Bikers welcome............

On Mon, 01 Mar 2004 10:55:35 -0500, Rick Onanian <[email protected]>
wrote:

>Have you been hanging around with Carl Fogel over on rec.bicycles.tech or something?

Nope. That just happened to be my favourite anecdote ever aboud duelling.

-Luigi www.livejournal.com/users/ouij Photos, Rants, Raves

On Sat, 28 Feb 2004 19:10:49 -0500, "Eric S. Sande" <[email protected]> wrote:
>As long as you passed on the left he shouldn't have a problem. If you passed on the right you
>should be taken out and shot.

I passed on the left, leaving him ample room. Maybe he was just a jerk.
--
Rick Onanian

Luigi de Guzman <[email protected]> wrote:
> On Mon, 01 Mar 2004 10:55:35 -0500, Rick Onanian <[email protected]> wrote:

>>Have you been hanging around with Carl Fogel over on rec.bicycles.tech or something?

> Nope. That just happened to be my favourite anecdote ever aboud duelling.

My current favorite (fictional) one is from the book 1632.

***

He bestowed a look of approval on Tom and Heinrich. "Splendid pieces!" His eyes then moved to the
very attractive American woman standing at their side. A similar thought crossed his mind, but he
left it unspoken. Lennart Torstensson had already come to the same conclusion as Tom Simpson's own
mates. Not a good idea, irritating a man who could probably lift one of those marvelous cannons.

An idle question came. He leaned over and murmured to Tom: "I'm curious. What would be your weapon
of choice? In a duel, I mean."

The very attractive woman's husband replied instantly.

"Ten-pound sledgehammers."

Not a good idea.

***

--
Dane Jackson - z u v e m b i @ u n i x b i g o t s . o r g We should have a Vollyballocracy. We
elect a six-pack of presidents. Each one serves until they screw up, at which point they rotate. --

>Of course you never emailed me. I don't know you from squat, but thought we were funnin' around.

I'll accept that. However you should know that email is traceable, and I post under my real name.

A concept you may not have got. It's all very well to kid around, and I don't care whether you think
I'm Bananaman or the Tick.

You can accuse me of crimes against humanity and being a Republican, but you can't make verifiably
untrue statements without getting me mad.

Lose that attitude and you'll find that I am perfectly amenable to polite discourse.

If you can prove my involvement in any recent international crimes I invite you to do so, in the
meantime I hope that we will have a productive relationship.

the Texas Elvis"------------------

On Tue, 02 Mar 2004 00:35:03 -0500, "Eric S. Sande"
<[email protected]> wrote:
>You can accuse me of crimes against humanity and being a Republican,

Always dropping the political inflammation in there, eh? Hoping to trigger somebody to defend
something...let's have MORE non-bike discussion! Yay!

>but you can't make verifiably untrue statements without getting me mad.
>
>Lose that attitude and you'll find that I am perfectly amenable to polite discourse.
>
>If you can prove my involvement in any recent international crimes I invite you to do so, in the
>meantime I hope that we will have a productive relationship.

Am I missing something here? Either, humor, or something offensive, maybe?

It appeared to me that Badger was making a small joke, accusing Eric of [gasp!] being a cartoon
character: :He told me in email he was the Tick! (aka Patrick Warburton) :He said he made the switch
b/c he got to wear a cape. I see that, too is an :exaggeration. :Wow, I'm impressed. Is he full
animation? Or that Clutch Cargo kind of
:'toon?

In fact, looking further back in the thread, it's not entirely clear who was being called a cartoon
character; it looked almost like Fabrizio was the character in question:
>>Fab is a real persona, if not a real person.
came just before "He told me in email..."

So, what did I miss? Is this all a big joke to make people like me think that Eric is about to seek
out Badger for a fight to the death, or did somebody say something _offensive_ somewhere?
--
Rick Onanian

On Tue, 02 Mar 2004 07:25:51 -0500, Rick Onanian <[email protected]> wrote:

>In fact, looking further back in the thread, it's not entirely clear who was being called a cartoon
>character; it looked almost like Fabrizio was the character in question:

>>>Fab is a real persona, if not a real person came just before "He told me in email..."

>So, what did I miss? Is this all a big joke to make people like me think that Eric is about to seek
>out Badger for a fight to the death, or did somebody say something _offensive_ somewhere?

It's ok. I was probably goofin off of Luigi's comment that he was Bananaman. I thought that was the
entrez into the 'cartoon' themery.

But I apologize to Eric, sincerely. Let's hope he pops back and forgives
me. 'Twas truly a joking around with Luigi, actually.

I'm in awe of your biking ability and your messenger background.

-B

On Tue, 02 Mar 2004 08:44:31 -0500, Badger_South <[email protected]>
wrote:

>On Tue, 02 Mar 2004 07:25:51 -0500, Rick Onanian <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>>In fact, looking further back in the thread, it's not entirely clear who was being called a
>>cartoon character; it looked almost like Fabrizio was the character in question:

>>So, what did I miss? Is this all a big joke to make people like me think that Eric is about to
>>seek out Badger for a fight to the death, or did somebody say something _offensive_ somewhere?
>
>It's ok. I was probably goofin off of Luigi's comment that he was Bananaman. I thought that was the
>entrez into the 'cartoon' themery.
>
>But I apologize to Eric, sincerely. Let's hope he pops back and forgives
>me. 'Twas truly a joking around with Luigi, actually.

This was all actually my fault, with the Bananaman thing.

And I actually have gotten e-mail from Eric. He was nice enough to show me, a long time ago, how to
do up my footstraps. He's a fine fellow. And definiteliy *not* the Tick.

-Luigi actually, I resemble Too Much Coffee Man, but that's a different story

>>So, what did I miss? Is this all a big joke to make people like me think that Eric is about to
>>seek out Badger for a fight to the death, or did somebody say something _offensive_ somewhere?

>But I apologize to Eric, sincerely. Let's hope he pops back and forgives me. 'Twas truly a joking
>around with Luigi, actually.

Ah, but you see, Badger, you did the worst possible thing.

I would have thought it obvious.

You Ticked me off.

And a pun is ALWAYS a crime against humanity.

I promise to make this up to you, really.

the Texas Elvis"------------------