Bikes and phones.

Halcyon

Guest
Got up early for a ride last Saturday and had a look at the rain radar
which showed rain coming, but not too heavy and being warm, decided to
go out.
Quick nibble, shove the mobile in the jersey pocket and off I go for 2
hours. Well the rain did come and I did get wet...that was OK, but I'd
forgotten about the damn phone in the pocket which got wet enough. The
phone never stopped working, but the screen has gone and does not look
like working again.
The older mobiles you could drop in water and they would come good, but
the newer ones with the fancy screens are **** weak. Be careful!
Halcyon

zip lock sandwich bags = winnarrr!!!

This post was brought to you by GLAD® Sandwich Bags http://tinyurl.com/nvo5a

(now can they send me some free product?)

lama

gplama wrote:
> zip lock sandwich bags = winnarrr!!!
>
> This post was brought to you by GLAD® Sandwich Bags
> http://tinyurl.com/nvo5a
>
> (now can they send me some free product?)
>

> lama

Took me about 5 secs. to think of that after I realised the damage, but
thanks for the thought anyway.
Halcyon

On Feb 27, 8:15 pm, gplama <gplama.2mn...@no-
mx.forums.cyclingforums.com> wrote:
> zip lock sandwich bags = winnarrr!!!
>
> This post was brought to you by GLAD® Sandwich Bagshttp://tinyurl.com/nvo5a
>
> (now can they send me some free product?)

You got free ones on the w'end already!

If the phone's insured, just tell the insurance company that you
'accidentally' dropped the phone in the soap bucket while washing your
car. Legend has it that they believe that story.

Perhaps to give it more credence, you should actually perform this
act... :)

On Feb 28, 9:23 am, "Bugbear" <[email protected]> wrote:
> If the phone's insured, just tell the insurance company that you
> 'accidentally' dropped the phone in the soap bucket while washing your
> car. Legend has it that they believe that story.
>
> Perhaps to give it more credence, you should actually perform this
> act... :)

.... washing the bike, not the car! Philistine!

Bugbear wrote:
> If the phone's insured, just tell the insurance company that you
> 'accidentally' dropped the phone in the soap bucket while washing your
> car. Legend has it that they believe that story.
>
> Perhaps to give it more credence, you should actually perform this
> act... :)

They believe anything and don't usually argue. My son had a phone that was
giving him endless trouble with drop-outs so he put it under the wheel of
his Jeep and dropped the clutch. Gave them the (now delaminated) phone and
they gave him a new one.

Theo

In aus.bicycle on Wed, 28 Feb 2007 09:30:16 +0900
Theo Bekkers <[email protected]> wrote:
> Bugbear wrote:
>> If the phone's insured, just tell the insurance company that you
>> 'accidentally' dropped the phone in the soap bucket while washing your
>> car. Legend has it that they believe that story.
>>
>> Perhaps to give it more credence, you should actually perform this
>> act... :)

> They believe anything and don't usually argue. My son had a phone that was
> giving him endless trouble with drop-outs so he put it under the wheel of
> his Jeep and dropped the clutch. Gave them the (now delaminated) phone and
> they gave him a new one.

Just check the insurance covers it. My contents insurance specifically
doesn't cover mobiles outside the house.

So I guess they'd have to be run over by the vacuum cleaner.

Zebee

Zebee Johnstone wrote:
> Theo Bekkers wrote:

>> They believe anything and don't usually argue. My son had a phone
>> that was giving him endless trouble with drop-outs so he put it
>> under the wheel of his Jeep and dropped the clutch. Gave them the
>> (now delaminated) phone and they gave him a new one.

> Just check the insurance covers it. My contents insurance specifically
> doesn't cover mobiles outside the house.
>
> So I guess they'd have to be run over by the vacuum cleaner.

Ahh, but his insurance was for the phone, not house contents.

Theo

On Feb 28, 8:34 am, "Donga" <[email protected]> wrote:
> On Feb 28, 9:23 am, "Bugbear" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> > If the phone's insured, just tell the insurance company that you
> > 'accidentally' dropped the phone in the soap bucket while washing your
> > car. Legend has it that they believe that story.

> > Perhaps to give it more credence, you should actually perform this
> > act... :)

> ... washing the bike, not the car! Philistine!

But I don't think even I'd believe that someone would be precariously
balancing their phone on the bike seat while washing it...

On Feb 28, 1:29 pm, "Theo Bekkers" <[email protected]> wrote:
> Zebee Johnstone wrote:
> > Theo Bekkers wrote:
> >> They believe anything and don't usually argue. My son had a phone
> >> that was giving him endless trouble with drop-outs so he put it
> >> under the wheel of his Jeep and dropped the clutch. Gave them the
> >> (now delaminated) phone and they gave him a new one.

> > Just check the insurance covers it. My contents insurance specifically
> > doesn't cover mobiles outside the house.

> > So I guess they'd have to be run over by the vacuum cleaner.

> Ahh, but his insurance was for the phone, not house contents.
>
> Theo

Where do I get this insurance that covers me for my own fraud?

PiledHigher wrote:
> "Theo Bekkers" wrote:

>> Ahh, but his insurance was for the phone, not house contents.

> Where do I get this insurance that covers me for my own fraud?

From the company that sold you the phone. They don't care as they sell you a
phone for $600, the insurance on the handset for $20, and they probably paid
$10 for the handset.

Theo

PiledHigher said:
Where do I get this insurance that covers me for my own fraud?
Indeed. Its all well and good to make jokes about hilarious circumstances where phones are damaged and then invent stories about how to make the loss fall into an insured class of risk. But its nothing short of pathetic to read actual tales of dishonest a**holes fraudulently claiming under insurance policies to compensate them for their own misfortune / stupidity. **sigh**

PiledHigher said:
On Feb 28, 1:29 pm, "Theo Bekkers" <[email protected]> wrote:
> Zebee Johnstone wrote:
> > Theo Bekkers wrote:
> >> They believe anything and don't usually argue. My son had a phone
> >> that was giving him endless trouble with drop-outs so he put it
> >> under the wheel of his Jeep and dropped the clutch. Gave them the
> >> (now delaminated) phone and they gave him a new one.

> > Just check the insurance covers it. My contents insurance specifically
> > doesn't cover mobiles outside the house.

> > So I guess they'd have to be run over by the vacuum cleaner.

> Ahh, but his insurance was for the phone, not house contents.
>
> Theo

Where do I get this insurance that covers me for my own fraud?
Yeah, interesting that this thread is running concurrently ...

On Feb 28, 3:46 pm, monsterman <monsterman.2mp...@no-
mx.forums.cyclingforums.com> wrote:
> Theo Bekkers Wrote:> They believe anything and don't usually argue. My son had a phone that
> > was
> > giving him endless trouble with drop-outs so he put it under the wheel
> > of
> > his Jeep and dropped the clutch. Gave them the (now delaminated) phone
> > and
> > they gave him a new one.

> > Theo

> You must feel so proud
>
> --
> monsterman

Anyone have any ideas to rip off 'Western Australia's premier IT
serive provider'?

Apparently business are fair game to be ripped off!