bikesource.com = awful

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by nospam, Mar 9, 2004.

  1. nospam

    nospam Guest

    Purchased a saddle from these "people", requested/paid for
    two day shipping, rec'd it a week an half later. They tried
    to pass off the wrong model to me. Called their returns
    number for an RA, the number was disconnected. Called the
    order number, no one would answer. Sent them an email
    explaining their error and linked the mfr website showing
    their error. No response, sent second email. No response
    left a voice mail with home and work phone numbers. No
    response, notified credit card to bounce the charge back to
    them. Recommend avoiding doing business with them, they screwed-
    up on every level and refuse to respond back.

    bikesource.com bikesource.com bikesource.com bikesource.com
    bikesource.com bikesource.com bikesource.com bikesource.com
    bikesource.com bikesource.com bikesource.com bikesource.com
    bikesource.com bikesource.com bikesource.com bikesource.com

    Usenet Newsgroup Service $9.95/Month 30GB

    Tags:

  2. Matt O'Toole

    Matt O'Toole Guest

    [email protected] wrote:

    > Purchased a saddle from these "people", requested/paid for
    > two day shipping, rec'd it a week an half later. They
    > tried to pass off the wrong model to me. Called their
    > returns number for an RA, the number was disconnected.
    > Called the order number, no one would answer. Sent them an
    > email explaining their error and linked the mfr website
    > showing their error. No response, sent second email. No
    > response left a voice mail with home and work phone
    > numbers. No response, notified credit card to bounce the
    > charge back to them. Recommend avoiding doing business
    > with them, they screwed-up on every level and refuse to
    > respond back.

    If this is the same business that used to be known as the
    Irvine Bike Source (and I'm pretty sure it is), then avoid
    them like plague. They used to act this way with real
    customers in their store -- just ignore them, and hope they
    go away! It was astounding! I've never seen such imbeciles
    in my life. Everyone I know who has shopped there has had at
    least one *really bad* experience, starting from when Bike
    Source had their store across the street from UC Irvine.
    Then they moved to near the airport and got even weirder,
    and now they don't even give out a physical address. All I
    see on their website are phone numbers, and toll-free, no-area-
    code, no-prefix ones at that. (Hello, bad sign!)

    If you can't get any satisfaction by tomorrow, file a
    complaint with the CA Dept. of Consumer Affairs. You won't
    be the first. Someone needs to shut down these knuckleheads
    once and for all.

    Matt O.

  3. Andres Muro

    Andres Muro Guest

    Matt:

    I do believe what you are saying. However, I do have a hard
    time believing the previous poster. No matter how
    disappointed his mother might have been at delivery, I doubt
    that she would have named him son Nospam Newsreader.

    > [email protected] wrote:
    >
    > > Purchased a saddle from these "people", requested/paid
    > > for two day shipping, rec'd it a week an half later.
    > > They tried to pass off the wrong model to me. Called
    > > their returns number for an RA, the number was
    > > disconnected. Called the order number, no one would
    > > answer. Sent them an email explaining their error and
    > > linked the mfr website showing their error. No response,
    > > sent second email. No response left a voice mail with
    > > home and work phone numbers. No response, notified
    > > credit card to bounce the charge back to them. Recommend
    > > avoiding doing business with them, they screwed-up on
    > > every level and refuse to respond back.
    >
    > If this is the same business that used to be known as the
    > Irvine Bike Source (and I'm pretty sure it is), then avoid
    > them like plague. They used to act this way with real
    > customers in their store -- just ignore them, and hope
    > they go away! It was astounding! I've never seen such
    > imbeciles in my life. Everyone I know who has shopped
    > there has had at least one *really bad* experience,
    > starting from when Bike Source had their store across the
    > street from UC Irvine. Then they moved to near the airport
    > and got even weirder, and now they don't even give out a
    > physical address. All I see on their website are phone
    > numbers, and toll-free, no-area-code, no-prefix ones at
    > that. (Hello, bad sign!)
    >
    > If you can't get any satisfaction by tomorrow, file a
    > complaint with the CA Dept. of Consumer Affairs. You won't
    > be the first. Someone needs to shut down these
    > knuckleheads once and for all.
    >
    > Matt O.

