for the intersection. A white GM 4 door scud pulled
up on my right looking impatient. That's normal because they can't see approaching traffic from
behind the stop line.

I could see a break coming and he wasn't getting ready so that's when I figured he wasn't going to
be turning. Okay, let's see your stupid scud trick. As the northbound lanes were clearing of
stragglers, there were still a few scattered southbound sloths coming. I scooted between two giving
fartknob plenty of time behind the third one. I started moving right while crossing the
intersection. Dufus is coming too so I keep accelerating. Okay, maybe he's turning at the gas
station drive? Nope, he's dropping behind. Good, there's parked cars ahead and cars approaching. I
slotted back to cruise cadence after clearing the intersection. He's been behind me maybe a whole
nine seconds now and all the while revving his engine and riding my wheel.

As soon as he's got room to pass, he hits the pedal. The scud lurched just after I'd spit. He
swerved wider. I got about a meter.

It was dark so I'm not sure what he waved but he eventually sputtered something out the window he
partially rolled down for that purpose.

They're not out to get you
- they haven't a clue what they're doin' out there.
--
zk

In article <[email protected]>,
Zoot Katz <[email protected]> writes:

> He's been behind me maybe a whole nine seconds now and all the while revving his engine and riding
> my wheel.

I like racing with 'em when I know there's a speed bump coming up, and they don't. It's kinda like
steelhead fishing, only you're the fish and they're the idiot.

Tailgaters are prime candidates for a good mooning, but you've gotta be ready to beat the Irish outa
them, too. Or scram when they can beat the Irish outa you.

cheers, Tom