Billet style Wheelchair wheels?

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Jason, Jun 19, 2003.

  1. Jason

    Jason Guest

    Does anyone know where I can find a place, that makes the Billet style wheels for wheelchairs?

    Thanks in advance! Jason

    Tags:

  2. Chalo

    Chalo Guest

  3. Ted Bennett

    Ted Bennett Guest

    > Does anyone know where I can find a place, that makes the Billet style wheels for wheelchairs?
    >
    > Thanks in advance! Jason

    I'm not sure what you mean by "Billet style" as a billet is simply a chunk of metal which is either
    pushed into the desired shape (forging) or cut into the desired shape. The former is superior.

    Phil Wood makes high quality wheelchair hubs.

    --
    Ted Bennett Portland OR

  4. Chalo

    Chalo Guest

    Ted Bennett <[email protected]> wrote:

    > I'm not sure what you mean by "Billet style" as a billet is simply a chunk of metal which is
    > either pushed into the desired shape (forging) or cut into the desired shape. The former is
    > superior.

    In hot rod culture, which may or may not be the angle the OP is taking, all things "billet" are
    those which have been CNC machined from plate. It is a purely aesthetic choice in most cases.

    Chalo Colina