  4. Webforumuser

    Webforumuser Guest

    According to whois http://www.dns411.com

    bikesource.com is

    Outfitter 2164 Center St Cambria, CA 93428-3020 US Phone:
    805-927-5510 Email: [email protected]

    Registrar Name....: Register.com Registrar Whois...:
    whois.register.com Registrar Homepage:
    http://www.register.com

    Domain Name: BIKESOURCE.COM

    Created on..............: Tue, Jan 23, 1996 Expires
    on..............: Mon, Jan 24, 2011 Record last
    updated on..: Wed, Jul 16, 2003

    Administrative Contact: Cambria Bicycle Outfitter Cambria
    Bicycle Outfitter 2164 Center St Cambria, CA 93428-3020
    US Phone: 805-927-5510 Email: [email protected]

    Not having a physical address on your web site is a big no
    no in ecommerce, only an idiot would buy there.

    On Wed, 10 Mar 2004 03:21:35 GMT, "Matt O'Toole"
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >[email protected] wrote:
    >
    >> Purchased a saddle from these "people", requested/paid
    >> for two day shipping, rec'd it a week an half later. They
    >> tried to pass off the wrong model to me. Called their
    >> returns number for an RA, the number was disconnected.
    >> Called the order number, no one would answer. Sent them
    >> an email explaining their error and linked the mfr
    >> website showing their error. No response, sent second
    >> email. No response left a voice mail with home and work
    >> phone numbers. No response, notified credit card to
    >> bounce the charge back to them. Recommend avoiding doing
    >> business with them, they screwed-up on every level and
    >> refuse to respond back.
    >
    >If this is the same business that used to be known as the
    >Irvine Bike Source (and I'm pretty sure it is), then avoid
    >them like plague. They used to act this way with real
    >customers in their store -- just ignore them, and hope they
    >go away! It was astounding! I've never seen such imbeciles
    >in my life. Everyone I know who has shopped there has had
    >at least one *really bad* experience, starting from when
    >Bike Source had their store across the street from UC
    >Irvine. Then they moved to near the airport and got even
    >weirder, and now they don't even give out a physical
    >address. All I see on their website are phone numbers, and
    >toll-free, no-area-code, no-prefix ones at that. (Hello,
    >bad sign!)
    >
    >If you can't get any satisfaction by tomorrow, file a
    >complaint with the CA Dept. of Consumer Affairs. You won't
    >be the first. Someone needs to shut down these knuckleheads
    >once and for all.
    >
    >Matt O.

  5. Rick Onanian

    Rick Onanian Guest

    On Wed, 10 Mar 2004 15:13:16 GMT, webforumuser
    <[email protected]> wrote:
    >According to whois http://www.dns411.com bikesource.com is
    >Cambria Bicycle Outfitter 2164 Center St Cambria, CA 93428-
    >3020 Phone: 805-927-5510 Email: [email protected]

    Something is fishy. Cambria Bicycle Outfitter has that
    address and phone number, but not that email address, and is
    reputable. I'm very satisfied with Cambria; their customer
    service was great. My order was received quickly. There was
    one backordered item; when I decided that I didn't need it
    (I bought it elsewhere), I called and had it switched to
    another item, which was not in stock, but they got it and
    sent it to me quickly.

    It sounds like bikesource.com is using Cambria's information
    for their domain name invalidly.
    --
    Rick Onanian

  6. Webforumuser

    Webforumuser Guest

    Accoring to whois http://www.dns411.com

    Cambria Bicycle Outfitter and bikesource.com are one and
    the same including the domain administrative contact
    email address.

    Having multiple business names/domain names/websites is a
    common practice on the internet, especially for search
    engine saturation purposes. If a customer was not happy at
    website B they could unkowingly continue to do business with
    the company through website C and the parent company does
    not lose any business.

    If you suspect that bikesource.com has forged their contact
    info, you should contact Cambria Bicycle Outfitter and make
    them aware of the situation. Bikesource.com's host is in the
    US so it should be too dificult to resolve.

    Based on the information I have seen, from the original post
    down to the hosting info, you would have a hard time
    convincing me that they are NOT the same company. If someone
    were to go through all of the trouble to steal an online
    identity you would not recieve ANYTHING for your order. They
    would take the money and run, leaving Cambria Bicycle
    Outfitter holding the bag.

