Birthday Present

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by blasterfreak88, Sep 22, 2010.

1. blasterfreak88

blasterfreak88 New Member

Today is my birthday and my parents want to get me something to go with my mountain bike that I just bought. What are some good accessories that you guys would recommend. I am pretty new to mountain biking and am looking forward to alot of riding. I just bought a new specialized hardrock bike. I just want to get an opinion from people who ride all the time so I don't buy something stupid that I will never use. I am currently riding mostly single track trails in fairly dry conditions.

Tags:

2. davereo

davereo Well-Known Member

There are a lot of things you will need but the basics are the most important. You need to protect yourself from serious injury first and foremost - helmet and gloves. Then you need to keep hydrated while you are out riding - water bottle and cage or hydration backpack. You will also need a basic kit to make repairs of flats and tighten things that may become loose while out riding - multi tool minipump tube patchkit.

3. vspa

vspa Active Member

+ 1

4. TREKmanDan

TREKmanDan New Member

I noticed you're in Ohio, so I'd suggest a good cycling jacket that blocks wind really well. I'm originally from Michigan, so I know just how brutal winters can be... especially with wind chill!