Bikes For Sale (Sydney)

StankApe

Aug 10, 2006
Am thinking to sell my scoots for something else and thought I might post here first before exploring other avenues.
I've got a 07 Kona Jake the snake, 56 cm, with midge bars, BR550 canti brakes, SI saddle, amoeba CF skinned seatpost, running Crossmax tyres..I've got the original EA30 bars/stem/seatpost and the stock Locust tyres as spares as well...eggbeater pedals...commuting use only...looking for around $1600.
Other is a recently refreshed Gary Fisher Hoo Koo E Koo...I was running this as a single speed, then built it back up as a geared bike...SRAM shifters, cluster, chain, deraillers (X7/X9 mix), XT crankset, cartridge pads, Sun Black Eye wheelset, eggbeaters...the frame got a respray at a local panelbeaters, not the best job in the world (a run on the headset for example, now covered by a Ramones sticker...Hey Ho, let's go!) but at least the double butted frame is preserved. Have the rigid fork I bought the bike with and currently installed some manitou springy thingy. Build is one ride (oaks firetrail) old...bike is large size I guess...looking for $800
This is a pretty loose post really to guage interest...can email pics and go thru specifics as desired :)
Will consider trades on a Kona Dr Dew, 56 cm.
Thanks for looking,
David

A good place to post your bike for sale is in the forums at www.farkin.net in the for sale section. Its the biggest classifieds for bikes that i've seen for an Australian based interent site.

Thanks :) I respectfully applied for permission to post in farkin's "for sale" section about 10 days ago, no reply. Kind of rude I thought. I had posted a couple of times on the forum previously but no real presence due to being a MTB noob.

Will leave em hangin here for a bit, maybe someone knows someone looking for either bike, then I guess it's off to ebay or trading post or something.

Woop! Turns out my farkin trading access was approved after all, thanks for the nudge in that direction :cool:

Hmmm... I'm keen on the Jake the Snake, but it's prolly too big for me, how tall are you btw?

Any chance you'd ship to Perth? :)

I can find out about shipping if you'd like...not today but, 14 hour shift coming up :(

I'm 185 cm but must have stubby legs...I did the book in the crotch measurement to figure sizing as this was an ordered in bike (rather than bought off the shop floor)...I think based on height alone the norm would be something larger :confused:

Anyways, I still haven't posted elsewhere (slackness in getting pics taken and posted), so feel free to email if you have any questions :)