    Outfitter 2164 Center St Cambria, CA 93428-3020 US Phone:
    805-927-5510 Email: [email protected]

    Registrar Name....: Register.com Registrar Whois...:
    whois.register.com Registrar Homepage:
    http://www.register.com

    Domain Name: CAMBRIABIKE.COM

    Created on..............: Sun, Jun 22, 1997 Expires
    on..............: Mon, Apr 22, 2013 Record last
    updated on..: Wed, Jul 16, 2003

    Administrative Contact: Cambria Bicycle Outfitter Cambria
    Bicycle Outfitter 2164 Center St Cambria, CA 93428-3020
    US Phone: 805-927-5510 Email: [email protected]

    NSLOOKUP Server: localhost Address: 127.0.0.1

    Name: CAMBRIABIKE.COM Address: 207.159.131.245 HOST
    http://www.interland.com

    updated on..: Wed, Jul 16, 2003

    Administrative Contact: Cambria Bicycle Outfitter Cambria
    Bicycle Outfitter 2164 Center St Cambria, CA 93428-3020
    US Phone: 805-927-5510 Email: [email protected]

    NSLOOKUP Server: localhost Address: 127.0.0.1

    Name: BIKESOURCE.COM Address: 66.241.235.247 HOST
    http://www.hostmysite.com

    On Wed, 10 Mar 2004 10:53:09 -0500, Rick Onanian
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >On Wed, 10 Mar 2004 15:13:16 GMT, webforumuser
    ><[email protected]> wrote:
    >>According to whois http://www.dns411.com bikesource.com is
    >>Cambria Bicycle Outfitter 2164 Center St Cambria, CA 93428-
    >>3020 Phone: 805-927-5510 Email: [email protected]
    >
    >Something is fishy. Cambria Bicycle Outfitter has that
    >address and phone number, but not that email address, and
    >is reputable. I'm very satisfied with Cambria; their
    >customer service was great. My order was received quickly.
    >There was one backordered item; when I decided that I
    >didn't need it (I bought it elsewhere), I called and had it
    >switched to another item, which was not in stock, but they
    >got it and sent it to me quickly.
    >
    >It sounds like bikesource.com is using Cambria's
    >information for their domain name invalidly.

  7. Matt O'Toole

    Matt O'Toole Guest

    Rick Onanian wrote:

    > It sounds like bikesource.com is using Cambria's
    > information for their domain name invalidly.

    That's a bit far-fetched. Most likely, Cambria bought out
    what was left of Bike Source, and continued the brand name
    and web site. Perhaps I should give them a call, and get the
    real story!

    In any case, not publishing a physical address is a bad
    sign. Anyone who does business with such an entity gets what
    they deserve. If Cambria is indeed the entity behind the
    bikesource.com website, they ought to say so. They don't
    have to prominently advertise it, but there should be a link
    to that info somewhere.

    Matt O.

  8. Matt O'Toole

    Matt O'Toole Guest

    Rick Onanian wrote:

    > It sounds like bikesource.com is using Cambria's
    > information for their domain name invalidly.

    That's a bit far-fetched. Most likely, Cambria bought out
    what was left of Bike Source, and continued the brand name
    and web site. Perhaps I should give them a call, and get the
    real story!

    In any case, not publishing a physical address is a bad
    sign. Anyone who does business with such an entity gets what
    they deserve. If Cambria is indeed the entity behind the
    bikesource.com website, they ought to say so. They don't
    have to prominently advertise it, but there should be a link
    to that info somewhere.

    Matt O.

  9. Neil_brooks

    Neil_brooks Guest

    I happen to be good friends with Sylvia Newsreader. She was
    born Newsgroup, but married Arthur Newsreader in '62.

    Little Nospam--the second of three kids, was born seven
    weeks premature in the summer of '64. My! How he's
    grown.....

    (I'm in total agreement with Andres: "Beware of XX" posts
    are incredibly valuable, but their value is _greatly_
    diminished when the posters remain anonymous. Just my $0.02)

    Neil

    andres muro wrote

    > I do believe what you are saying. However, I do have a
    > hard time believing the previous poster. No matter how
    > disappointed his mother might have been at delivery, I
    > doubt that she would have named him son Nospam Newsreader.

  10. G.T.

    G.T. Guest

    Matt O'Toole wrote:
    > Rick Onanian wrote:
    >

    >>It sounds like bikesource.com is using Cambria's
    >>information for their domain name invalidly.
    >

    > That's a bit far-fetched. Most likely, Cambria bought out
    > what was left of Bike Source, and continued the brand name
    > and web site. Perhaps I should give them a call, and get
    > the real story!
    >
    > In any case, not publishing a physical address is a bad
    > sign. Anyone who does business with such an entity gets
    > what they deserve. If Cambria is indeed the entity behind
    > the bikesource.com website, they ought to say so. They
    > don't have to prominently advertise it, but there should
    > be a link to that info somewhere.

