Biomechanical Evaluation of Pedalling Mechanics-Big Lance

Status
Not open for further replies.

roadhouse

Aug 2, 2009
well its obvious that i barely have the smarts to brush my own teeth so this is just a cut'n' paste that i thought could be open to discussion between the lot of you all with normal and higher than functioning brains. I did catch the main bit of it though, higher cadence for sustained amount of real power due to less muscle fatigue.

Carmichael Training Systems: Bonus - Lance Training Retrospective

Lance Training Retrospective
By Carmichael Training Systems

After 20 years of coaching Lance Armstrong, Chris Carmichael has amassed a great deal of data on the 7 time Tour de France winner. Chris has decided to provide unprecedented access to this data, including never-before-seen documents and images from Lance's training files. Click here to see the complete "Lance Training Retrospective: 20 Years of Coaching the Champion".

Lance's First Biomechanical Analysis - 1993
These days, biomechanical analysis of a rider’s pedal stroke is available for pros and amateurs in performance centers and even bike shops. But back in the early 1990s, the only analysis available for cyclists was through the eyes of experienced coaches and team directors. Watching riders from the team car or the infield of a velodrome was the best way to tell if a young rider had a smooth pedal stroke, and once riders were older, it was assumed they naturally settled into the most efficient stroke for their bodies.

gman0482 said:
Just be careful of plagiarism.... :)

the ony thing i could ever be accused of is faithfullism. copying a link or the ensuing article to anywhere from anywhere isn't plagiarism in any way. It's public viewing material from the time the owner/writer posts it on the net. sharing these links happens all the time.

roadhouse said:
well its obvious that i barely have the smarts to brush my own teeth so this is just a cut'n' paste that i thought could be open to discussion between the lot of you all with normal and higher than functioning brains. I did catch the main bit of it though, higher cadence for sustained amount of real power due to less muscle fatigue.

Carmichael Training Systems: Bonus - Lance Training Retrospective

Lance Training Retrospective
By Carmichael Training Systems

After 20 years of coaching Lance Armstrong, Chris Carmichael has amassed a great deal of data on the 7 time Tour de France winner. Chris has decided to provide unprecedented access to this data, including never-before-seen documents and images from Lance's training files. Click here to see the complete "Lance Training Retrospective: 20 Years of Coaching the Champion".

Lance's First Biomechanical Analysis - 1993
These days, biomechanical analysis of a rider’s pedal stroke is available for pros and amateurs in performance centers and even bike shops. But back in the early 1990s, the only analysis available for cyclists was through the eyes of experienced coaches and team directors. Watching riders from the team car or the infield of a velodrome was the best way to tell if a young rider had a smooth pedal stroke, and once riders were older, it was assumed they naturally settled into the most efficient stroke for their bodies.

This evaluation does not do you any favours Frank ?

gman0482 said:
Just be careful of plagiarism.... :)

It's only plagiarism if the person who posted the article doesn't give the original author/creator of the article full credit for writing it. However, if the article is copyrighted, the person who posted it could be liable for infringement if they post it without getting permission from the original author.

Yea it's not really plagiarism, but when someone copies that much, word-for-word right out of a book, and has no real point or reason to do so, and no personal or logical input, it might as well be illegal. :D :D

Sorry, I had to get it out of me... :)

Yea you're right... at 6'4" and 175 lbs, I'm huge... :D Look don't get all flustered. I just couldn't resist making an obvious point about all your posts, that's all. No hard feelings right ? ;)

gman0482 said:
Yea it's not really plagiarism, but when someone copies that much, word-for-word right out of a book, and has no real point or reason to do so, and no personal or logical input, it might as well be illegal. :D :D

Sorry, I had to get it out of me... :)
As I stated a few posts up, reproducing an article without permission from the author of that article could be seen as copyright infringement, which carries both civil and criminal liability.

Now, since someone else here - who I won't name - insists on making personal attacks, I'm gonna have to lock this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.