Bikes & Public Transit

Mr.G.B.

Guest
Have you ever taken your bike on a bus or subway train, and
lost control of it. Ever had it roll or fall because of the
vehicles movement. I have a solution for this. Email me for
details. With BIKES & PUBLIC TRANSIT in the subject

> Have you ever taken your bike on a bus or subway train,
> and lost control of it. Ever had it roll or fall because
> of the vehicles movement. I have a solution for this.
> Email me for details.

=v= Seeing as how the details couldn't be posted here (for
free), I suspect this is a variety of spam.

=v= Here are several free solutions to such a problem:

o Secure the bike to a nearby pole or fixture with the
chin strap of your helmet.

o Or, secure the bike with a velcro (or other) pants
leg strap.

o Sometimes you can use a pants leg strap to squeeze
your brake lever shut, immobilizing a wheel.

o A bungee cord could do all or any of the above.

<_Jym_

Jym Dyer wrote:

> o Sometimes you can use a pants leg strap to squeeze
> your brake lever shut, immobilizing a wheel.

Blackburn used to sell a black plastic thing, a sort of
stepped block, which could be jammed into the opening in the
front brake lever, to hold it shut. I've made similar gizmos
to do this job. (Blackburn's doesn't work with STI levers.)

It makes the bike significantly more stable, and offers
very low level theft protection against the "jump on & ride
away" crowd.

--
--------------------+ Frank Krygowski [To reply, remove
rodent and vegetable dot com, replace with cc.ysu dot edu]

Jym Dyer wrote and quoted Mr.G.B.:

>>Have you ever taken your bike on a bus or subway train,
>>and lost control of it. Ever had it roll or fall because
>>of the vehicles movement. I have a solution for this.
>>Email me for details.
>
> =v= Seeing as how the details couldn't be posted here (for
> free), I suspect this is a variety of spam.

I concur. Our new generation of Usenet spammers needs some
sales training, so as to let their customers know what their
solutions are.

> =v= Here are several free solutions to such a problem:

To the several free solutions, I would add the use of a
bike lock.

--
-------- Scott Eiler B{D> --------
http://www.eilertech.com/ --------

"It seemed an unlikely spot for a sensitive songwriter from
Greenwich Village... She ordered the 20-ounce steak." -- Lin
Brehmer, Chicago DJ, describing his meeting in a steakhouse
with Suzanne Vega.