    Isn't Cambria, and several other sites, remnants of BikePro?

    For the record, I use Cambria and my new fave Beyond Bikes
    with 100% complete satisfaction. I've never used Bike Source
    because I haven't heard a good thing about them since I
    first became aware of them.

    Cambria had Mavic 618s for sale, a model for which I don't
    think Mavic has come up with a replacement.

    Greg

  11. Kenny Lee

    Kenny Lee Guest

    Rick Onanian wrote:
    > On Wed, 10 Mar 2004 15:13:16 GMT, webforumuser
    > <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    >>According to whois http://www.dns411.com bikesource.com is
    >>Cambria Bicycle Outfitter 2164 Center St Cambria, CA 93428-
    >>3020 Phone: 805-927-5510 Email: [email protected]
    >

    > Something is fishy. Cambria Bicycle Outfitter has that
    > address and phone number, but not that email address, and
    > is reputable. I'm very satisfied with Cambria; their
    > customer service was great. My order was received quickly.
    > There was one backordered item; when I decided that I
    > didn't need it (I bought it elsewhere), I called and had
    > it switched to another item, which was not in stock, but
    > they got it and sent it to me quickly.
    >
    > It sounds like bikesource.com is using Cambria's
    > information for their domain name invalidly.
    > --
    > Rick Onanian

    I've had several online experiences where the online shops
    treat the customer like they were a mushroom. But my
    experience with Cambria has always been frank and above
    board with no hassles.

    Kenny Lee

  12. Matt O'Toole

    Matt O'Toole Guest

    G.T. wrote:

    > Isn't Cambria, and several other sites, remnants of
    > BikePro?
    >
    > For the record, I use Cambria and my new fave Beyond Bikes
    > with 100% complete satisfaction. I've never used Bike
    > Source because I haven't heard a good thing about them
    > since I first became aware of them.
    >
    > Cambria had Mavic 618s for sale, a model for which I don't
    > think Mavic has come up with a replacement.

    Cambria Bicycle Outfitters is/was an actual bike shop in
    Cambria, CA. They've had mail order ads in mountain bike
    magazines going back to the late 80s at least. CBO has been
    around a long time, so they must be doing something right.
    Perhaps they've swallowed a few other businesses -- buying
    up their remaining stock, URLs and phone numbers, and even
    keeping the ads running.

    Bike Source was once an actual bike shop too -- near UC
    Irvine, then a couple of other locations around Irvine. It
    was the worst bike shop I've ever set foot
    in.

    AFAIK, Bike Pro was a mail order only business somewhere in
    the Bay Area.

    Matt O.

  13. "Neil_Brooks" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > I happen to be good friends with Sylvia Newsreader. She
    > was born

    Put the crack pipe down... and step away slowly...

    Phil

  14. Phil, back at home <[email protected]> wrote:
    > "Neil_Brooks" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    >> I happen to be good friends with Sylvia Newsreader. She
    >> was born
    >
    > Put the crack pipe down... and step away slowly...

    yea, uh, phil .. did you not goto college? it's not crack
    that makes you types all funny like that.
    --
    david reuteler [email protected]

  15. G.T.

    G.T. Guest

    Matt O'Toole wrote:
    > G.T. wrote:
    >

    >>Isn't Cambria, and several other sites, remnants of
    >>BikePro?
    >>
    >>For the record, I use Cambria and my new fave Beyond Bikes
    >>with 100% complete satisfaction. I've never used Bike
    >>Source because I haven't heard a good thing about them
    >>since I first became aware of them.
    >>
    >>Cambria had Mavic 618s for sale, a model for which I don't
    >>think Mavic has come up with a replacement.
    >

    > Cambria Bicycle Outfitters is/was an actual bike shop in
    > Cambria, CA. They've had mail order ads in mountain bike
    > magazines going back to the late 80s at least.

    Yes, I rode with their original owner at Pozo Jct during a
    visit to Paso Robles back in 1991.

    > CBO has been around a long time, so they must be doing
    > something right. Perhaps they've swallowed a few other
    > businesses -- buying up their remaining stock, URLs and
    > phone numbers, and even keeping the ads running.

    As I recall they sold out to Clay of Bike Pro several years
    ago. I could be hallucinating that, though.

    > Bike Source was once an actual bike shop too -- near UC
    > Irvine, then a couple of other locations around Irvine. It
    > was the worst bike shop I've ever set foot
    > in.

