Bill "road weenie?" S.

SuperPoo

Guest
Hey Bill,

Are you the same Bill Sornson that won the letter of the month in this
month's Mountain Bike mag. asking them to save you from road-weenieness by
awarding you some pedals?

Steve

SuperPoo wrote:
> Hey Bill,
>
> Are you the same Bill Sornson that won the letter of the month in this
> month's Mountain Bike mag. asking them to save you from
> road-weenieness by awarding you some pedals?
>
> Steve

Ooh... public humiliation...
--
Phil, Squid-in-Training

On Sun, 02 Apr 2006 08:25:05 -0700, SuperPoo <[email protected]> wrote:

> Hey Bill,
>
> Are you the same Bill Sornson that won the letter of the month in this
> month's Mountain Bike mag. asking them to save you from road-weenieness
> by
> awarding you some pedals?
>
> Steve

He can't answer right now, he's out riding his road-wiener :-D
_____
Slack

SuperPoo wrote:
> Hey Bill,
>
> Are you the same Bill Sornson that won the letter of the month in this
> month's Mountain Bike mag. asking them to save you from
> road-weenieness by awarding you some pedals?
>
> Steve

roflmao.....

SuperPoo wrote:
> Hey Bill,
>
> Are you the same Bill Sornson that won the letter of the month in this
> month's Mountain Bike mag. asking them to save you from
> road-weenieness by awarding you some pedals?

HA! I didn't see this because I was out MOUNTAIN biking today! So there!
(But yeah, I won some Eggbeaters that have yet to come. Don't even remember
what I wrote, to tell you the truth. I plead the Fifth.)

Bill "witless protection" S.

On Sun, 02 Apr 2006 18:32:05 -0700, Sorni
<[email protected]> wrote:

> SuperPoo wrote:
>> Hey Bill,
>>
>> Are you the same Bill Sornson that won the letter of the month in this
>> month's Mountain Bike mag. asking them to save you from
>> road-weenieness by awarding you some pedals?

> HA! I didn't see this because I was out MOUNTAIN biking today! So
> there!

Yeah, right... the day after it was raining!

> (But yeah, I won some Eggbeaters that have yet to come. Don't even
> remember
> what I wrote, to tell you the truth. I plead the Fifth.)

You're a writer for cry'n out loud... there's nothing you've ever written
that you don't remember!
____
Slack

Slack wrote:
> On Sun, 02 Apr 2006 18:32:05 -0700, Sorni
> <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>> SuperPoo wrote:
>>> Hey Bill,
>>>
>>> Are you the same Bill Sornson that won the letter of the month in
>>> this month's Mountain Bike mag. asking them to save you from
>>> road-weenieness by awarding you some pedals?

>> HA! I didn't see this because I was out MOUNTAIN biking today! So
>> there!

> Yeah, right... the day after it was raining!

Say wha? Didn't get no steenkin' rain down here in San Diego yesterday!
(Or at least not very much.)

JFTR, I rode with my friend Ken at "Sweetwater Preserve" -- trails were in
perfect condition (unlike the two riders). Not a great place it turned out,
but hard and fun enough for a good Sunday afternoon thrash.

>> (But yeah, I won some Eggbeaters that have yet to come. Don't even
>> remember
>> what I wrote, to tell you the truth. I plead the Fifth.)

> You're a writer for cry'n out loud... there's nothing you've ever
> written that you don't remember!

Actually, it was probably good* because I DIDN'T think about it -- just
banged it out and hit 'Send'. (Unlike my intro to you, when I quipped
something about a "Slacker on a Joker" and you took offense :)

Bill "and if you have a Fox fork, DON'T TAKE THAT LEAK SITTING DOWN! {tm}"
S.

*Wasn't THAT good, as I won an $80 prize (swapped for EBs), and others won
friggin' $300 ti pedals. Wah.

On Sun, 02 Apr 2006 18:50:36 -0700, Sorni
<[email protected]> wrote:

> Slack wrote:
>> On Sun, 02 Apr 2006 18:32:05 -0700, Sorni
>> <[email protected]> wrote:

>>> HA! I didn't see this because I was out MOUNTAIN biking today! So
>>> there!

>> Yeah, right... the day after it was raining!

> Say wha? Didn't get no steenkin' rain down here in San Diego yesterday!
> (Or at least not very much.)
>
> JFTR, I rode with my friend Ken at "Sweetwater Preserve" -- trails were
> in
> perfect condition (unlike the two riders). Not a great place it turned
> out,
> but hard and fun enough for a good Sunday afternoon thrash.
>
>>> (But yeah, I won some Eggbeaters that have yet to come. Don't even
>>> remember
>>> what I wrote, to tell you the truth. I plead the Fifth.)

