bikesource.com = awful

nospam

Guest
Purchased a saddle from these "people", requested/paid for
two day shipping, rec'd it a week an half later. They tried
to pass off the wrong model to me. Called their returns
number for an RA, the number was disconnected. Called the
order number, no one would answer. Sent them an email
explaining their error and linked the mfr website showing
their error. No response, sent second email. No response
left a voice mail with home and work phone numbers. No
response, notified credit card to bounce the charge back to
them. Recommend avoiding doing business with them, they screwed-
up on every level and refuse to respond back.

bikesource.com bikesource.com bikesource.com bikesource.com
bikesource.com bikesource.com bikesource.com bikesource.com
bikesource.com bikesource.com bikesource.com bikesource.com
bikesource.com bikesource.com bikesource.com bikesource.com

Usenet Newsgroup Service $9.95/Month 30GB

[email protected] wrote:

> Purchased a saddle from these "people", requested/paid for
> two day shipping, rec'd it a week an half later. They
> tried to pass off the wrong model to me. Called their
> returns number for an RA, the number was disconnected.
> Called the order number, no one would answer. Sent them an
> email explaining their error and linked the mfr website
> showing their error. No response, sent second email. No
> response left a voice mail with home and work phone
> numbers. No response, notified credit card to bounce the
> charge back to them. Recommend avoiding doing business
> with them, they screwed-up on every level and refuse to
> respond back.

If this is the same business that used to be known as the
Irvine Bike Source (and I'm pretty sure it is), then avoid
them like plague. They used to act this way with real
customers in their store -- just ignore them, and hope they
go away! It was astounding! I've never seen such imbeciles
in my life. Everyone I know who has shopped there has had at
least one *really bad* experience, starting from when Bike
Source had their store across the street from UC Irvine.
Then they moved to near the airport and got even weirder,
and now they don't even give out a physical address. All I
see on their website are phone numbers, and toll-free, no-area-
code, no-prefix ones at that. (Hello, bad sign!)

If you can't get any satisfaction by tomorrow, file a
complaint with the CA Dept. of Consumer Affairs. You won't
be the first. Someone needs to shut down these knuckleheads
once and for all.

Matt O.

Matt:

I do believe what you are saying. However, I do have a hard
time believing the previous poster. No matter how
disappointed his mother might have been at delivery, I doubt
that she would have named him son Nospam Newsreader.

news:<[email protected]>...
> [email protected] wrote:
>
> > Purchased a saddle from these "people", requested/paid
> > for two day shipping, rec'd it a week an half later.
> > They tried to pass off the wrong model to me. Called
> > their returns number for an RA, the number was
> > disconnected. Called the order number, no one would
> > answer. Sent them an email explaining their error and
> > linked the mfr website showing their error. No response,
> > sent second email. No response left a voice mail with
> > home and work phone numbers. No response, notified
> > credit card to bounce the charge back to them. Recommend
> > avoiding doing business with them, they screwed-up on
> > every level and refuse to respond back.
>
> If this is the same business that used to be known as the
> Irvine Bike Source (and I'm pretty sure it is), then avoid
> them like plague. They used to act this way with real
> customers in their store -- just ignore them, and hope
> they go away! It was astounding! I've never seen such
> imbeciles in my life. Everyone I know who has shopped
> there has had at least one *really bad* experience,
> starting from when Bike Source had their store across the
> street from UC Irvine. Then they moved to near the airport
> and got even weirder, and now they don't even give out a
> physical address. All I see on their website are phone
> numbers, and toll-free, no-area-code, no-prefix ones at
> that. (Hello, bad sign!)
>
> If you can't get any satisfaction by tomorrow, file a
> complaint with the CA Dept. of Consumer Affairs. You won't
> be the first. Someone needs to shut down these
> knuckleheads once and for all.
>
> Matt O.

According to whois http://www.dns411.com

bikesource.com is

Outfitter 2164 Center St Cambria, CA 93428-3020 US Phone:
805-927-5510 Email: [email protected]

Registrar Name....: Register.com Registrar Whois...:
whois.register.com Registrar Homepage:
http://www.register.com

Domain Name: BIKESOURCE.COM

Created on..............: Tue, Jan 23, 1996 Expires
on..............: Mon, Jan 24, 2011 Record last
updated on..: Wed, Jul 16, 2003

Administrative Contact: Cambria Bicycle Outfitter Cambria
Bicycle Outfitter 2164 Center St Cambria, CA 93428-3020
US Phone: 805-927-5510 Email: [email protected]

Not having a physical address on your web site is a big no
no in ecommerce, only an idiot would buy there.

