Birdy warehouse fire

cfsmtb

New Member
Apr 11, 2003
4,963
Saw this on the BFA list. Sincerely hope Birdy are back up & trading soon. :(

http://www.birdy.com.au/news.htm02 Jan 2006:

At 4am on 2 Jan, a massive fire completely destroyed the warehouse facilities of Birdy Imports in Botany, Sydney. [see photo]
http://www.birdy.com.au/images/home/Fire1.jpg

Over 100 fire fighters were on-site but could do little to put out the fire. They could only ensure that it did not spread. The entire 9300 sq metre building and all its contents were destroyed. The outsourced warehouse contained the stock of several different companies in addition to Birdy.

All stock associated with Birdy in Australia was destroyed although there are a few items available from our offices (at a different location).

We are working closely with our manufacturer to either (a) bring our next planned shipment forward as much as possible or (b) to obtain an emergency shipment of stock.

However the fire will obviously impact the supply of Birdys and parts in Australia for a short period until things settle down.

Please bear with us during this time. If you are after a particular model, please contact us as we will have a good idea which retailers may have models in stock.

gplama said:
that sucks... pity it wasn't a 'bent factory.. oh wait, they are all homemade right?

cheers,
GPL

were you beat up by a 'bent as a child or summat?
icked sand in yer face...

Ooooh. I know. How to upset a Lama?
Easy. Pass him :D:D:D

gplama said:
that sucks... pity it wasn't a 'bent factory.. oh wait, they are all homemade right?

cheers,
GPL

Xenophobia is pretty wide spread in the "upright" cycling community.

Pete

flyingdutch said:
were you beat up by a 'bent as a child or summat?
icked sand in yer face...

heh, no... just being consistent..

flyingdutch said:
Ooooh. I know. How to upset a Lama?
Easy. Pass him :D:D:D

That'll only make me go faster.. and give me a wheel to suck ;)

cheers,
GPL
:giving up on usenet, replication to/from blows:

flyingdutch said:
that's the problem with em :D their too low to 'suck' :D:D

Please, don't start, you summon back that freaking 'bent troll. And boxtard's also kicked off early for 2006 as well. :eek:

cfsmtb wrote:
> flyingdutch Wrote:
>
>>that's the problem with em :D their too low to 'suck' :D:D

> Please, don't start, you summon back that freaking 'bent troll. And
> boxtard's also kicked off early for 2006 as well. :eek:

I think everyone's got that troll (why do they allow internet access in
psychiatric institutions?). Ignore. I think he is blowing a fuse very
soon (called himself cycle gal the other day, very confused and now
getting down to the level of faecal matter).

And 'boxtard' is ...????

"DD" wrote:

> I think everyone's got that troll (why do they allow internet access in
> psychiatric institutions?). Ignore. I think he is blowing a fuse very soon
> (called himself cycle gal the other day, very confused and now getting
> down to the level of faecal matter).
>
> And 'boxtard' is ...????

Are we refferring to Jean-Paul Turcaud? (HWKTOOWY - sorry) Infamous troll
on aus.bushwalking and various other aus. groups. Turd call!

Cheers
Peter

Peter Signorini wrote:

> "DD" wrote:
>
> > I think everyone's got that troll (why do they allow internet access in
> > psychiatric institutions?). Ignore. I think he is blowing a fuse very soon
> > (called himself cycle gal the other day, very confused and now getting
> > down to the level of faecal matter).
> >
> > And 'boxtard' is ...????

> Are we refferring to Jean-Paul Turcaud? (HWKTOOWY - sorry) Infamous troll
> on aus.bushwalking and various other aus. groups. Turd call!
>
> Cheers
> Peter

Good ole' JP... The end of the world is nigh! This week... no, wait,
next week... no, wait, next week...

Tam

gplama wrote:

> oh wait, they are all homemade right?

Are you implying that homemade bikes are somehow inferior?

I sense an element of cultural cringe...

Frowning,

Suzy

suzyj said:
gplama wrote:

> oh wait, they are all homemade right?

Are you implying that homemade bikes are somehow inferior?

I sense an element of cultural cringe...

Frowning,

Suzy

Am I ever.. :p

cheers,
GPL
:even I came from a factory:

On Fri, 13 Jan 2006 11:47:55 +1100, suzyj wrote:

> Are you implying that homemade bikes are somehow inferior?

I hear the brazing can be somewhat hit and miss :)

--
Dave Hughes | [email protected]
Against boredom, the Gods themselves struggle in vain.