Bikes Running Red Lights

Arpit wrote:

> Hehhe, how did he know who you were?
>
> If someones hooting me, im in th habit of giving them a thumbs up :) It works on so many levels ;)
>
> 1. THey are a police guy-- i dunno wtf they'll think
> 2. they are honking angrily- they'll take it as me mocking them
> 3. they are honking in a friendly manner- they will take it like a real thumbs up :)

Well after I gave him the finger and mumbled "F*ck off" loud enough for him to hear I turned around
and saw who he was, I ambolled over sheepishly and said "I guess I'm in trouble now" to which he
replied in the positive. Live and learn eh?
--
Cheers Damian Harvey

This space reserved for standard disclaimer, witty quote, plug for own business in caps and large,
bad ASCII art.

In article <[email protected]>, "Liz" <[email protected]> wrote:

> Does everyone always stop at pedestrian lights? NO! Well not car drivers anyway. I went for a walk
> the other day and came to a pedestrian only crossing on a moderately busy road. Pushed the button,
> waited for the little green man to appear, checked to see that the approaching car really was
> stopping, then started to cross. Then another car came up from behind, beeped its horn, swerved
> past the stopped car and continued full speed through the intersection. Gave me quite a fright.

I used to regularly use one traffic-light controlled pedestrian crossing where drivers often went
through the red light. One went through while I was still on the roadway (& the little man was
definitely green) so I turned around & kicked the car as it passed me. (I'd seen so many cars do
this that I could tell who would stop & who would not, so I wasn't surprised.) Yes, the driver was
very upset, but I never saw another car run that pedestrian crossing again.

--
K.A. Moylan Canberra, Australia Ski Club: http://www.cccsc.asn.au kamoylan at ozemail dot com dot au

On Wed, 10 Sep 2003 18:30:31 +1000, Andrew Swan <[email protected]> wrote:

>Another thread talked about cops running red lights. This prompts me to ask, do you run red lights:
>
>(a) never

Never - ever. I can honestly say that I follow the road rules regardless of whether I'm riding
or driving.

---
Cheers

PeterC

[Rushing headlong: out of control - and there ain't no stopping]
[and there's nothing you can do about it at all]

On Thu, 11 Sep 2003 16:26:38 +1000, "Andy Simpson"
<[email protected]> wrote:

>"Andrew Lighten" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>news:[email protected]...
>
>> > (i) if I've been waiting ages and they haven't changed (which is actually legal, as the in-road
>> > sensors can't always [never?] detect bikes and not all lights are on a timer all day)
>
>So what do you do in situation (i) ? We have two known sets of lights around here that don't
>detect bikes.

I get off the bike, walk to the footpath, press the ped light button, and then walk across when the
little green man appears. Then I get back on the road and ride.

---
Cheers

PeterC

[Rushing headlong: out of control - and there ain't no stopping]
[and there's nothing you can do about it at all]

I get off the bike, walk to the footpath, press the ped light button,
: and then walk across when the little green man appears. Then I get back on the road and ride.
:

I also. Unless I know its a semi sort of busy road and then I just be patient till a car comes
along. No biggie. I am not in that much of a hurry.