Bikes Should be Restricted to Pavement!

"Mike Vandeman" <[email protected]> wrote

> I didn't say "modern horse". The horse actually evolved in North America.

You, however, did not evolve in North America. Nor, I suspect, on this planet.

When may we expect your removal from this environment?

Pete

"The Rooster" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> I am just checking out a few other news groups and I'll tell ya what, all of you make me want to
> fire up my four wheeler and run your asses over!

Dude. Don't go postal. It's just a newsgroup.

Sorni <[email protected]> wrote:

> Hypocrite.

I'm still trying to figure out the subject line. I mean, even _cars_ aren't restricted to pavement.
Fire roads being only one example.

My driveway is dirt and grass. Should I ride my bike down it, or tiptoe gently down it, carrying the
bike until I reach the safety of the asphalt? Should I ask my landlord to help preserve the
environment by paving the driveway? This is all so complicated.

Brett Jaffee wrote:

>At this point they would be about as native on the trails as a mammoth or saber tooth cat.

Thanks for saying 'cat;' I am impatient with the phrase 'saber toothed tiger,' since we haven't a
shred of evidence as to coloration.

Pete H

--
The idea is to die young as late as possible. anon.

Peter H <[email protected]> wrote in news:[email protected]:

> Brett Jaffee wrote:
>
>>At this point they would be about as native on the trails as a mammoth or saber tooth cat.
>>

> Thanks for saying 'cat;' I am impatient with the phrase 'saber toothed tiger,' since we haven't a
> shred of evidence as to coloration.

Heh...you can thank all those field trips to the Le Brea tar pits that I took in elementary school.

Mike Vandeman <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> On Mon, 8 Dec 2003 21:04:20 +0000 (UTC), [email protected] wrote:
>
> .And Horses create more damage than mountain bikes. Why aren't you .bashing them, moron?
>
> Because they are very rare, compared to mountain bikers, so have far less impact. Horses are also
> native to North America: they belong here. Bikes DON'T. They have no place in natural areas.

Err, actually, Mike, I think you'll find that the mountain bike, complete with nobbly tyres, is, in
fact, a native of North America. The horses, however, are technically not, since they are
reintroducees.

Does that make you a liar?

All the very best with your continued inane rantings.

Adam...

-8<- snip garbage ->8-

Well kid you made me laugh! I'm not nearly as serious as it may sound but the stupidity or short
sightedness of people never seizes to amaze me.

"George" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> "The Rooster" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > I am just checking out a few other news groups and I'll tell ya what, all of you make me want to
> > fire up my four wheeler and run your asses over!
>
> Dude. Don't go postal. It's just a newsgroup.

"The Rooster" <[email protected]> top-posted in message
news:[email protected]...

> Well kid you made me laugh! I'm not nearly as serious as it may sound but the stupidity or short
> sightedness of people never seizes to amaze me.

I didn't realize that roosters could lay eggs.

Bill "SEIZE FIRE!" S.

"The Rooster" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Well kid you made me laugh! I'm not nearly as serious as it may sound but the stupidity or short
> sightedness of people never seizes to amaze me.

P.S. I've probably got moles older than you.

Benjamin Weiner <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<3fd69abe$1@darkstar>...
> Sorni <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> > Hypocrite.
>
> I'm still trying to figure out the subject line. I mean, even _cars_ aren't restricted to
> pavement. Fire roads being only one example.
>
> My driveway is dirt and grass. Should I ride my bike down it, or tiptoe gently down it, carrying
> the bike until I reach the safety of the asphalt? Should I ask my landlord to help preserve the
> environment by paving the driveway? This is all so complicated.

Even more confusing to a Brit, where sidewalks are pavements and it's illegal to ride your bike on
them anyway!

Adam...

MLL wrote: seizes to
>>amaze me.
>>

> ceases, babe, ceases not seizes

Oh, man, I love to be seized with amazement. Doesn't happen often, but when it does..... :)

-Kamus

--
What am I on? I'm on my bike, o__ 6 hours a day, busting my ass. ,>/'_ What are you on? --Lance
Armstrong (_)\(_)

"Peter H" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Brett Jaffee wrote:
>
> >At this point they would be about as native on the trails as a mammoth or saber tooth cat.
> >

> Thanks for saying 'cat;' I am impatient with the phrase 'saber toothed tiger,' since we haven't a
> shred of evidence as to coloration.
>
> Pete H
>
> --
> The idea is to die young as late as possible. anon.

Tiger, tiger, tiger, tiger, tiger. We do have evidence. Don't you remember the "Land of the Lost" tv
show when you were a kid? The sabre toothed animals there were CLEARLY tiger stripped, and TV
wouldn't lie!

Ha!

There, I feel better.

Kid is just an expression, Sorry folks I can't spell, so stop picking on me... and my grammer is
rather poor as well. I'm going to cry... Maybe I should start a newsgroup for poor spellers and talk
about how mean all the good spellers of the world are to me on other newsgroups?

If it is intertaining to you then you'll love it when I post here.

But it you want to stick to the topic... just say your right and go your merry way! But look out for
the walkers!

Thanks for the correction by the way.

Brett Jaffee wrote:

>Peter H <[email protected]> wrote in news:[email protected]:
>

>>Thanks for saying 'cat;' I am impatient with the phrase 'saber toothed tiger,' since we haven't a
>>shred of evidence as to coloration.
>>

>Heh...you can thank all those field trips to the Le Brea tar pits that I took in elementary school.

Though it was 'La Brea.' (Never been there though; probably quite impressive.

Pete H

--

tcmedara wrote:

>Tiger, tiger, tiger, tiger, tiger. We do have evidence. Don't you remember the "Land of the Lost"
>tv show when you were a kid? The sabre toothed animals there were CLEARLY tiger stripped, and TV
>wouldn't lie!
>
>Ha!
>
>There, I feel better.

I'm about two days younger than dirt & don't remember that TV show. But you are correct, the
almightytvset is the fount of all wisdom & correctness.

Put your hand on the TV! We're gonna have a seance.

Pete H

--

Sorni wrote:

>"Peter H" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
>

>>I'm about two days younger than dirt
>>

>Um, that should be "soil".
>
>Bill "previously chastised" S.

It's a cliche, not to be taken literally.

PH

--
The idea is to die young as late as possible. anon.