Bikes Should be Restricted to Pavement!

Just zis Guy, you know? wrote:

>On 11 Dec 2003 07:19:52 -0800, [email protected] (The Rooster) wrote:
>

>>and my grammer is rather poor as well.
>>

>So now we get a lecture on the plight of senior citizens already?

Actually, that's a good thing. Unless she has a hefty insurance policy - doubtful if she's poor -
she can get better health care if she's penniless than if she had just a modicum of assets which the
County Scriveners would scarf up & fork over to the blood-letters; then she'd get the same level of
helath care as if she were penniless to begin with.

Pete H

--
The idea is to die young as late as possible. anon.

Because the local bully who beat him up when he was 9 was riding a huffy BMX bike and not riding a
horse. This clown is a quack. Just think if he put all this energy towards something that really
could make a difference.

[email protected] wrote:

>And Horses create more damage than mountain bikes. Why aren't you bashing them, moron?
>
>In rec.backcountry Mike Vandeman <[email protected]> spewed:
>: To the editor:
>
>: Mountain bikers would love us to believe that the conflicts between them and other proups are
>: simply a matter of failure to "get along" -- in other words, that there are no substantive
>: issues. In fact, the conflict has very little to do with "getting along" with each other, i.e.,
>: manners. Because if you remove the BICYCLES, we have no problem sharing trails with mountain
>: bikers. They are no different from anybody else.
>
>: The problem is the bicycles themselves. Bikes, especially with knobby tires, greatly accelerate
>: erosion, killing any plants and animals that happen to be on or under the trail. The tires create
>: V-shaped grooves that are difficult and dangerous to walk on. The presence of bikes ruins the
>: experience of real, un-artificial nature that most of us are seeking. The bikes force everyone to
>: watch out for their safety, when they would prefer to enjoy nature, peace, and quiet. And, more
>: subtle, but probably more important in the long run, bikes make it much easier for more people to
>: get into wildlife habitat, driving out the wildlife. Bikers advertize their rides as being from
>: 15 to 60 miles long -- FAR farther than a hiker normally travels. That represents a lot of
>: disturbed wildlife habitat!
>
>: In the San Francisco Bay Area, mountain bikers have driven hikers, especially older hikers and
>: children, off of the trails in many parks, which have turned into velodromes for bikers.
>
>: Bikes should be restricted to paved roads, as is the rule in Yosemite National Park. Without
>: these large pieces of machinery on our trails, we can all enjoy the trails on an equal footing.
>: And there will be no problem "getting along"!
>
>: ===
>: I am working on creating wildlife habitat that is off-limits to humans ("pure habitat"). Want to
>: help? (I spent the previous 8 years fighting auto dependence and road construction.)
>
>: http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande

Come on, you remember Will and Holly. I bet Holly is hot today!!

Peter H wrote:

> tcmedara wrote:
>
>> Tiger, tiger, tiger, tiger, tiger. We do have evidence. Don't you remember the "Land of the Lost"
>> tv show when you were a kid? The sabre toothed animals there were CLEARLY tiger stripped, and TV
>> wouldn't lie!
>>
>> Ha!
>>
>> There, I feel better.
>>

> I'm about two days younger than dirt & don't remember that TV show. But you are correct, the
> almightytvset is the fount of all wisdom & correctness.
>
> Put your hand on the TV! We're gonna have a seance.
>
> Pete H

On 10 Dec 2003 07:58:35 -0800, [email protected] (Adam) wrote:

.Mike Vandeman <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>... .> On Mon, 8 Dec 2003 21:04:20 +0000 (UTC),
[email protected] wrote: .> .> .And Horses create more damage than mountain bikes. Why aren't you .>
.bashing them, moron? .> .> Because they are very rare, compared to mountain bikers, so have far
less .> impact. Horses are also native to North America: they belong here. Bikes DON'T. .> They have
no place in natural areas. . .Err, actually, Mike, I think you'll find that the mountain bike,
.complete with nobbly tyres, is, in fact, a native of North America.

No, they aren't wildlife.

.The horses, however, are technically not, since they are .reintroducees.

What's wrong with reintroducing lost species? Especially when humans may be the cause of their
extinction.

.Does that make you a liar?

Nope.

===

http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande

On Wed, 10 Dec 2003 05:41:12 -0500, Peter H <[email protected]> wrote:

.Brett Jaffee wrote: . .>At this point they would be about as native .>on the trails as a mammoth or
saber tooth cat.

