Bike's on trailer

Status

Ian Nicoll

Guest
I am looking for a way of easily carrying five bikes on a Ford Galaxy. I'm not keen on having two on
the top and three of the back because the height of the vehicle makes it very difficult to get a
bike on top.

Are any simple/low cost trailers available for carrying five bike? Or is there anything else I
can consider.

Thanks

Ian

Smudger

Guest
"ian nicoll" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> I am looking for a way of easily carrying five bikes on a Ford Galaxy. I'm not keen on having two
> on the top and three of the back because the height of the vehicle makes it very difficult to get
> a bike on top.
>
> Are any simple/low cost trailers available for carrying five bike? Or is there anything else I can
> consider.
>
> Thanks
>
> Ian

One of my cycling mates put San Remo roof rack bike carriers on the lid of his trailer. He could fit
four bikes on top of that and then a few more in the trailer.

Huw Pritchard

Guest
On Wed, 26 Mar 2003 17:17:47 +0000, ian nicoll did issue forth:

> I am looking for a way of easily carrying five bikes on a Ford Galaxy. I'm not keen on having two
> on the top and three of the back because the height of the vehicle makes it very difficult to get
> a bike on top.
>
> Are any simple/low cost trailers available for carrying five bike? Or is there anything else I can
> consider.

My local Halfords stocks dedicated bike trailers. I think they're made by Pendle, cost about £600
and hold six bikes.

Richard Bates

Guest
On Wed, 26 Mar 2003 17:17:47 +0000 (UTC), "ian nicoll" <[email protected]> in
<[email protected]> wrote:

>Are any simple/low cost trailers available for carrying five bike? Or is there anything else I can
>consider.

We bolted some angle-iron on to the sides of the trailer, and put the bikes in upsidedown: luggage
racks resting on the rear/front of the trailer, handlebars sitting on the trailer floor. Front
wheels were removed.

Then we passed two poles across the trailer, through the bike frames and strapped them securely.

Then the horizontal poles were bolted to the angle-iron.

We got four bikes in this way. 5 might be possible but I've never needed to try.

Love and hugs from Rich xx

--
Two fish suddenly swim into a brick wall. Damn! To reply put only the word "richard" before
the @ sign

Status
Not open for further replies.