Bill "road weenie?" S.

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by SuperPoo, Apr 2, 2006.

  1. SuperPoo

    SuperPoo Guest

    Hey Bill,

    Are you the same Bill Sornson that won the letter of the month in this
    month's Mountain Bike mag. asking them to save you from road-weenieness by
    awarding you some pedals?

    Steve

    Tags:

  2. SuperPoo wrote:
    > Hey Bill,
    >
    > Are you the same Bill Sornson that won the letter of the month in this
    > month's Mountain Bike mag. asking them to save you from
    > road-weenieness by awarding you some pedals?
    >
    > Steve

    Ooh... public humiliation...
    --
    Phil, Squid-in-Training

  3. Slack

    Slack Guest

    On Sun, 02 Apr 2006 08:25:05 -0700, SuperPoo <[email protected]> wrote:

    > Hey Bill,
    >
    > Are you the same Bill Sornson that won the letter of the month in this
    > month's Mountain Bike mag. asking them to save you from road-weenieness
    > by
    > awarding you some pedals?
    >
    > Steve

    He can't answer right now, he's out riding his road-wiener :-D
    _____
    Slack

  4. small change

    small change Guest

    SuperPoo wrote:
    > Hey Bill,
    >
    > Are you the same Bill Sornson that won the letter of the month in this
    > month's Mountain Bike mag. asking them to save you from
    > road-weenieness by awarding you some pedals?
    >
    > Steve

    roflmao.....

  5. Sorni

    Sorni Guest

    SuperPoo wrote:
    > Hey Bill,
    >
    > Are you the same Bill Sornson that won the letter of the month in this
    > month's Mountain Bike mag. asking them to save you from
    > road-weenieness by awarding you some pedals?

    HA! I didn't see this because I was out MOUNTAIN biking today! So there!
    (But yeah, I won some Eggbeaters that have yet to come. Don't even remember
    what I wrote, to tell you the truth. I plead the Fifth.)

    Bill "witless protection" S.

  6. Slack

    Slack Guest

    On Sun, 02 Apr 2006 18:32:05 -0700, Sorni
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    > SuperPoo wrote:
    >> Hey Bill,
    >>
    >> Are you the same Bill Sornson that won the letter of the month in this
    >> month's Mountain Bike mag. asking them to save you from
    >> road-weenieness by awarding you some pedals?

    > HA! I didn't see this because I was out MOUNTAIN biking today! So
    > there!

    Yeah, right... the day after it was raining!

    > (But yeah, I won some Eggbeaters that have yet to come. Don't even
    > remember
    > what I wrote, to tell you the truth. I plead the Fifth.)

    You're a writer for cry'n out loud... there's nothing you've ever written
    that you don't remember!
    ____
    Slack

  7. Sorni

    Sorni Guest

    Slack wrote:
    > On Sun, 02 Apr 2006 18:32:05 -0700, Sorni
    > <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    >> SuperPoo wrote:
    >>> Hey Bill,
    >>>
    >>> Are you the same Bill Sornson that won the letter of the month in
    >>> this month's Mountain Bike mag. asking them to save you from
    >>> road-weenieness by awarding you some pedals?

    >> HA! I didn't see this because I was out MOUNTAIN biking today! So
    >> there!

    > Yeah, right... the day after it was raining!

    Say wha? Didn't get no steenkin' rain down here in San Diego yesterday!
    (Or at least not very much.)

    JFTR, I rode with my friend Ken at "Sweetwater Preserve" -- trails were in
    perfect condition (unlike the two riders). Not a great place it turned out,
    but hard and fun enough for a good Sunday afternoon thrash.

    >> (But yeah, I won some Eggbeaters that have yet to come. Don't even
    >> remember
    >> what I wrote, to tell you the truth. I plead the Fifth.)

    > You're a writer for cry'n out loud... there's nothing you've ever
    > written that you don't remember!

