bikes in europe

Status
Not open for further replies.
V

Vicintini

I am going to europe for my spring break and I was wondering how much trouble it would be to lug my
bike around on the transfer from amsterdam to florence on the train. I would really like to ride
once in italy, but I'm kinda worried about my bike being pilfered. Also, anyone now anything about
the 2003 paris nice? i can;t find the'03 website, just the '02.

thanks,

RObert

>I am going to europe for my spring break and I was wondering how much trouble it would be to lug my
>bike around on the transfer from amsterdam to florence on the train. I would really like to ride
>once in italy, but I'm kinda worried about my bike being pilfered. Also, anyone now anything about
>the 2003 paris nice? i can;t find the'03 website, just the '02.
>
>thanks,
>
>RObert

Dear Robert,

Hauling your bike from Amsterdam to Florence shouldn't be that bad. Are you going to be stopping in
France to cycle there (advised). Not knowing what your plans are it is a bit tough to comment on
exactly what you should look out for while traveling by train.

Re. the Paris-Nice - Wonderful race by the way which does not get enough coverage in the US, in my
opinion (along with Paris-Roubaix) - what do you want to know? Here is some information :

Prologue Sunday March 9th - Issy-les-Moulineaux (ici les moules - inside joke) Indi T.T. - 4.8km

Stage 1 Monday March 10th Auxerre - Parray le Monial 191km

Stage 2 Tuesday March 11th La Clayette - Saint Etienne
182.5 km

Stage 3 Wednesday March 12th Le Puy en Velay - Pont du gard
183.5 km

Stage 4 Thursday March 13th Source Perrier
184.5km

Stage 5 Friday March 14th Aix-en-Provence - Toulon
185.5km

Stage 6 Saturday March 15th Toulon - Cannes
186.5km

Stage 7 - Arrival Sunday March 16th Nice - Nice 160km (5 "cols" to climb!)

Let me know if you need more info.

- Chris - http://www.customgetaways.com Sport Vacations (Multisport, Cycling,
Marathons, etc...)

Status
Not open for further replies.