Bikes and beer.

The City where I live has a 30 mile pub ride that features 4 or 5 pubs along the route, I avoid it all cost, these morons are drunk after they leave the first pub and still have 3 or 4 more to go to, and by the time they get to the last pub the herd had thinned because they're too drunk to continue or crashed their bikes into others. Not only do I avoid that ride event, I stay out of town altogether!!

Reactions: Bicycleman
We get parking tickets here, in fact in some large cities it's a racket! In Los Angeles for example during the work hours certain streets open up a lane on each side of the road for cars to park, then a huge fleet of ticket buggies wait for 5 pm and then they go as fast as they can, writing tickets on the run and slapping them on windshields of cars even with if the owners are at their car trying to leave!

I was in San Diego, five years ago, and a lady got a parking ticket at our hotel for parking in the handicapped zone. Only she never parked in the handicapped zone, but her front wheel was touching the line of the handicapped zone. Go figure. If you're an out of towner, you're not going to fight it, because you would have to come back during the court date. The cops have a racket there.

Ohio, Michigan, and I'm sure other states as well, single out motorists from other states because like Bicycleman said, they want come back to fight the ticket. Huge racket.

Ohio, Michigan, and I'm sure other states as well, single out motorists from other states because like Bicycleman said, they want come back to fight the ticket. Huge racket.

It pays to be driving a rental car, but I never did park up front at the hotel, only in the center of the lot. Then again, we always got back later from our work site and had to pick what was available, and there was never a place by the door.

The City where I live has a 30 mile pub ride that features 4 or 5 pubs along the route, I avoid it all cost, these morons are drunk after they leave the first pub and still have 3 or 4 more to go to, and by the time they get to the last pub the herd had thinned because they're too drunk to continue or crashed their bikes into others. Not only do I avoid that ride event, I stay out of town altogether!!
Smart thinking!

It's a simple analogy in my opinion, so look. Most sportsmen can be classified as real men, right? And beer is advertised as a drink for real men. So it's obvious that cyclists drink beer, haha. All joking aside, cyclists or men who do physical activities usually feel the need to wind down a bit, and what better way to do that than with a cold beer with your friends and a chit-chat? Beer is not that alcoholic as well, and it stops thirst better than most alcoholic drinks, so there you go!

Beer is not that alcoholic? I'll be sure to tell that to those alcoholics I see that drink nothing but beer 24/7, or to those drunk drivers that got plastered on beer, or those cyclists I was referring to earlier on the TDF...Tour of Drunks in Fort Wayne.

It is dangerous to drink and ride your bike especially if you are riding near a car pathway. But if you are in the middle of nowhere and there are no cars in sight, go ahead.

Ever heard of Radlers? It's a German beverage which is beer mixed with lemonade, similar to a shandy.
Legend has a a group of thirsty cyclists came to an establishment in Germany that was getting low on beer.
Of course the riders would be ordering a lot of beer (who the hell drinks anything else after a ride) and the proprietor mixed the two up so that the supplies would outlast the groups thirst and a new drink was born!
It's actually seeing a bit of a come back, in North America anyhow.

My buddies love to ride and they also love to drink beer. The thing is we do not mix one with the other. If we ride we do not consume beer even after we are done. I guess it is all up to you guys on how you handle the two together.

I'm not much of a beer drinker, I only drink the stuff under certain social situations. I can't go passed two beer bottles in one evening, not that it makes me drunk but it's just too much for my taste buds. Nevertheless, there are a lot of good microbreweries popping up all over the place.

I like my beer and I like to ride but never mixed the two. I don't what the out come would be if I did.

Two things that I really like. I love bikes more of course but some beers in my backpack and my bike are a perfect combination for a hot day. I like to go in the Spa of Niš and have some beer. It is actually located within the borders of my town and it is quite beautiful. One of those places that can give you peace after a hard day. It is on the nearby hill so cycling is challenging and the beer is just the thing you need when you get up there.
http://www.smestajristic.com/galerija/Nove velike slike/Niska Banja Park 12.JPG
This one part of the Spa.

Never drink and drive, that may be the stupidest thing you can do and can get you killed in a heart beat. I remember one of my dad's friends drinking and he wasn't even riding a bike. He walked off of the side walk, got mowed by an 18 wheeler and was deboddied all over the place. Not good for the street cleaners.

Two things that I really like. I love bikes more of course but some beers in my backpack and my bike are a perfect combination for a hot day. I like to go in the Spa of Niš and have some beer. It is actually located within the borders of my town and it is quite beautiful. One of those places that can give you peace after a hard day. It is on the nearby hill so cycling is challenging and the beer is just the thing you need when you get up there.
http://www.smestajristic.com/galerija/Nove velike slike/Niska Banja Park 12.JPG
This one part of the Spa.
That place looks great, I'm a amateur photographer, all I can say is that I would have a field day right there.

That place looks great, I'm a amateur photographer, all I can say is that I would have a field day right there.
It really is a great place and what is the greatest thing about it is that it is not far away from the city. It actually is on the very rim of my town and from the main square of Niš by car you can get there in 15 minutes with traffic. My friends an me, we often go with our bicycles to do what the people in pictures do. It is natural warm water and it has a spring there so they made canals for all of us to use it. I believe that the hill is a inactive volcano hence the warm water. From my home I ride my bike 20 minutes to get there.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Reactions: SirJoe
I have in the past had very bad experience with bikes and beer that I wouldn't want to elaborate here. Suffice it to say I don't handle liquor very well. Most of my friends however enjoy the lifestyle and often carry a cooler when riding in the countryside.

Bikes and beers connected? I do not think so, Alcohol has always been bad when it comes to working out or exercising, it should not be considered good in this case, where did you hear that ?