Biological passports

Discussion in 'Professional Cycling' started by Andrija, Oct 27, 2007.

1. Andrija

Andrija Member

... Does anyone know what data will be in them (DNA, blood specifications, etc...). And, most important, how they'll be cheated?
    Any ideas?

Tags:

2. docgtn

docgtn New Member

My understanding of it is that it is more like a baseline. You gather info about hormones and what not and then if you go outside of a set parameter then you are guilty. I have no idea what info is in them though. I like the young U.S. team. Sorry I do not know their name, but I think it is a developmental team for young prospects that competes in Belgium and give U.S. riders a chance to compete against better riders. They establish performance guidelines as well as blood work and if either go beyond what is considered probable then they are cheats. Therefore if you go from nobody to podium finisher in one year they sort of start to wonder why your time trialing ability is so much better than it was 6 months ago. Not that Contador could not have improved his time trialing as well as his climbing. I mean I am sure there are lots of riders that I have never heard of who will compete for the Tour a year after not even riding it. Oh well I guess I digress.

3. Scotttri

Scotttri Member

Not sure how it would work for current riders in the big teams as some of them might have already been cheating for a long time. But a good idea none the less

4. Gregers

Gregers New Member

Well it will be. I don't know what methodology will be deployed but Sinkowitz evaded TM's much vaunted (by them) longitudinal testing programme. Only caught out by external testing-and presumably his own mistake.

5. snood

snood New Member

T-Mobile and CSC havent been checking hormone levels.

6. thunder

thunder New Member

does not matter, Basso was studied by an anti doping org the year he was blood doping 05. All the blood work looked normal.

I think Riis is a master at PR.

His values spiel.

His team building propaganda.

This Damsgaard program.

Everyone knows Cancellara, Voigt, Schlecks, probably Ogrady too, they are all on it. And Sastre.

7. grampi

grampi New Member

It is very likely there hasn't been organized doping in CSC over past few years and I think Riis really isn't the one to blame. Of course he knows Schleks can't be clean but unlike Bruyneel, he is not pushing his riders to do dirty things.

8. thunder

thunder New Member

beg to differ, Riis had 3
    1,2,3 doctors

THREE Doctors

DOCTOR DOCTOR DOCTOR!

they were fixing their riders.

9. grampi

grampi New Member

Bruyneel says nothing can be done with so few doctors and there are some strong rumors he is so obsessed with medicine that even a single team mechanic is encouraged by 3 doctors at least.:p
    I bet Brunny would have closed his paradise years ago if he hadnt collected the best medical support for his not very talented squad. Atrmstrong was good one day racer, but very average GT rider. A.C. was nothing more than explosive rider, with armstrongs programme he was suddenly firing all the time and battling with best TT machines. Leipheimer is just a terribly average guy, but not in company of Bruyneel.
    Hey,do you still belive chosing Astana was just a consequence?

10. thunder

thunder New Member

Contador is talented. No doubt.

But... not that talented.