>> You're a writer for cry'n out loud... there's nothing you've ever
>> written that you don't remember!

> Actually, it was probably good* because I DIDN'T think about it -- just
> banged it out and hit 'Send'. (Unlike my intro to you, when I quipped
> something about a "Slacker on a Joker" and you took offense :)

hahahaha... I still remember that :)

> Bill "and if you have a Fox fork, DON'T TAKE THAT LEAK SITTING DOWN!
> {tm}"
> S.
>
> *Wasn't THAT good, as I won an $80 prize (swapped for EBs), and others
> won
> friggin' $300 ti pedals. Wah.

:-D

SuperPoo wrote:
> Hey Bill,
>
> Are you the same Bill Sornson that won the letter of the month in this
> month's Mountain Bike mag. asking them to save you from road-weenieness by
> awarding you some pedals?
>
> Steve

The devil made him do it.

JD

"SuperPoo" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> Hey Bill,
>
> Are you the same Bill Sornson that won the letter of the month in this
> month's Mountain Bike mag. asking them to save you from road-weenieness by
> awarding you some pedals?
>
> Steve

Who cares, he won free bike stuff, that's all the matters. I would stoop as
low as claiming that I was a recumbent rider <cringe> in order to win free
bike stuff...

- CA-G
never have been, never will be...

Can-Am Girls Kick Ass!

Sorni wrote:
> SuperPoo wrote:
>> Hey Bill,
>>
>> Are you the same Bill Sornson that won the letter of the month in this
>> month's Mountain Bike mag. asking them to save you from
>> road-weenieness by awarding you some pedals?

> HA! I didn't see this because I was out MOUNTAIN biking today! So there!
> (But yeah, I won some Eggbeaters that have yet to come. Don't even remember
> what I wrote, to tell you the truth. I plead the Fifth.)

I'm horrified.

Not only do you read MTB mags, you sent them a letter.

What next, details about your competitive macramé
background?

p e t e f a g e r l i n wrote:
> Sorni wrote:
>> SuperPoo wrote:
>>> Hey Bill,
>>>
>>> Are you the same Bill Sornson that won the letter of the month in
>>> this month's Mountain Bike mag. asking them to save you from
>>> road-weenieness by awarding you some pedals?

>> HA! I didn't see this because I was out MOUNTAIN biking today! So
>> there! (But yeah, I won some Eggbeaters that have yet to come. Don't even
>> remember what I wrote, to tell you the truth. I plead
>> the Fifth.)

> I'm horrified.
>
> Not only do you read MTB mags, you sent them a letter.

Au contraire. 'Twas all electronic (and through "Buy Cycling" mag not MTB
IIRC). I think I got an e-mail and entered a contest. I don't read or
subscribe to /any/ mags at the moment.

> What next, details about your competitive macramé
> background?

No idea what that means.

Bill "still waiting on those EBs" S.

> p e t e f a g e r l i n wrote:
>
> > What next, details about your competitive macramé
> > background?

> No idea what that means.

Oh, don't be so modest. We know you have a couple of national championships
along with your world championship.

Greg

G.T. wrote:
> "Sorni" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>> p e t e f a g e r l i n wrote:
>>
>>> What next, details about your competitive macramé
>>> background?

>> No idea what that means.
>>

> Oh, don't be so modest. We know you have a couple of national
> championships along with your world championship.

"Blossom" promoter!

<eg>

> Who cares, he won free bike stuff, that's all the matters. I would stoop
> as
> low as claiming that I was a recumbent rider <cringe> in order to win free
> bike stuff...
>
> - CA-G
> never have been, never will be...
>
> Can-Am Girls Kick Ass!

Someone who says it like it is. Remember, on the internet, you can say about
anything.
And win bike swag at the same time!!
oh, and I've never read a bike magazine...........

Drew

"Carla A-G" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> "SuperPoo" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>> Hey Bill,
>>
>> Are you the same Bill Sornson that won the letter of the month in this
>> month's Mountain Bike mag. asking them to save you from road-weenieness
>> by
>> awarding you some pedals?
>>
>> Steve

> Who cares, he won free bike stuff, that's all the matters. I would stoop
> as
> low as claiming that I was a recumbent rider <cringe> in order to win free
> bike stuff...
>
> - CA-G
> never have been, never will be...
>
> Can-Am Girls Kick Ass!

No fun was being made on my part. I was the one reading the lowly mag. so I
don't have too much room to talk. Truth be told, my road bike has seen more
light of day this past year than my mountain bike.

Steve

I read it last night. Great letter. I always knew you for a closet
leg-shaving, gram-counting roadie. Maybe those pedals will help bring
you back... ;~D

CDB

Paladin wrote:
> I read it last night. Great letter. I always knew you for a closet
> leg-shaving, gram-counting roadie. Maybe those pedals will help bring
> you back... ;~D

Anyone wanna clue me in on what I wrote? LOL Seriously, I didn't keep a
copy and have no idea (other than the gist that I'm a...well, you described
it fairly well!)...

