biking in hampshire

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Felip Garcia, Aug 15, 2003.

  1. Felip Garcia

    Felip Garcia Guest

    Hi all,

    I love mountain biking but is always difficult to find people to ride with. I was wonderig if there
    is any people here who usually ride in the basingstoke area or anywere in hampshire and could show
    me some nice routes.

    Thanks in advance

    Felip

    Tags:

  2. Mark Webb

    Mark Webb Guest

    I used to ride around the Leith Hill area in Surrey for a while before moving across the pond.

    Might be a bit further than you want, but there are some great trails (and pubs) around there

  3. Jd

    Jd Guest

    "Felip Garcia" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<LV8%[email protected]>...
    > Hi all,
    >
    > I love mountain biking but is always difficult to find people to ride with. I was wonderig if
    > there is any people here who usually ride in the basingstoke area or anywere in hampshire and
    > could show me some nice routes.
    >
    > Thanks in advance
    >
    > Felip

    Look for a bike club, or check local shops for shop rides.

    JD

  4. Bomba

    Bomba Guest

    Felip Garcia wrote:
    > Hi all,
    >
    > I love mountain biking but is always difficult to find people to ride with. I was wonderig if
    > there is any people here who usually ride in the basingstoke area or anywere in hampshire and
    > could show me some nice routes.
    >
    > Thanks in advance

    Log on to www.singletrackworld.co.uk and ask in the forum there.

  5. M

    M Guest

    Felip Garcia" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:LV8%[email protected]...
    > Hi all,
    >
    > I love mountain biking but is always difficult to find people to ride
    with.
    > I was wonderig if there is any people here who usually ride in the basingstoke area or anywere in
    > hampshire and could show me some nice
    routes.

    > Thanks in advance
    >
    > Felip

    I think the best mountainbiking around Basingstoke can be found at Kingsclere, I'm sure there's
    local mountain bike group there that meet each weekend but I'm not sure of the details. Also have a
    look at http://www.hants.gov.uk/cycling/routes.html for route ideas, I can recommend the Watership
    down route.

  6. Beej

    Beej Guest

    "M" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Felip Garcia" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:LV8%[email protected]...
    > > Hi all,
    > >
    > > I love mountain biking but is always difficult to find people to ride
    > with.
    > > I was wonderig if there is any people here who usually ride in the basingstoke area or anywere
    > > in hampshire and could show me some nice
    > routes.
    > >
    > > Thanks in advance
    > >
    > > Felip
    > >

    > I think the best mountainbiking around Basingstoke can be found at Kingsclere, I'm sure there's
    > local mountain bike group there that meet
    each
    > weekend but I'm not sure of the details. Also have a look at
    > http://www.hants.gov.uk/cycling/routes.html for route ideas, I can
    recommend
    > the Watership down route.

    I've ridden parts of the Watership Down route and it's OK - not too technical, a few climbs. The
    Whitchurch route (on the same site mentioned by
    M) takes in parts of Wayfarer's Walk on the western side of the A34 - this has a couple of
    good sections.

    For local groups try your LBS - I was in Bike Brothers in Basingstoke town centre at the weekend and
    got chatting to a bloke who rides a couple of times a week, and was looking for others to ride with
    (I couldn't help - Basingstoke isn't very local for me). If you ask at the shop they'll probably be
    able to point you in the right direction.