Bikes & Public Transit

Mr.G.B.

Guest
Have you ever taken your bike on a bus or subway train, and lost
control of it.
Ever had it roll or fall because of the vehicles movement. I have a
solution for this.
Email me for details.
With BIKES & PUBLIC TRANSIT in the subject

In article <[email protected]>,
[email protected] (Mr.G.B.) wrote:

> Have you ever taken your bike on a bus or subway train, and lost
> control of it.
> Ever had it roll or fall because of the vehicles movement. I have a
> solution for this.
> Email me for details.
> With BIKES & PUBLIC TRANSIT in the subject

Does your solution involve holding onto the darned bike?

Vancouver has allowed bikes on our rapid-transit system (Skytrain) for
about a year now, and I have used it several times. The obvious solution
to this non-problem is to carry a couple of small straps or ties, and
tie the front wheel to the downtube and the bike to a hand-hold pole.

--
Ryan Cousineau, [email protected] http://www.sfu.ca/~rcousine/wiredcola/
President, Fabrizio Mazzoleni Fan Club

In article <[email protected]>,
Ryan Cousineau <[email protected]> writes:

> Vancouver has allowed bikes on our rapid-transit system (Skytrain) for
> about a year now, and I have used it several times. The obvious solution
> to this non-problem is to carry a couple of small straps or ties, and
> tie the front wheel to the downtube and the bike to a hand-hold pole.

Toeclip straps would be secure enough, and would have built-in
'quick release' functionality.

cheers,
Tom