bizarre behavior of cycling computer

I have a cheap cycling computer I got at Performance ("dB 4LW
Wireless"). Sometimes, when the bike is not moving, I see the computer
showing speeds over 70 mph. This does not happen when I am riding.
Obviosuly, this behavior causes over-estimation of my travel distance,
and it also screws up my max speed reading (I've never gone above ~55
mph, sorry). I've seen this behavior with 3 computers of this
particular type. Does anyone know why this could be?

<[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]
:: I have a cheap cycling computer I got at Performance
:: ("dB 4LW Wireless"). Sometimes, when the bike is not
:: moving, I see the computer showing speeds over 70 mph.
:: This does not happen when I am riding. Obviosuly, this
:: behavior causes over-estimation of my travel distance,
:: and it also screws up my max speed reading (I've never
:: gone above ~55 mph, sorry). I've seen this behavior with
:: 3 computers of this particular type. Does anyone know
:: why this could be?

Yeah. It's wacked!

On 11 Dec 2006 21:04:29 -0800, "[email protected]"
<[email protected]> wrote:

>I have a cheap cycling computer I got at Performance ("dB 4LW
>Wireless"). Sometimes, when the bike is not moving, I see the computer
>showing speeds over 70 mph. This does not happen when I am riding.
>Obviosuly, this behavior causes over-estimation of my travel distance,
>and it also screws up my max speed reading (I've never gone above ~55
>mph, sorry). I've seen this behavior with 3 computers of this
>particular type. Does anyone know why this could be?

Keep your cell phone away from the bike computer. Also the redlight
sensors in the road will speed up you computer quite a bit!

Fritz wrote:
> On 11 Dec 2006 21:04:29 -0800, "[email protected]"
> <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>> I have a cheap cycling computer I got at Performance ("dB 4LW
>> Wireless"). Sometimes, when the bike is not moving, I see the computer
>> showing speeds over 70 mph. This does not happen when I am riding.
>> Obviosuly, this behavior causes over-estimation of my travel distance,
>> and it also screws up my max speed reading (I've never gone above ~55
>> mph, sorry). I've seen this behavior with 3 computers of this
>> particular type. Does anyone know why this could be?

> Keep your cell phone away from the bike computer. Also the redlight
> sensors in the road will speed up you computer quite a bit!

Cell phones sound most likely. You would have to find which band your
unit works on since it could also be the proliferation of wireless
computer hot spots that could be attempting to 'ping' it.
Bill Baka