Bikes in Taxis

Peter Clinch <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> Vincent Wilcox wrote:
>
> > Does anyone know where I can get St George Lycras?
>
> Try http://www.foska.com/ (also other home nations,
> Ireland, US, NZ, Oz, South Africa and Jamaica, plus some
> rather Top (tm) Dennis the Menace numbers and a nifty
> Marmite one.)
>
> Pete.

Just seen some in stock at Wimbledon Action bikes

In message <[email protected]>,
"[Not Responding]" <[email protected]> writes
>I'm off to pick up my new bike this afternoon (by taxi).
>I've heard that a bike should fit in a London style taxi.
>Can anyone confirm this and, if true, is any degree of
>dismantling necessary?

Yes, and no.

(and it's even easier with a Brompton).

--
congokid Good restaurants in London? Number one on Google
http://congokid.com

In message <[email protected]>, Tony Raven <junk@raven-
family.com> writes
>MartinM wrote:
>>
>> ISTR it is a legal requirement for taxis in Denmark to
>> carry bike racks
>
>So the answer is to summon a taxi over from Denmark rather
>than use a London cab?

Just don't try to smuggle any Carlsberg beer in it.

--

MartinM wrote:

> ISTR it is a legal requirement for taxis in Denmark to
> carry bike racks

So the answer is to summon a taxi over from Denmark rather
than use a London cab?

Tony

mae <[email protected]> wedi ysgrifennu:
> MartinM wrote:
>>
>> ISTR it is a legal requirement for taxis in Denmark to
>> carry bike racks
>
> So the answer is to summon a taxi over from Denmark rather
> than use a London cab?

Nah, I'm not going sahff of Schleswig-Holstein. Especially
at this time of night...

--
Rob

Please keep conversations in the newsgroup so that all may
contribute and benefit.

MartinM wrote:
> Peter Clinch <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:<[email protected]>...
>
>>Vincent Wilcox wrote:
>>

>>>Does anyone know where I can get St George Lycras?
>>
>>Try http://www.foska.com/ (also other home nations,
>>Ireland, US, NZ, Oz, South Africa and Jamaica, plus some
>>rather Top (tm) Dennis the Menace numbers and a nifty
>>Marmite one.)
>>
>>Pete.
>

> Just seen some in stock at Wimbledon Action bikes

Oh the humanity!

congokid <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> In message <[email protected]>, Tony Raven <junk@raven-
> family.com> writes
> >MartinM wrote:
> >>
> >> ISTR it is a legal requirement for taxis in Denmark to
> >> carry bike racks
> >
> >So the answer is to summon a taxi over from Denmark
> >rather than use a London cab?
>
> Just don't try to smuggle any Carlsberg beer in it.

What from Northampton? BTW my wife went on the brewery tour
when at college there, they chose Northampton as their UK
ersaztbierkeggery because the water had the same "balance"
as Kobenhaven (presumably pH7)

congokid wrote:
> In message
> <[email protected]>, "[Not
> Responding]" <[email protected]> writes
>> I'm off to pick up my new bike this afternoon (by taxi).
>> I've heard that a bike should fit in a London style taxi.
>> Can anyone confirm this and, if true, is any degree of
>> dismantling necessary?
> Yes, and no.
>
> (and it's even easier with a Brompton).

Is it practical to bungy a Brompton to the rack on an
ordinary bike?

The rack is strong enough - it's more a matter of size.

Colin McKenzie

--
The great advantage of not trusting statistics is that it
leaves you free to believe the damned lies instead!