Bizarre interview with FL

limerickman said:
Armstrong lied, of course.
But he didn't lie in formal proceedings.......that's why he wouldn't go to France to challenge David Walsh (despite saying that he would bring libel charges).
The French courts await Mr Armstrongs appearance - should he feel so emboldened to live up to his promise to sue Walsh for alleged libel.

With the Jones judgement........I would suggest that dopers would be less inclined to lie in American courts now.
If they're found guilty.......
Lim Armstrong lied in testimony in the SCA civil case.

Definitely lied.

However, lying in civil cases is the equivalent to bowell movements. Everyone does it :D

thunder said:
Lim Armstrong lied in testimony in the SCA civil case.

Definitely lied.

However, lying in civil cases is the equivalent to bowell movements. Everyone does it :D

Would civil court perjury - be a criminal offence under US law?

limerickman said:
Armstrong lied, of course.
But he didn't lie in formal proceedings.......that's why he wouldn't go to France to challenge David Walsh (despite saying that he would bring libel charges).
The French courts await Mr Armstrongs appearance - should he feel so emboldened to live up to his promise to sue Walsh for alleged libel.

With the Jones judgement........I would suggest that dopers would be less inclined to lie in American courts now.
If they're found guilty.......
The SCA proceedings were formal. I don't know the penalty difference for perjury in civil litigation vs. criminal investigation but I'm sure there is a difference. And as Bro said, don't lie to the feds. They have the power and resources to come after you.

Landis is still ****** he's the fall guy for this sport and I think he's probably more ****** at the way things ended and is unable to blame himself. I hope he sues his lawyers.

Casa said:
Chris t, usually I ignore but I will respond this time:

G-bay? Perhaps I missed that one, but being forced to not be allowed to pursue your chosen career without some sort of sanction is having your liberty denied.
House, only is so far as an enforcement regime is integral to solving the doping problem. I would attest, it is not as important as a culture shift.

Yes, you need an effective deterrent, but the culture shift comes first, perhaps you might argue that a testing regime is the catalyst for a culture shift. That may have relevance, but you are too stupid to make such a nuanced argument.

Ah, yes, typical ................moderated.

House, your response was not addressed to username.

fscyclist said:
The SCA proceedings were formal. I don't know the penalty difference for perjury in civil litigation vs. criminal investigation but I'm sure there is a difference. And as Bro said, don't lie to the feds. They have the power and resources to come after you.

Landis is still ****** he's the fall guy for this sport and I think he's probably more ****** at the way things ended and is unable to blame himself. I hope he sues his lawyers.
Lying in a court of law is lying in a court of law. What difference does it make what the underlying proceeding is? The violation is . . . lying in a court of law. It's a crime.

fscyclist said:

Forgot to add, for what is he going to sue his lawyers?

Flandis shows poor memory, ….. or he is non sweeti proposted to pubblic osservazion .…

Who insistit pubblic hearing? Who declare destroy WADA sistema? Who organize
disinformation frenzy? Who sent his “moderatori” in cyberspace? Who played game with process and blamed many of retardation process? Who put his own famiglia interest below his “causa”? Who made psicotic Will his manager generale? Who charge 500$ for riding bici or dining with him? ..

Flandis conveniently forget own intenzional decision “go pubblic” -- elevating confrontation above animosità unseen...

Stop crying…take responsabilità dude to own action. There was another way.. you choosed blew it..and extort many money along this roadway…

C'dale Girl said:
Lying in a court of law is lying in a court of law. What difference does it make what the underlying proceeding is? The violation is . . . lying in a court of law. It's a crime.

That is the law over this side of the world - if you lie in court, regardless of whether the proceedings are civil/ciminal, you can be charged with perjury which is a criminal offence.

I wasn't aware of how the US legal system operates in this regard.
Thanks for the clarification.

To come back about the jail punishment of Jones... Marion has not only stolen fames, price moneys to her opponents, but she has ruined the s athletic history... 10 years of 100m history is gone.. Could you enjoy watching a retrospective of one final where she took part... We are all spoiled by his fault ...She has definitively sullied the sport.

poulidor said:
To come back about the jail punishment of Jones... Marion has not only stolen fames, price moneys to her opponents, but she has ruined the s athletic history... 10 years of 100m history is gone.. Could you enjoy watching a retrospective of one final where she took part... We are all spoiled by his fault ...She has definitively sullied the sport.
how many were clean in Olympic aths finals?

not many

thunder said:
how many were clean in Olympic aths finals?

not many
An athlete has 3 peaks of form in a year ... you can already exclude all athletes who are constantly close of their maximum... easy to see for 100m races!

poulidor said:
An athlete has 3 peaks of form in a year ... you can already exclude all athletes who are constantly close of their maximum... easy to see for 100m races!
100m final, mens and womens.

Looking at perhaps one clean in each, maybe. At a strech.

poulidor said:
Didn't her situation force team members to be stripped of their medals in the team events too?

C'dale Girl said:
Agree with that. But the SCA proceedings weren't held in a court of law. It was civil arbitration if I remember correctly. I'm sure you can't perjure yourself, but I would also think the penalty for perjury would be different than if you lied in a federal criminal case. Also Marion Jones never lied in a court of law either, she lied to federal investigators.

The difference is who you lie to. If you lie to another civil attorney in arbitration, the chance of getting a criminal charge that sticks is much less likely than if you lie to federal investigators and prosecutors.

poulidor said:
How do we know the individuals who finished second, third, or fourth are clean? It's no differnt than cycling. No different than taking away Riis' yellow Jersey to give it to who, Ullrich?