Biking Survey

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Jose R. Aragon

Fellow Bikers,

I'm an MBA student at the Kellogg School of Management doing some research on a potential business
idea. If you have a few minutes (10 or less) to take an on-line survey I'd appreciate it.

The survey is resident on a Northwestern University server and I have no way of tracking you down if
you click the survey link below:

http://www9.kellogg.nwu.edu/student/jaragon2003/jaragon2003%21Run%20Flat%20M
tn%20Bike%20Tires.poll.html

If you have any questions for me, I can be reached at jaragon2003 at kellogg.northwestern.edu.

Thanks, Jose

Jose R. Aragon, Jr. Toigo Fellow, Class of 2003
J.L. Kellogg School of Management Northwestern University

"Jose R. Aragon Jr." <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Fellow Bikers,
>
> I'm an MBA student at the Kellogg School of Management doing some research on a potential business
> idea. If you have a few minutes (10 or less) to take an on-line survey I'd appreciate it.
>
> The survey is resident on a Northwestern University server and I have no
way
> of tracking you down if you click the survey link below:
>
>
> tn%20Bike%20Tires.poll.html
>
> If you have any questions for me, I can be reached at jaragon2003 at kellogg.northwestern.edu.
>
> Thanks, Jose
>
> Jose R. Aragon, Jr. Toigo Fellow, Class of 2003
> J.L. Kellogg School of Management Northwestern University

"Jose R. Aragon Jr." <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Fellow Bikers,
>
> I'm an MBA student at the Kellogg School of Management doing some research on a potential business
> idea. If you have a few minutes (10 or less) to take an on-line survey I'd appreciate it.
>
> The survey is resident on a Northwestern University server and I have no
way
> of tracking you down if you click the survey link below:
>
>
> tn%20Bike%20Tires.poll.html
>
> If you have any questions for me, I can be reached at jaragon2003 at kellogg.northwestern.edu.
>
> Thanks, Jose
>
> Jose R. Aragon, Jr. Toigo Fellow, Class of 2003
> J.L. Kellogg School of Management Northwestern University

Here's some free advice: Pre-test the survey before you send it out.

1. The survey assumes you have only one bike.

2. Question 5 assumes you would purchase tires or tubes only in one outlet. That's unlikely. It also
omits on-line and catalog retailers like Nashbar, which seem to do a lot of tire/tube business
from the space these items take up in their catalogs/websites. The question is worthless.

3. Question 10 is "Do you currently have puncture-resistant tires on your bike?" What do you mean by
puncture-resistant? Do you mean a kevlar belt, or a reverse tread? What about airless tires?
These aren't "puncture-resistant" -- they can't puncture at all. Should we count things that
might ordinarily be thought of as tubes, not tires, but which have puncture-resistant qualities:
slime tubes, thornproof tubes? What about things that are neither tubes nor tires, such as Mr
Tuffy tire liners?

4. Question 12 says: "A "Run-Flat Tire" would remain inflated after a puncture to allow you to
finish your ride." I'm lost here. If it remains inflated, in what sense is it flat?

How would it be different from a slime tube, in which a puncture is either not noticeable, or
results in the bike stabilizing at a lower PSI than normal (assuming the slime is effective against
the puncture)?

"Mike Kruger" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...

> Here's some free advice: Pre-test the survey before you send it out.

Ain't that the truth.

Mike gave some good suggestions, here's another one:

"How much did you pay for your bike?" Big difference here is when you bought it -- or do you figure
that if you spent $500 in 1985 that's the same as $500 today?

> 1. The survey assumes you have only one bike.

And then, are you answering the questions for just your mountain bike, or for all the bikes you own?

Warm Regards,

Claire

Status
Not open for further replies.