Biking Helmets?

ZXD22

Mar 21, 2015
USA, MA, Cape Cod
What brand of helmets do you guys prefer? I just went shopping at ****'s Sporting Goods and got myself a brand new Nikishi Soccorro helmet. It does the trick for me and it looks nice and stylish. What about you guys?

I'm not brand specific. I just got a red cycling helmet that was available at a good price, about $40, when I got my first adult bike 5 years ago. I don't think it matters that much which brand you buy, a long a it's not some cheap one from China that may or may not be made correctly and therefore may or may not actually offer you protection in the event of an accident.

I use a Giro but I have read there are many highly rated cheaper helmets. Being a snob I use the Giro.

Quote by JH:
"Being a snob I use the Giro."

I'm so snobbish, I wear my Giro while it's in its pod.

I'm not brand specific either but due to my oblong head not all helmets fit it. I found out a few years ago Lazer brand fits oblong heads so I tried one and it was the only one I found that fit in 4 different bike shops I went to, there are others that will fit but I don't know which ones those are. But fit is the most important aspect to a helmet.

I've got an assortment of modern aero Bell, Giro, Specialized in different colors.
My favorite though is one of those old School Bell 'Jungle Jim' looking things from the 70s. I wear it w/my most 'Fredly' looking cycling gear. Knee high socks(white w/a single stripe), platforms w/toe clips, cargo pants, t-shirt, knit gloves, etc.
Found a Schwinn 'bike boom' 10 speed road bike w/stem shifting and 'suicide' levers. Got it at a thriftstore for 15.00. Ride it on the local MUP in this outfit. It's fun and always garners attention. Kind of like a great Halloween outfit. lol