    Actually, it was probably good* because I DIDN'T think about it -- just
    banged it out and hit 'Send'. (Unlike my intro to you, when I quipped
    something about a "Slacker on a Joker" and you took offense :)

    Bill "and if you have a Fox fork, DON'T TAKE THAT LEAK SITTING DOWN! {tm}"
    S.

    *Wasn't THAT good, as I won an $80 prize (swapped for EBs), and others won
    friggin' $300 ti pedals. Wah.

  8. Slack

    Slack Guest

    On Sun, 02 Apr 2006 18:50:36 -0700, Sorni
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    > Slack wrote:
    >> On Sun, 02 Apr 2006 18:32:05 -0700, Sorni
    >> <[email protected]> wrote:

    >>> HA! I didn't see this because I was out MOUNTAIN biking today! So
    >>> there!

    >> Yeah, right... the day after it was raining!

    > Say wha? Didn't get no steenkin' rain down here in San Diego yesterday!
    > (Or at least not very much.)
    >
    > JFTR, I rode with my friend Ken at "Sweetwater Preserve" -- trails were
    > in
    > perfect condition (unlike the two riders). Not a great place it turned
    > out,
    > but hard and fun enough for a good Sunday afternoon thrash.
    >
    >>> (But yeah, I won some Eggbeaters that have yet to come. Don't even
    >>> remember
    >>> what I wrote, to tell you the truth. I plead the Fifth.)

    >> You're a writer for cry'n out loud... there's nothing you've ever
    >> written that you don't remember!

    > Actually, it was probably good* because I DIDN'T think about it -- just
    > banged it out and hit 'Send'. (Unlike my intro to you, when I quipped
    > something about a "Slacker on a Joker" and you took offense :)

    hahahaha... I still remember that :)

    > Bill "and if you have a Fox fork, DON'T TAKE THAT LEAK SITTING DOWN!
    > {tm}"
    > S.
    >
    > *Wasn't THAT good, as I won an $80 prize (swapped for EBs), and others
    > won
    > friggin' $300 ti pedals. Wah.

    :-D

  9. JD

    JD Guest

    SuperPoo wrote:
    > Hey Bill,
    >
    > Are you the same Bill Sornson that won the letter of the month in this
    > month's Mountain Bike mag. asking them to save you from road-weenieness by
    > awarding you some pedals?
    >
    > Steve

    The devil made him do it.

    JD

  10. Carla A-G

    Carla A-G Guest

    "SuperPoo" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > Hey Bill,
    >
    > Are you the same Bill Sornson that won the letter of the month in this
    > month's Mountain Bike mag. asking them to save you from road-weenieness by
    > awarding you some pedals?
    >
    > Steve

    Who cares, he won free bike stuff, that's all the matters. I would stoop as
    low as claiming that I was a recumbent rider <cringe> in order to win free
    bike stuff...

    - CA-G
    never have been, never will be...

    Can-Am Girls Kick Ass!

  11. Sorni wrote:
    > SuperPoo wrote:
    >> Hey Bill,
    >>
    >> Are you the same Bill Sornson that won the letter of the month in this
    >> month's Mountain Bike mag. asking them to save you from
    >> road-weenieness by awarding you some pedals?

    > HA! I didn't see this because I was out MOUNTAIN biking today! So there!
    > (But yeah, I won some Eggbeaters that have yet to come. Don't even remember
    > what I wrote, to tell you the truth. I plead the Fifth.)

    I'm horrified.

    Not only do you read MTB mags, you sent them a letter.

    What next, details about your competitive macramé
    background?

  12. Sorni

    Sorni Guest

    p e t e f a g e r l i n wrote:
    > Sorni wrote:
    >> SuperPoo wrote:
    >>> Hey Bill,
    >>>
    >>> Are you the same Bill Sornson that won the letter of the month in
    >>> this month's Mountain Bike mag. asking them to save you from
    >>> road-weenieness by awarding you some pedals?

    >> HA! I didn't see this because I was out MOUNTAIN biking today! So
    >> there! (But yeah, I won some Eggbeaters that have yet to come. Don't even
    >> remember what I wrote, to tell you the truth. I plead
    >> the Fifth.)