If they can be restored, they are welcome. They haven't been gone all that long, in
evolutionary terms.

.Thanks for saying 'cat;' I am impatient with the phrase 'saber toothed .tiger,' since we haven't a
shred of evidence as to coloration. . .Pete H

===

http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande

> On 10 Dec 2003 07:58:35 -0800, [email protected] (Adam) wrote:
>
> .Mike Vandeman <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> .> On Mon, 8 Dec 2003 21:04:20 +0000 (UTC), [email protected] wrote: .> .> .And Horses create more
> damage than mountain bikes. Why aren't you .> .bashing them, moron? .> .> Because they are very
> rare, compared to mountain bikers, so have far
less
> .> impact. Horses are also native to North America: they belong here.
Bikes DON'T.
> .> They have no place in natural areas. . .Err, actually, Mike, I think you'll find that the
> mountain bike, .complete with nobbly tyres, is, in fact, a native of North America.
>
> No, they aren't wildlife.
>
> .The horses, however, are technically not, since they are .reintroducees.
>
> What's wrong with reintroducing lost species? Especially when humans may
be the
> cause of their extinction.
======================
LOL You really are a hoot there mickey.

ps, bob jumped...

snip

Mike Vandeman <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> On 10 Dec 2003 07:58:35 -0800, [email protected] (Adam) wrote:
>
> .Mike Vandeman <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:<[email protected]>... .> On Mon, 8 Dec 2003 21:04:20 +0000 (UTC),
> [email protected] wrote: .> .> .And Horses create more damage than mountain bikes. Why aren't you .>
> .bashing them, moron? .> .> Because they are very rare, compared to mountain bikers, so have far
> less .> impact. Horses are also native to North America: they belong here. Bikes DON'T. .> They
> have no place in natural areas. . .Err, actually, Mike, I think you'll find that the mountain
> bike, .complete with nobbly tyres, is, in fact, a native of North America.
>
> No, they aren't wildlife.

So, they're still native. Typical Mike Vandeman, starts squirming and moving the goalposts as soon
as he's challenged on something.

> .The horses, however, are technically not, since they are .reintroducees.
>
> What's wrong with reintroducing lost species? Especially when humans may be the cause of their
> extinction.

Is it natural if humans reintroduce a species to a lost niche, but not to use a tool in that
environment?

Besides, wrt: "Especially when humans may be the cause of their extinction." - Liar! See:
www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2001/10/011025072315.htm
www.sciencedaily.com/releases/1997/10/971019152806.htm news.nationalgeographic.com/news/
2001/11/1112_overkill.html

> .Does that make you a liar?
>
> Nope.

Liar! See, all the typical Vandeman can do, when faced with FACTS, is
LIE.

Enjoy!

Adam...

> > What's wrong with reintroducing lost species? Especially when humans may
> be the
> > cause of their extinction.
> ======================
> LOL You really are a hoot there mickey.
>

> ps, bob jumped...
>

> snip

I did??? Where did I jump? Did it hurt? Did I score at least a 5 out of 10? Lordy, lordy, I do not
remember even thinking about jumping!

Bob

>> ps, bob jumped...
>>

>> snip
>>

> I did??? Where did I jump? Did it hurt? Did I score at least a 5 out of 10? Lordy, lordy, I do not
> remember even thinking about jumping!
>
> Bob

don't take it personally, I just figured it out....Bob is Mikes dead cat. Mike demonstrates his
insanity here: http://www.imaja.com/change/environment/mvarticles/BobIsDead.html I think something
like that requires mental therapy!

this quote sums him up:

"Of course, our population is already far too large, and there are far too many cats. If I had known
how many birds and other animals are killed by cats, even well fed ones, I probably would never have
chosen to adopt them. But that doesn't prevent road kill from being one of mankind's greatest
stupidities."

i guess road kill must be almost as bad as mountain biking:)

Mike Vandeman wrote:

>If they can be restored, they are welcome. They haven't been gone all that long, in
>evolutionary terms.

Jurassic Park, here we come!

Pete H

--
The idea is to die young as late as possible. anon.

Now how could I have possibly forgotten such an important piece of factual information from The
Great And Glorious Vman!

Senility strikes again. God, old age sucks.

Bob (where's my walker) Who is wishing that he was closer to 30, rather than 50 ;-)

news:p[email protected]...