Bill "JFTR, my diet's horrid and I've never shave anything other than the
mug" S.

Sorni wrote:
> Paladin wrote:
> > I read it last night. Great letter. I always knew you for a closet
> > leg-shaving, gram-counting roadie. Maybe those pedals will help bring
> > you back... ;~D

> Anyone wanna clue me in on what I wrote? LOL Seriously, I didn't keep a
> copy and have no idea (other than the gist that I'm a...well, you described
> it fairly well!)...
>
> Bill "JFTR, my diet's horrid and I've never shave anything other than the
> mug" S.

Don't feel too bad. To win some swag (received yesterday, and better
than I expected) I said I'd give up sex for a year. It just gets (much)
worse from there. From
http://www.bicycling.com/article/0,3253,s1-14575,00.html?category_id=441:

"Contest Results In, And You All Scare Me

Thanks to everyone for playing in last week's contest about what you'd
give up to stand on Alpe d'Huez during the Tour. I actually got more
year of sex? Perhaps it's my fault for even asking the question, but
some of you got a bit, um, explicit in the answers and I just didn't
need to know that.

But anyway, our winner is Scott Gordon, who is probably the biggest
George Hincapie fan I've ever seen because he would give up sex for a
year to A) see George Hincapie win Paris-Roubaix and B) be a Disco
teammate of George's who sacrifices his own opportunity to win to
support his team leader. That's dedication. No, it's a full-blown man
crush. The entry, in full, because it's too good not to print:

"The Mons-en-Pevele cobbles are rain-slicked, it's freezing cold, and
gusts of wind are wrecking umbrellas everywhere. Our faces caked in
mud, our knees and elbows bloodied. I'm protecting George at the front
of the field. Boonen bursts off the front. Maggie and I make the jump.
I duck behind Maggie as he pulls. In the mighty Swede's slipstream, I'm
feeling warm and comfortable for the first time all day. Recharged.
Maggie pulls off, and I'm in a dream world. My legs are no longer
pumping but spinning. I'm thinking of sunny days, the ocean, I hear
music and laughter. By the time I snap back to reality, I find that
I've dropped George and everyone else. Over the radio static and
dropout, I can make out only that it's Johan and he's yelling. Do I
break away and force a chase? Do I drop back to George? 40km left....I
ease up. Flecha passes first, then Thor, Boonen, and Nico. George
doesn't look at me - he's focused. He looks solid. Everybody's taking a
crack off the front but nothing serious until we hit Gruson, when
Boonen drops into a big gear and guns it. Flecha flats almost
immediately and I have to swerve around him. George is drafting but
some of the others get tangled up. Maggie's showing some strain as he's
wincing and squaring off. As Boonen drops he tells George that I've got
to go or he won't work. George, remembering Domo, doesn't respond.

Boonen attacks again and again, but there's four of us heading into the
drome. It's in the bag. Boonen and Maggie are jockeying for position,
but George has too much in the tank for them. He goes into a sprint
just a few meters in and wins it by a mile.

Once I cross the line I realize just how cold and exhausted and
exhilarated I am. I'm not on the podium, but as a 35-year-old rookie
I've opened a lot of eyes. "Mostly," I tell reporters, 'I ride the
streets in NYC. It's good training.' I move to Belgium, where I'll
never have to buy a beer again."

Honestly, it makes me teary. I'm scared to ask what Scott would give up
to see George win the Tour. It also makes me sad that I have no
Hincapie Sportswear to give to Mr. Gordon, although he will get the bag
of Schwinn Schwag. Hey George? How 'bout it? Can you style our man?"

Scott Gordo wrote:
> Sorni wrote:
>> Paladin wrote:
>>> I read it last night. Great letter. I always knew you for a closet
>>> leg-shaving, gram-counting roadie. Maybe those pedals will help
>>> bring you back... ;~D

>> Anyone wanna clue me in on what I wrote? LOL Seriously, I didn't
>> keep a copy and have no idea (other than the gist that I'm a...well,
>> you described it fairly well!)...
>>
>> Bill "JFTR, my diet's horrid and I've never shave anything other
>> than the mug" S.

> Don't feel too bad. To win some swag (received yesterday, and better
> than I expected) I said I'd give up sex for a year. It just gets
> (much) worse from there. From
> http://www.bicycling.com/article/0,3253,s1-14575,00.html?category_id=441:

{click link to read snipped text}

Wow. See, I'm not THAT kind of roadie at all! As with most of my
activities, just a hapless hacker...

Bill "I /do/ know who George Hincapie is, though" S.