Biking Tattoo

"Zoot Katz" wrote: (clip) Heat that puppy up with the propane torch, grab
one end with a pliers and wrap that red-hot sucker around your arm. (clip)
^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Zoot, there's something about your suggestion that does not appeal to me.
Oh! I know what it is. I would prefer that the image of the chain show the
side plates and rivets--not the edges, which won't work, using your
otherwise very appealing method.

It would work on a necklace though. Let's see whether anyone reports trying
it.

In article <[email protected]>,
Zoot Katz <[email protected]> writes:
> On Wed, 11 Jan 2006 18:34:59 GMT, "Leo Lichtman"
> <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>>"me" I am looking for a biking related tattoo... suggestions??
>>^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>>How about a bicycle chain, tattoo'ed around your wrist like a bracelet?

> Just get a real one. Heat that puppy up with the propane torch, grab
> one end with a pliers and wrap that red-hot sucker around your arm.
> Take it off and, presto! Marked for life. Cheap, sterile, and quick.
>
> Just a suggestion, mind you.

I'm more into bicycle jewelry.
Mainly I just wear a real bike whenever I can.

As for body markings, I guess getting tan marks
from cycling gloves is a more organic and
painless approach.

I wonder what happens when one gets road rash on
a tattoo.

cheers,
Tom

--
-- Nothing is safe from me.
Above address is just a spam midden.

DC1999 wrote:
> Where can one get such a temporary tattoo? (One permanent one was
> enough for me -- a monkey smoking a joint -- now a symbol of my
> dissolute youth!)
>
> Dave C

Beats me but every once in a while I see them around. The tatooed
receptionists at the hotel in Bath were most impressive but then I
learned they (the tatoos that is) were only decals.

Maybe novelty shops or even a tattoo parlour?

John Kane, Kingston ON Canada

>> Where can one get such a temporary tattoo? (One permanent one was
>> enough for me -- a monkey smoking a joint -- now a symbol of my
>> dissolute youth!)

make your own. Look for "Invent It! body sticker tattoos".
You print them on an inkjet printer.
--
mac the naïf

Tom Keats wrote:
> In article <[email protected]>,
> Zoot Katz <[email protected]> writes:
> > On Wed, 11 Jan 2006 18:34:59 GMT, "Leo Lichtman"
> > <[email protected]> wrote:
> >
> >>"me" I am looking for a biking related tattoo... suggestions??
> >>^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
> >>How about a bicycle chain, tattoo'ed around your wrist like a bracelet?

> > Just get a real one. Heat that puppy up with the propane torch, grab
> > one end with a pliers and wrap that red-hot sucker around your arm.
> > Take it off and, presto! Marked for life. Cheap, sterile, and quick.
> >
> > Just a suggestion, mind you.

> I'm more into bicycle jewelry.
> Mainly I just wear a real bike whenever I can.
>
> As for body markings, I guess getting tan marks
> from cycling gloves is a more organic and
> painless approach.
>
> I wonder what happens when one gets road rash on
> a tattoo.

It depends on how deep the skin damage is. If you get a scar across a
tat you are likely to lose the tattoo there. Minor abrasions may make
the picture fuzzier but if you don't actually damage the underlying
skin layers it should be fine.

(Not that I have any tattoos but when the doctors finally sign off on
my bad leg through to the completion of any plastic surgery I'm going
to do _something_ to the remaining scars.)

<[email protected]> wrote: (clip) I'm going to do _something_ to
the remaining scars.)
Intriguing idea. Turn a scar into a sculpture! Pictures, please, when it's
done.

me wrote:
> I am looking for a biking related tattoo... suggestions??

When I am tempted to get a tat, I just remind myself of my dad's ship
anchor tatto he got in the Navy. It is now just a blue black blur.