On Wed, 10 Mar 2004 03:21:35 GMT, "Matt O'Toole"
<[email protected]> wrote:

>[email protected] wrote:
>
>> Purchased a saddle from these "people", requested/paid
>> for two day shipping, rec'd it a week an half later. They
>> tried to pass off the wrong model to me. Called their
>> returns number for an RA, the number was disconnected.
>> Called the order number, no one would answer. Sent them
>> an email explaining their error and linked the mfr
>> website showing their error. No response, sent second
>> email. No response left a voice mail with home and work
>> phone numbers. No response, notified credit card to
>> bounce the charge back to them. Recommend avoiding doing
>> business with them, they screwed-up on every level and
>> refuse to respond back.
>
>If this is the same business that used to be known as the
>Irvine Bike Source (and I'm pretty sure it is), then avoid
>them like plague. They used to act this way with real
>customers in their store -- just ignore them, and hope they
>go away! It was astounding! I've never seen such imbeciles
>in my life. Everyone I know who has shopped there has had
>at least one *really bad* experience, starting from when
>Bike Source had their store across the street from UC
>Irvine. Then they moved to near the airport and got even
>weirder, and now they don't even give out a physical
>address. All I see on their website are phone numbers, and
>toll-free, no-area-code, no-prefix ones at that. (Hello,
>bad sign!)
>
>If you can't get any satisfaction by tomorrow, file a
>complaint with the CA Dept. of Consumer Affairs. You won't
>be the first. Someone needs to shut down these knuckleheads
>once and for all.
>
>Matt O.

On Wed, 10 Mar 2004 15:13:16 GMT, webforumuser
<[email protected]> wrote:
>According to whois http://www.dns411.com bikesource.com is
>Cambria Bicycle Outfitter 2164 Center St Cambria, CA 93428-
>3020 Phone: 805-927-5510 Email: [email protected]

Something is fishy. Cambria Bicycle Outfitter has that
address and phone number, but not that email address, and is
reputable. I'm very satisfied with Cambria; their customer
service was great. My order was received quickly. There was
one backordered item; when I decided that I didn't need it
(I bought it elsewhere), I called and had it switched to
another item, which was not in stock, but they got it and
sent it to me quickly.

It sounds like bikesource.com is using Cambria's information
for their domain name invalidly.
--
Rick Onanian

Accoring to whois http://www.dns411.com

Cambria Bicycle Outfitter and bikesource.com are one and
the same including the domain administrative contact
email address.

Having multiple business names/domain names/websites is a
common practice on the internet, especially for search
engine saturation purposes. If a customer was not happy at
website B they could unkowingly continue to do business with
the company through website C and the parent company does
not lose any business.

If you suspect that bikesource.com has forged their contact
info, you should contact Cambria Bicycle Outfitter and make
them aware of the situation. Bikesource.com's host is in the
US so it should be too dificult to resolve.

Based on the information I have seen, from the original post
down to the hosting info, you would have a hard time
convincing me that they are NOT the same company. If someone
were to go through all of the trouble to steal an online
identity you would not recieve ANYTHING for your order. They
would take the money and run, leaving Cambria Bicycle
Outfitter holding the bag.

Outfitter 2164 Center St Cambria, CA 93428-3020 US Phone:
805-927-5510 Email: [email protected]

Registrar Name....: Register.com Registrar Whois...:
whois.register.com Registrar Homepage:
http://www.register.com

Domain Name: CAMBRIABIKE.COM

Created on..............: Sun, Jun 22, 1997 Expires
on..............: Mon, Apr 22, 2013 Record last
updated on..: Wed, Jul 16, 2003

Administrative Contact: Cambria Bicycle Outfitter Cambria
Bicycle Outfitter 2164 Center St Cambria, CA 93428-3020
US Phone: 805-927-5510 Email: [email protected]

NSLOOKUP Server: localhost Address: 127.0.0.1

Name: CAMBRIABIKE.COM Address: 207.159.131.245 HOST
http://www.interland.com

updated on..: Wed, Jul 16, 2003

Administrative Contact: Cambria Bicycle Outfitter Cambria
Bicycle Outfitter 2164 Center St Cambria, CA 93428-3020
US Phone: 805-927-5510 Email: [email protected]

NSLOOKUP Server: localhost Address: 127.0.0.1

Name: BIKESOURCE.COM Address: 66.241.235.247 HOST
http://www.hostmysite.com

Rick Onanian wrote:

> It sounds like bikesource.com is using Cambria's
> information for their domain name invalidly.

That's a bit far-fetched. Most likely, Cambria bought out
what was left of Bike Source, and continued the brand name
and web site. Perhaps I should give them a call, and get the
real story!