    > I'm horrified.
    >
    > Not only do you read MTB mags, you sent them a letter.

    Au contraire. 'Twas all electronic (and through "Buy Cycling" mag not MTB
    IIRC). I think I got an e-mail and entered a contest. I don't read or
    subscribe to /any/ mags at the moment.

    > What next, details about your competitive macramé
    > background?

    No idea what that means.

    Bill "still waiting on those EBs" S.

  13. G.T.

    G.T. Guest

    > p e t e f a g e r l i n wrote:
    >
    > > What next, details about your competitive macramé
    > > background?

    > No idea what that means.

    Oh, don't be so modest. We know you have a couple of national championships
    along with your world championship.

    Greg

  14. Sorni

    Sorni Guest

    G.T. wrote:
    > "Sorni" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]om...
    >> p e t e f a g e r l i n wrote:
    >>
    >>> What next, details about your competitive macramé
    >>> background?

    >> No idea what that means.
    >>

    > Oh, don't be so modest. We know you have a couple of national
    > championships along with your world championship.

    "Blossom" promoter!

    <eg>

  15. Drew

    Drew Guest

    > Who cares, he won free bike stuff, that's all the matters. I would stoop
    > as
    > low as claiming that I was a recumbent rider <cringe> in order to win free
    > bike stuff...
    >
    > - CA-G
    > never have been, never will be...
    >
    > Can-Am Girls Kick Ass!

    Someone who says it like it is. Remember, on the internet, you can say about
    anything.
    And win bike swag at the same time!!
    oh, and I've never read a bike magazine...........

    Drew

  16. SuperPoo

    SuperPoo Guest

    "Carla A-G" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > "SuperPoo" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]
    >> Hey Bill,
    >>
    >> Are you the same Bill Sornson that won the letter of the month in this
    >> month's Mountain Bike mag. asking them to save you from road-weenieness
    >> by
    >> awarding you some pedals?
    >>
    >> Steve

    > Who cares, he won free bike stuff, that's all the matters. I would stoop
    > as
    > low as claiming that I was a recumbent rider <cringe> in order to win free
    > bike stuff...
    >
    > - CA-G
    > never have been, never will be...
    >
    > Can-Am Girls Kick Ass!

    No fun was being made on my part. I was the one reading the lowly mag. so I
    don't have too much room to talk. Truth be told, my road bike has seen more
    light of day this past year than my mountain bike.

    Steve

  17. Paladin

    Paladin Guest

    I read it last night. Great letter. I always knew you for a closet
    leg-shaving, gram-counting roadie. Maybe those pedals will help bring
    you back... ;~D

    CDB

  18. Sorni

    Sorni Guest

    Paladin wrote:
    > I read it last night. Great letter. I always knew you for a closet
    > leg-shaving, gram-counting roadie. Maybe those pedals will help bring
    > you back... ;~D

    Anyone wanna clue me in on what I wrote? LOL Seriously, I didn't keep a
    copy and have no idea (other than the gist that I'm a...well, you described
    it fairly well!)...

    Bill "JFTR, my diet's horrid and I've never shave anything other than the
    mug" S.

  19. Scott Gordo

    Scott Gordo Guest

    Sorni wrote:
    > Paladin wrote:
    > > I read it last night. Great letter. I always knew you for a closet
    > > leg-shaving, gram-counting roadie. Maybe those pedals will help bring
    > > you back... ;~D

    > Anyone wanna clue me in on what I wrote? LOL Seriously, I didn't keep a
    > copy and have no idea (other than the gist that I'm a...well, you described
    > it fairly well!)...
    >
    > Bill "JFTR, my diet's horrid and I've never shave anything other than the
    > mug" S.

