Biking SF's Steepest Streets: Movie & Podcast

Here is the interview we did last week with Frank Chan the man who
powered up the six steepest streets in San Francisco:

http://nationalbicyclegreenway.com/Podcasts/FrankChan6-06.mp3

In it, we talk with him about his short film (5:10) before he then
tells us what it's like to ride a bike in San Francisco. If you want to
hear what others are saying about pedaling a bike The City, go to the SF
cell at our 2006 Mayors' Ride schedule/scorecard at:
http://www.bikeroute.com/NationalMayorsRide2006

There you can also see the fun movie Frank made of himself hammering
ascents (Filbert St as well as 22nd St.) that reach as high as 31.5%.
The only street steeper on the North American continent is Canton Ave.
in Pittsburgh, PA at 37%. If you want to go straight to Frank's movie:
http://www.chanarchy.com/rhr/video/russian-hill-roulette-20051114.mpg

THX 4 all of U!!

Martin Krieg "Awake Again" Author
http://www.BikeRoute.com/MKRIEG.HTML
'79 & '86 TransAmerica Bike Rides
2007 w/"How America Can Bike & Grow Rich"
Coma, Paralysis, Clinical Death Survivor
NBG Founding Director, HiWheel Cyclist

After a little more research, the last paragraph s/read:

At our schedule/scorecard, you can also see the fun movie Frank made of
himself hammering ascents (Filbert St as well as 22nd St.) that reach as
high as 31.5%. The only streets steeper on the North American continent
are Canton Ave. in Pittsburgh, PA at 37% while in Los Angeles Eldred
Street reaches 33% as Fargo, Ewing and Duane streets there also have
grades in the 32% range.

In article
<[email protected]>,
[email protected] wrote:

> Here is the interview we did last week with Frank Chan the man who
> powered up the six steepest streets in San Francisco:
>
> http://nationalbicyclegreenway.com/Podcasts/FrankChan6-06.mp3
>
> In it, we talk with him about his short film (5:10) before he then
> tells us what it's like to ride a bike in San Francisco. If you want to
> hear what others are saying about pedaling a bike The City, go to the SF
> cell at our 2006 Mayors' Ride schedule/scorecard at:
> http://www.bikeroute.com/NationalMayorsRide2006
>
> There you can also see the fun movie Frank made of himself hammering
> ascents (Filbert St as well as 22nd St.) that reach as high as 31.5%.
> The only street steeper on the North American continent is Canton Ave.
> in Pittsburgh, PA at 37%. If you want to go straight to Frank's movie:
> http://www.chanarchy.com/rhr/video/russian-hill-roulette-20051114.mpg
>
> THX 4 all of U!!

54% of New York City households do not own cars