In any case, not publishing a physical address is a bad
sign. Anyone who does business with such an entity gets what
they deserve. If Cambria is indeed the entity behind the
bikesource.com website, they ought to say so. They don't
have to prominently advertise it, but there should be a link
to that info somewhere.

Matt O.

Rick Onanian wrote:

> It sounds like bikesource.com is using Cambria's
> information for their domain name invalidly.

That's a bit far-fetched. Most likely, Cambria bought out
what was left of Bike Source, and continued the brand name
and web site. Perhaps I should give them a call, and get the
real story!

In any case, not publishing a physical address is a bad
sign. Anyone who does business with such an entity gets what
they deserve. If Cambria is indeed the entity behind the
bikesource.com website, they ought to say so. They don't
have to prominently advertise it, but there should be a link
to that info somewhere.

Matt O.

I happen to be good friends with Sylvia Newsreader. She was
born Newsgroup, but married Arthur Newsreader in '62.

Little Nospam--the second of three kids, was born seven
weeks premature in the summer of '64. My! How he's
grown.....

(I'm in total agreement with Andres: "Beware of XX" posts
are incredibly valuable, but their value is _greatly_
diminished when the posters remain anonymous. Just my $0.02)

Neil

andres muro wrote

Matt O'Toole wrote:
> Rick Onanian wrote:
>

>>It sounds like bikesource.com is using Cambria's
>>information for their domain name invalidly.
>

> That's a bit far-fetched. Most likely, Cambria bought out
> what was left of Bike Source, and continued the brand name
> and web site. Perhaps I should give them a call, and get
> the real story!
>
> In any case, not publishing a physical address is a bad
> sign. Anyone who does business with such an entity gets
> what they deserve. If Cambria is indeed the entity behind
> the bikesource.com website, they ought to say so. They
> don't have to prominently advertise it, but there should
> be a link to that info somewhere.

Isn't Cambria, and several other sites, remnants of BikePro?

For the record, I use Cambria and my new fave Beyond Bikes
with 100% complete satisfaction. I've never used Bike Source
because I haven't heard a good thing about them since I
first became aware of them.

Cambria had Mavic 618s for sale, a model for which I don't
think Mavic has come up with a replacement.

Greg

Rick Onanian wrote:
> On Wed, 10 Mar 2004 15:13:16 GMT, webforumuser
> <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>>According to whois http://www.dns411.com bikesource.com is
>>Cambria Bicycle Outfitter 2164 Center St Cambria, CA 93428-
>>3020 Phone: 805-927-5510 Email: [email protected]
>

> Something is fishy. Cambria Bicycle Outfitter has that
> address and phone number, but not that email address, and
> is reputable. I'm very satisfied with Cambria; their
> customer service was great. My order was received quickly.
> There was one backordered item; when I decided that I
> didn't need it (I bought it elsewhere), I called and had
> it switched to another item, which was not in stock, but
> they got it and sent it to me quickly.
>
> It sounds like bikesource.com is using Cambria's
> information for their domain name invalidly.
> --
> Rick Onanian

I've had several online experiences where the online shops
treat the customer like they were a mushroom. But my
experience with Cambria has always been frank and above
board with no hassles.

Kenny Lee

G.T. wrote:

> Isn't Cambria, and several other sites, remnants of
> BikePro?
>
> For the record, I use Cambria and my new fave Beyond Bikes
> with 100% complete satisfaction. I've never used Bike
> Source because I haven't heard a good thing about them
> since I first became aware of them.
>
> Cambria had Mavic 618s for sale, a model for which I don't
> think Mavic has come up with a replacement.

Cambria Bicycle Outfitters is/was an actual bike shop in
Cambria, CA. They've had mail order ads in mountain bike
magazines going back to the late 80s at least. CBO has been
around a long time, so they must be doing something right.
Perhaps they've swallowed a few other businesses -- buying
up their remaining stock, URLs and phone numbers, and even
keeping the ads running.

Bike Source was once an actual bike shop too -- near UC
Irvine, then a couple of other locations around Irvine. It
was the worst bike shop I've ever set foot
in.

AFAIK, Bike Pro was a mail order only business somewhere in
the Bay Area.

Matt O.

Matt O'Toole wrote:
> G.T. wrote:
>

>>Isn't Cambria, and several other sites, remnants of
>>BikePro?
>>
>>For the record, I use Cambria and my new fave Beyond Bikes
>>with 100% complete satisfaction. I've never used Bike
>>Source because I haven't heard a good thing about them
>>since I first became aware of them.
>>
>>Cambria had Mavic 618s for sale, a model for which I don't
>>think Mavic has come up with a replacement.
>

> Cambria Bicycle Outfitters is/was an actual bike shop in
> Cambria, CA. They've had mail order ads in mountain bike
> magazines going back to the late 80s at least.