    Don't feel too bad. To win some swag (received yesterday, and better
    than I expected) I said I'd give up sex for a year. It just gets (much)
    worse from there. From
    http://www.bicycling.com/article/0,3253,s1-14575,00.html?category_id=441:

    "Contest Results In, And You All Scare Me

    Thanks to everyone for playing in last week's contest about what you'd
    give up to stand on Alpe d'Huez during the Tour. I actually got more
    year of sex? Perhaps it's my fault for even asking the question, but
    some of you got a bit, um, explicit in the answers and I just didn't
    need to know that.

    But anyway, our winner is Scott Gordon, who is probably the biggest
    George Hincapie fan I've ever seen because he would give up sex for a
    year to A) see George Hincapie win Paris-Roubaix and B) be a Disco
    teammate of George's who sacrifices his own opportunity to win to
    support his team leader. That's dedication. No, it's a full-blown man
    crush. The entry, in full, because it's too good not to print:

    "The Mons-en-Pevele cobbles are rain-slicked, it's freezing cold, and
    gusts of wind are wrecking umbrellas everywhere. Our faces caked in
    mud, our knees and elbows bloodied. I'm protecting George at the front
    of the field. Boonen bursts off the front. Maggie and I make the jump.
    I duck behind Maggie as he pulls. In the mighty Swede's slipstream, I'm
    feeling warm and comfortable for the first time all day. Recharged.
    Maggie pulls off, and I'm in a dream world. My legs are no longer
    pumping but spinning. I'm thinking of sunny days, the ocean, I hear
    music and laughter. By the time I snap back to reality, I find that
    I've dropped George and everyone else. Over the radio static and
    dropout, I can make out only that it's Johan and he's yelling. Do I
    break away and force a chase? Do I drop back to George? 40km left....I
    ease up. Flecha passes first, then Thor, Boonen, and Nico. George
    doesn't look at me - he's focused. He looks solid. Everybody's taking a
    crack off the front but nothing serious until we hit Gruson, when
    Boonen drops into a big gear and guns it. Flecha flats almost
    immediately and I have to swerve around him. George is drafting but
    some of the others get tangled up. Maggie's showing some strain as he's
    wincing and squaring off. As Boonen drops he tells George that I've got
    to go or he won't work. George, remembering Domo, doesn't respond.

    Boonen attacks again and again, but there's four of us heading into the
    drome. It's in the bag. Boonen and Maggie are jockeying for position,
    but George has too much in the tank for them. He goes into a sprint
    just a few meters in and wins it by a mile.

    Once I cross the line I realize just how cold and exhausted and
    exhilarated I am. I'm not on the podium, but as a 35-year-old rookie
    I've opened a lot of eyes. "Mostly," I tell reporters, 'I ride the
    streets in NYC. It's good training.' I move to Belgium, where I'll
    never have to buy a beer again."

    Honestly, it makes me teary. I'm scared to ask what Scott would give up
    to see George win the Tour. It also makes me sad that I have no
    Hincapie Sportswear to give to Mr. Gordon, although he will get the bag
    of Schwinn Schwag. Hey George? How 'bout it? Can you style our man?"

  20. Sorni

    Sorni Guest

    Scott Gordo wrote:
    > Sorni wrote:
    >> Paladin wrote:
    >>> I read it last night. Great letter. I always knew you for a closet
    >>> leg-shaving, gram-counting roadie. Maybe those pedals will help
    >>> bring you back... ;~D

    >> Anyone wanna clue me in on what I wrote? LOL Seriously, I didn't
    >> keep a copy and have no idea (other than the gist that I'm a...well,
    >> you described it fairly well!)...
    >>
    >> Bill "JFTR, my diet's horrid and I've never shave anything other
    >> than the mug" S.

    > Don't feel too bad. To win some swag (received yesterday, and better
    > than I expected) I said I'd give up sex for a year. It just gets
    > (much) worse from there. From
    > http://www.bicycling.com/article/0,3253,s1-14575,00.html?category_id=441:

    {click link to read snipped text}

    Wow. See, I'm not THAT kind of roadie at all! As with most of my
    activities, just a hapless hacker...

    Bill "I /do/ know who George Hincapie is, though" S.