    Yep, I went UCI, but long before any of that was built
    across the street. I did take a look at their shop when I
    stopped by there a few years ago.

    > AFAIK, Bike Pro was a mail order only business somewhere
    > in the Bay Area.

    No, they had storefronts, one was in Santa Rosa, the 2nd one
    was up in the in the Sierra foothills, IIRC. I worked at
    Answer/Manitou in 1994 and we did no mailorder-only business
    (at least while I was there).

    Greg

  16. Carl Fogel

    Carl Fogel Guest

    "G.T." <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > Matt O'Toole wrote:
    > > G.T. wrote:
    > >

    > >>Isn't Cambria, and several other sites, remnants of
    > >>BikePro?
    > >>
    > >>For the record, I use Cambria and my new fave Beyond
    > >>Bikes with 100% complete satisfaction. I've never used
    > >>Bike Source because I haven't heard a good thing about
    > >>them since I first became aware of them.
    > >>
    > >>Cambria had Mavic 618s for sale, a model for which I
    > >>don't think Mavic has come up with a replacement.
    > >

    > > Cambria Bicycle Outfitters is/was an actual bike shop in
    > > Cambria, CA. They've had mail order ads in mountain bike
    > > magazines going back to the late 80s at least.
    >
    > Yes, I rode with their original owner at Pozo Jct during a
    > visit to Paso Robles back in 1991.
    >
    > > CBO has been around a long time, so they must be doing
    > > something right. Perhaps they've swallowed a few other
    > > businesses -- buying up their remaining stock, URLs and
    > > phone numbers, and even keeping the ads running.
    > >

    > As I recall they sold out to Clay of Bike Pro several
    > years ago. I could be hallucinating that, though.
    >
    > > Bike Source was once an actual bike shop too -- near UC
    > > Irvine, then a couple of other locations around Irvine.
    > > It was the worst bike shop I've ever set foot
    > > in.
    > >

    > Yep, I went UCI, but long before any of that was built
    > across the street. I did take a look at their shop when I
    > stopped by there a few years ago.
    >
    > > AFAIK, Bike Pro was a mail order only business somewhere
    > > in the Bay Area.
    > >

    > No, they had storefronts, one was in Santa Rosa, the 2nd
    > one was up in the in the Sierra foothills, IIRC. I worked
    > at Answer/Manitou in 1994 and we did no mailorder-only
    > business (at least while I was there).
    >
    > Greg

    Dear Matt, Greg, and others,

    I'm getting worried.

    Has anyone ever actually seen Sheldon Brown and Andrew Muzi
    together in the same place?

    Oliver Stone

  17. Ted Bennett

    Ted Bennett Guest

    Carl Fogelized:

    > Dear Matt, Greg, and others,
    >
    > I'm getting worried.
    >
    > Has anyone ever actually seen Sheldon Brown and Andrew
    > Muzi together in the same place?
    >
    > Oliver Stone

    Now, now, those two have had actual conversations here in
    wreck.bikes, which plainly proves that they are two people,
    because otherwise, um. . .

    Oh, never mind.

    Emily Latella

    --
    Ted Bennett Portland OR

  18. Jeff Starr

    Jeff Starr Guest

    "Matt O'Toole" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > Rick Onanian wrote:
    >
    > > It sounds like bikesource.com is using Cambria's
    > > information for their domain name invalidly.
    >
    > That's a bit far-fetched. Most likely, Cambria bought out
    > what was left of Bike Source, and continued the brand name
    > and web site. Perhaps I should give them a call, and get
    > the real story!
    >
    > In any case, not publishing a physical address is a bad
    > sign. Anyone who does business with such an entity gets
    > what they deserve. If Cambria is indeed the entity behind
    > the bikesource.com website, they ought to say so. They
    > don't have to prominently advertise it, but there should
    > be a link to that info somewhere.
    >
    > Matt O.

    Hi, I too have had good service from CBO, on at least three
    occasions. They carry the best selection of Ultegra 9-speed
    cassettes, that I have found, including 14-25 and 13-23.
    Anyway, I have no opinion on bikesource.com, but they do
    have an address on their website. It is under FAQ/Help:
    BikeSource Returns - (Put your authorization number here)
    1645 Commerce Way Paso Robles, CA 93446 USA

    I also appreciate getting a heads up, on poorly run
    business. I am a bit suspicious when it is posted
    anonymously. Jeff