Yes, I rode with their original owner at Pozo Jct during a
visit to Paso Robles back in 1991.

> CBO has been around a long time, so they must be doing
> something right. Perhaps they've swallowed a few other
> businesses -- buying up their remaining stock, URLs and
> phone numbers, and even keeping the ads running.

As I recall they sold out to Clay of Bike Pro several years
ago. I could be hallucinating that, though.

> Bike Source was once an actual bike shop too -- near UC
> Irvine, then a couple of other locations around Irvine. It
> was the worst bike shop I've ever set foot
> in.

Yep, I went UCI, but long before any of that was built
across the street. I did take a look at their shop when I
stopped by there a few years ago.

> AFAIK, Bike Pro was a mail order only business somewhere
> in the Bay Area.

No, they had storefronts, one was in Santa Rosa, the 2nd one
was up in the in the Sierra foothills, IIRC. I worked at
Answer/Manitou in 1994 and we did no mailorder-only business
(at least while I was there).

Greg

"G.T." <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> Matt O'Toole wrote:
> > G.T. wrote:
> >

> >>Isn't Cambria, and several other sites, remnants of
> >>BikePro?
> >>
> >>For the record, I use Cambria and my new fave Beyond
> >>Bikes with 100% complete satisfaction. I've never used
> >>Bike Source because I haven't heard a good thing about
> >>them since I first became aware of them.
> >>
> >>Cambria had Mavic 618s for sale, a model for which I
> >>don't think Mavic has come up with a replacement.
> >

> > Cambria Bicycle Outfitters is/was an actual bike shop in
> > Cambria, CA. They've had mail order ads in mountain bike
> > magazines going back to the late 80s at least.
>
> Yes, I rode with their original owner at Pozo Jct during a
> visit to Paso Robles back in 1991.
>
> > CBO has been around a long time, so they must be doing
> > something right. Perhaps they've swallowed a few other
> > businesses -- buying up their remaining stock, URLs and
> > phone numbers, and even keeping the ads running.
> >

> As I recall they sold out to Clay of Bike Pro several
> years ago. I could be hallucinating that, though.
>
> > Bike Source was once an actual bike shop too -- near UC
> > Irvine, then a couple of other locations around Irvine.
> > It was the worst bike shop I've ever set foot
> > in.
> >

> Yep, I went UCI, but long before any of that was built
> across the street. I did take a look at their shop when I
> stopped by there a few years ago.
>
> > AFAIK, Bike Pro was a mail order only business somewhere
> > in the Bay Area.
> >

> No, they had storefronts, one was in Santa Rosa, the 2nd
> one was up in the in the Sierra foothills, IIRC. I worked
> at Answer/Manitou in 1994 and we did no mailorder-only
> business (at least while I was there).
>
> Greg

Dear Matt, Greg, and others,

I'm getting worried.

Has anyone ever actually seen Sheldon Brown and Andrew Muzi
together in the same place?

Oliver Stone

Carl Fogelized:

> Dear Matt, Greg, and others,
>
> I'm getting worried.
>
> Has anyone ever actually seen Sheldon Brown and Andrew
> Muzi together in the same place?
>
> Oliver Stone

Now, now, those two have had actual conversations here in
wreck.bikes, which plainly proves that they are two people,
because otherwise, um. . .

Oh, never mind.

Emily Latella

--
Ted Bennett Portland OR

"Matt O'Toole" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> Rick Onanian wrote:
>
> > It sounds like bikesource.com is using Cambria's
> > information for their domain name invalidly.
>
> That's a bit far-fetched. Most likely, Cambria bought out
> what was left of Bike Source, and continued the brand name
> and web site. Perhaps I should give them a call, and get
> the real story!
>
> In any case, not publishing a physical address is a bad
> sign. Anyone who does business with such an entity gets
> what they deserve. If Cambria is indeed the entity behind
> the bikesource.com website, they ought to say so. They
> don't have to prominently advertise it, but there should
> be a link to that info somewhere.
>
> Matt O.

Hi, I too have had good service from CBO, on at least three
occasions. They carry the best selection of Ultegra 9-speed
cassettes, that I have found, including 14-25 and 13-23.
Anyway, I have no opinion on bikesource.com, but they do
have an address on their website. It is under FAQ/Help:
BikeSource Returns - (Put your authorization number here)
1645 Commerce Way Paso Robles, CA 93446 USA

I also appreciate getting a heads up, on poorly run
business. I am a bit suspicious when it is posted
anonymously. Jeff